• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,293 Member
    Options
    October 8, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (8 days -free)
    Over Sugar macro today? No (6 days)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,033 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld
    @mshawski
    @donna25trinity

I’m joining your feet & hips club! The world is tough on bigger women & smaller men, but we’re moving’ on!! Focusing on health, habits, and happiness!!!!❤️

I will say my hips got smaller than I ever thought possible & my feet haven’t looked this good in 40 years!! I know a lot of people see my weight on MFP & think I must have ~ 30 lbs to lose, but I’m a normal weight🎉 normal body & visceral fat🎉🎉 normal skeletal muscle, and a freakin’ normal BMI.
    Normal is such a beautiful word to me!!

All doctors thrilled @yearly average about 156lbs & now only 5’8”.

Friends walk past me!! Initially it freaked me out, but now I love being a Secret Agent! 🕵️

Ha ha absolutely love this Maddie!!!! As always well said!!!! Ha ha also I can tots relate to ur normal comment. Lol!! I am literally at the very high end of wat is considered normal bmi for my height and even tho I just scrape thru it's still technically normal lol so I'm owning it!!! He he!!! Hve a fab day xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,033 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @donna25trinity, well done on all those goals! Only one goal not met but the UAC goals met!

How do you manage the last one – keep phone usage to a minimum? What do you aim for? Do you use it for games? Reading? Getting the news? Or is it Social media you are trying to cut back on?

Thanks so much @lesdarts180.

I deleted my social media accounts a few years back so for me personally I found that i was mindlessly wasting time on my phone msging friends to searching the net etc.

I find if i dnt keep it in check i can spend too much time on it which then results in me procrastinating.

Since making a conscious effort to limit my time on it I get so much done and I also notice my mood is better and as crazy as this may sound my thoughts are clearer on days I limit my phone time.

I try to aim to stay off it during the day then give myself 20 to 30 min at night to scroll the net, go on mfp and msg friends etc

This is still very much a work in progress.. I hve sum days that I do well and others not so well! Xo

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Oct 7
    Exercise - 15 minute MommaStrong, 20 minutes biking to town and back
    Tracking - Didn't make a plan, but tracked as I went (estimating)
    Calories - Under
    Pass Days - 0

Friday is my planned high calorie takeout day, with the new plan that some people here suggested. I was estimating like crazy, and estimating high, but still wound up a few hundred calories under my super high goal. It kind of feels like cheating... but it was planned. Last meal at my favorite restaurant before it closes - so sad. Actually last two meals, because I split the meal over lunch and dinner.

I have been weighing myself daily for ... uh... close to 20 years and close to half my lifetime. Much of that time while in maintenance. I don't worry about the fluctuations because I know what causes them most of the time. To me, doing it every day helps actually keep it from being that important.

But I do see the importance of tracking how you feel as well - I definitely have noticed that with the 15 minute morning exercise program I have been doing - I don't see any weight differences from it but I definitely see functional strength differences and that is really important.

And I see the importance of staying consistent with the habits even if the scale is not cooperating. That's why I am going to try this new weekly schedule for a few weeks before concluding whether it works or not. My weight loss has been slow and so something could have an effect and it'll take a while to see it (for good or bad in this case). I think the UAC is awesome for emphasizing the good habits without emphasizing the planned result of those habits. Because ultimately you can control the habits and not the result.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,470 Member
    Options

~🎃~~10 / 8 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🧙🏼‍♀️ ~~ OCTOBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 32,850+.......... 200 walking ........ 30 m house cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier – no passes, well done!

“Like others I have regained weight over and over again in the past. But I do not blame it on ditching the scale. That was just a symptom of not caring enough to even weigh any more. Usually the not weighing comes AFTER the gain starts and not when things are going well.”

I agree with this – sometimes when you know you have gained weight (clothes getting tight) you just want to pretend it’s not happening.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @oh_jackie, just keeping in touch, logging on here is a good habit to get into.
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @Lilinchen92 – congrats on three yeses!
  • lesdarts180
    Options
    @ForLangston, @tahm42, @snowshoe072, @moanton, @stella7x7, @Mrs_Hoffer and @bradkcrew
    Congratulations to all on your three ticks!
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oct 8

✅ Exercise: 12 weight machines, 40 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

I tend to go weeks without weighing. For a long time, I have felt that ¨honesty pants¨ (a tight pair of pants used only for the purpose of seeing if I am getting smaller or larger) makes more sense. However, last night I finally ordered one of those smart scales. What I realized was that the history they keep could help me. We will see how often I weigh myself. Definetly won´t be daily. Right now I am losing weight so rapidly--far more rapidly than I have ever let myself do before. I just started using a Lumen, which works on metabolic flexibility and based on your CO2 readings gives daily suggestions of macros (I believe it comes under the category of carb cycling.) I had never done low carb before-- I think I am almost in fat burning mode and my body is casting off a lot of fluids in addition to burning fat right now.