October 6

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Oh snap! I recently discovered free daily Heather Robertson workouts (available on YouTube) that I was seriously considering taking up as a daily exercise option. I had no idea she was the "Half Size Me" person!!!

Ok, going back to read the rest of the opener. Was very surprised to see that name was all.

Carry on.

ETA - I should have kept quiet. Might be two different people with the same name.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    No one is going to force you to lose weight. You have to want it for yourself . But it is nice to have great tools and community to help. :)

This is how I feel. I was on the thin side most of my life and never had weight issues until around age 50 because of slowing metabolism, worsening thyroid issues, and a major lifestyle change after ending a 15 year relationship. Even then I stayed under 120 ... it is only when I met my current partner and we traveled a lot over the last 10 years that my weight started creeping up into the 120s and then the 130s until I hit 140ish after one of our vacations and I decided I had enough. Physically I felt pretty awful at that point.

I've never been a binge eater or emotional eater so I have a hard time identifying with that. I have tried various diets over the years in an attempt to maximize my health (low fat, paleo, W30, etc) but in the end I've settled on what works best for me which anti-inflammatory (minimal dairy, mostly gluten free, lower carb). Low fat is evil and made me extremely angry. Paleo and W30 are too restrictive.

Nobody makes me eat healthy just like nobody makes me exercise. I choose to do it.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅