September 28

Options
13»

Replies

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options

~~~9 / 28 /2021~~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🧚🏼 ~~ Autumn Has arrived ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 220 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 30,100 +.......... 180 walking ........ 40 m house cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,064 Member
    Options
    Ooops, out of the Winners Circle, but happy that I was in the Winners Circle for darned near the whole month. :blush: More than that, I'm very pleased that I've lost 2.6 lbs since September 1st!

Tracked - NO, there was some nibbling going on yesterday that didn't get tracked
    Within calorie Budget - YES, even with the nibbles I had activity calories leftover
    Exercised - YES, 30 minutes weight machines and 20 minutes ARC Trainer Cardio machine

Pass Days Used - 4

Fitness App I use besides MFP - I wear the Garmin Forerunner 35 watch to track my running so use the GARMIN CONNECT app. Hi @WhatMeRunning ! When I needed to get a new GPS watch I debated between the Forerunner 235 and the 35. Cheapie that I am I went with the 35. :blush:;)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    When I needed to get a new GPS watch I debated between the Forerunner 235 and the 35. Cheapie that I am I went with the 35. :blush:;)
    In my opinion, there is no such thing as an inferior Forerunner, they all do so well at the core things. I've owned fancier ones (loved a 600 series I used to own) but a few years later when I had to replace it I found the 200 series had all of the features I really used, and the higher end series only offered (really nice things) that I just didn't need, so I saved some money and got the 200 series, and have never regretted it once.
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

I use Fitbit
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,064 Member
    Options
    Yes that's true @WhatMeRunning, I'm very happy with my Forerunner 35, it's a great watch. It has all the basics that I want--time, distance, pace, heartrate, calories, steps etc, and then some. :blush:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,050 Member
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Yes, yes and yes

I use the Apple Watch/Fitness app. I focus mostly on completing circles vs steps. I set my own goal levels and if I complete my circles, I am in pretty good shape for the day. And the Sept monthly challenge for me is 7 miles a day.

I remember being intrigued when I saw my boss wearing an Apple watch a long time ago with the colorful fitness circles, I knew this was something I wanted. I am not sure why but the graphic appeals to me greatly. I also use their fitness program which I like but right now I wish I could have something more specific for motivating me to do individual push-ups which is a goal of mine.

I had been tracking my food in a different app outside of MFP but switched at the beginning of the month after @MadisonMolly2017 had posted she used MyNetDiary. I was curious, looked at it and liked it. It is just the opposite of the Apple circles. Instead of a circle, there is an outline of a brightly colored apple and the goal is not to exceed the outline of the apple. For whatever reason, I love this and it seems to give me extra motivation.

I also signed up again for Headspace. I had signed up last year after going through such a rough time. I was going to let it go but they offered me such a good deal, that I signed up for another year. I am striving to incorporate mindfulness and meditation into my overall health routine just as much as diet and exercise. This is a work in progress.

Oh great @znaoiec ! I’m glad it worked for you, too!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Sept 28
    ✅✅✅
    12.3 K

In Champions’ Circle
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
    I use my Fitbit to track my exercise and steps. I use myfitnesspal to track my food but I don’t add it. I track my calories on a spreadsheet.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I'm always surprised when people so easily get 10,000 steps a day. I rarely do even on days I do treadmill, EPIC and walk.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm always surprised when people so easily get 10,000 steps a day. I rarely do even on days I do treadmill, EPIC and walk.
    Easy? Who ever said that? 🤪
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options

I had been tracking my food in a different app outside of MFP but switched at the beginning of the month after @MadisonMolly2017 had posted she used MyNetDiary. I was curious, looked at it and liked it. It is just the opposite of the Apple circles. Instead of a circle, there is an outline of a brightly colored apple and the goal is not to exceed the outline of the apple. For whatever reason, I love this and it seems to give me extra motivation.

Back around the 8th when @MadisonMolly2017 mentioned MyNetDiary, I downloaded the app and took a look at it too. Can I ask if you or @MadisonMolly2017 think that the food diary is more accurate (or perhaps just more detailed?) than MFP? Or why you like it over MFP? (I'm just curious). I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to switch over to it when I have so many "recipes" and "meals" already in MFP. But if I do decide to switch over, I want to do it on the 1st (tomorrow).
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options

I have to make sure that I get AT LEAST one decent walk (1 hr) in each day.... or two shorter ones! I also divide my day up and try to make sure that I have 3k steps by 10am, 6k by 2pm, and 9k by 6pm...... otherwise I often will not get my 10k each day... ;)
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »

Back around the 8th when @MadisonMolly2017 mentioned MyNetDiary, I downloaded the app and took a look at it too. Can I ask if you or @MadisonMolly2017 think that the food diary is more accurate (or perhaps just more detailed?) than MFP? Or why you like it over MFP? (I'm just curious). I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to switch over to it when I have so many "recipes" and "meals" already in MFP. But if I do decide to switch over, I want to do it on the 1st (tomorrow).

Glad you asked this. I’m interested in knowing the same thing. Looked intriguing and I trust @MadisonMolly2017 completely. But trying to understand the benefits.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Re the discussion of MyNetDiary, I'm interested in what y'all have to say, but my first question has to be: Is this an Apple app or can it be used by a 'Droid phone as well?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    @biketheworld
    @seilidhe

I found MyNetDiary prior to MFP. Having said that, they vet each entry of food/nutritional info. So, from what I’ve seen & heard it likely is more accurate…on the other hand, it’s a smaller database of foods. You can add any item & they will confirm info & add it, but again, more work.

I began using it because for a very short while post-transplant, I was medically created diabetic, so I used it to manage & spread my carbs/sugars. Due to transplant, I must watch sodium & protein so I use it for that now. Blood glucose is low normal - no diabetes!!

I use it in my Apple phone.

Does MFP do detailed micro tracking? If so, I’m not sure if it’s worth switching- especially if you’ve entered your recipes.

Does MFP allow you to copy meals from one day to another?

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” might be applicable here.

If you are diabetic, it’s a truly great app.

Hope this helps
    Maddie🌸
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Thanks @MadisonMolly2017 Maddie! I appreciate the detailed info!!

@seilidhe I have a Droid and have downloaded the MyNetDiary, so it must be good for both systems. I think that I'll stick with MFP since I have created several recipes here and yes, MFP does allow you to copy meals from one day to another.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Thank you, @MadisonMolly2017 and @Mrs_Hoffer! I think I'll just stick where I'm at because I also have recipes entered here and MFP does what I need it to.