2021 Tris?

Djproulx
Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
Looking forward to racing again after a year off due to injury followed by the pandemic cancelling all my races this year. So far, I'm signed up for the Patriot HIM in June and Ironman Chattanooga in Sept. I'm still waiting to see if the South Beach Olympic tri will be held in April. All entrants were deferred due to the cancellation last year. Anyone else have long course races planned?

Replies

• Djproulx
    Signed up for the Challenge Miami Sprint in March, to be held as part of Challenge Series event at Miami speedway that weekend. Should be a lot of fun riding a bike on the track. I don't expect much as far as my performance, but it'll be a chance to shake off the rust!
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    I haven’t checked the forums in ages…I have 3 races this year. All deferrals. My first is actually a deferral from 2019 when I was having back issues. I spent last year doing lots of core work. Oly I’m Chattanooga on June 27, HIM in late August near Knoxville TN, and IM Chattanooga at the end of September.
  • Djproulx
    Just finished the Patriot HIM last Saturday. Now its a few local weekday Sprint races sprinkled in with building IM volume over the summer. I'll also be in Chatt for the IM on Sept 26th. Thinking its going to be hot!
  • EnduranceGirl2
    I did the Waterfront Oly in Chattanooga this Sunday. Temps were good for the end of June. IM CHOO is either a scorcher or wet. We’ll see what we get. I have the Fall Creek Falls HIM mid-August, so I’m also building volume with a little speed work mixed in now.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Just finished the Patriot HIM last Saturday. Now its a few local weekday Sprint races sprinkled in with building IM volume over the summer. I'll also be in Chatt for the IM on Sept 26th. Thinking its going to be hot!

Hi - Hope Choo was good to you!
  • EnduranceGirl2
    You too. Awesome swim, bike and run were good for my level of fitness. Couldn’t have asked for nicer weather.
  • Djproulx
    Also had a great experience at IMCHOO. Love the vibe of that place. Downstream swim was a big help to me. Really enjoyed the bike course, riding it at a very modest power output per coach's recommendation. Run ended up being a big dose of walking, given that I met a tri club friend in T2 who was really suffering stomach distress. I decided to hang with him since I wasn't after a PR. He avoided a DNF and we finished together. All good.