I can wear size 12 jeans
  • trishalong84
    trishalong84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can see my toes when I sit down! LOL
  • spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Drying off after a shower is so much easier!!
  • trishalong84
    trishalong84 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok, since we're all ladies in here.....the first time I could "landscape" myself was a huge victory! I've been paying to be waxed for years cuz I couldn't even see the garden! LOL
  • slowerbutqwik
    slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I went to the thrift store this week to find the next size down pants. I use this as my measuring tool. Bought size 10 thinking I would have sometime before I could get them zipped up. When I got them home, they fit! Holy Cow! Was I ever a size 10??
  • spangadora
    Options
    Hubby told me tonight that I felt diffe6in his arms and that he can see the difference already! I'm pumped!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options

spangadora wrote: »
    Hubby told me tonight that I felt diffe6in his arms and that he can see the difference already! I'm pumped!

It's definitely these tiny (huge really) things that keep us going and make the journey all worth it! Hugs to you and hubby!
  • spangadora
    Options
    A big NSV for me was talking to the nutritionist and my surgeon for the month post-op milestone. I had been all in my head, worrying I wasn't losing reasonably and eating too much already. I'm apparently right on track and based on what I told her am eating the right amount at meals and snacks. Right now I'm aiming for 1000 or so calories a day but I'll likely land around 1200 to keep going as the varied foods come back into play.

I feel good!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    A big NSV for me was talking to the nutritionist and my surgeon for the month post-op milestone. I had been all in my head, worrying I wasn't losing reasonably and eating too much already. I'm apparently right on track and based on what I told her am eating the right amount at meals and snacks. Right now I'm aiming for 1000 or so calories a day but I'll likely land around 1200 to keep going as the varied foods come back into play.

I feel good!

Way to go! Your fear mirrors my thoughts and fear are much the same. After all this we want to do better than we used to!
  • slowerbutqwik
    edited June 2021
    Options
    My NSV... It's inconceivable to me, but I bought (and got into) my first two pair of size 8 jeans! 👖 And getting back to church in person every single person I encounter notices and says something about my new size! It's not onky about the scale! It's about these other victories! Sure doe feel great!
  • spangadora
    Options
    Had a multi-NSV over the past couple of days. At the doc for a pain treatment and when I dropped my (way too big) capris, my panties almost fell off! I'm back in the next size down of panties again! The today I finally was able to fit a previously too small top on! Hubby says again he can see the difference. So exciting!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    Had a multi-NSV over the past couple of days. At the doc for a pain treatment and when I dropped my (way too big) capris, my panties almost fell off! I'm back in the next size down of panties again! The today I finally was able to fit a previously too small top on! Hubby says again he can see the difference. So exciting!

Way to go! 👏👏👏🤛🙌🙌 It really isn't all about what the scale says (although that's great too) these NSVs are so wonderful! Just wait until that top is too big!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    This may be a scale victory, sort of. Today marked the day I am no longer in the overweight BMI category. I am now in healthy weight category! So amazing!
  • spangadora
    Options
    So amazing! You are rocking your journey!
  • krisbradley08
    krisbradley08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to buy a new belt or pants before surgery it's all to big. Though admittedly I will probably wait till post op that way it's still kinda comfy while healing.
  • spangadora
    Options
    So exciting for you! Go!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    I'm going to have to buy a new belt or pants before surgery it's all to big. Though admittedly I will probably wait till post op that way it's still kinda comfy while healing.

Buying smaller sizes is such an amazing feeling. I wore a lot of dresses with no waist band for several weeks while my incision healed. The cut where they took my stomach portion out was right where a waistband rubbed.
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options
    NSV, one of my stress relieving hobbies is sewing and I LOVE geeky things (superheroes, sci-fi, fantasy books) so several years ago I paired them both and started a small handmade side hussle. I take my things to our local Comic Con and sell them. Running a vendor booth in a very busy con has been very physically challenging and my family has helped and supported me. I just did my first con since weight loss last week, and boy was there a difference. I can get up and down a step ladder all day for three days, stand all day and set up and tear down my own booth! This was a huge victory for me!
  • spangadora
    Options
    NSV, one of my stress relieving hobbies is sewing and I LOVE geeky things (superheroes, sci-fi, fantasy books) so several years ago I paired them both and started a small handmade side hussle. I take my things to our local Comic Con and sell them. Running a vendor booth in a very busy con has been very physically challenging and my family has helped and supported me. I just did my first con since weight loss last week, and boy was there a difference. I can get up and down a step ladder all day for three days, stand all day and set up and tear down my own booth! This was a huge victory for me!

WOO! That is fantastic! Way to go! It is so awesome to feel something so significant like that. I can't wait to really feel the difference like that!
  • slowerbutqwik
    Options

WOO! That is fantastic! Way to go! It is so awesome to feel something so significant like that. I can't wait to really feel the difference like that!

Thank you! Can't wait to hear all your NSVs.