October 9

Options

Replies

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Oct 9
    Exercise - Yes, walked at least 20 minutes doing laps back and forth at the playground while supervising my kids' play. I don't think I would have bothered with that without this challenge, so thanks!
    Tracking - Preplanned the day and mostly followed the plan. I had to adjust dinner to what my wife actually grilled instead of what was planned, but it was the same calories.
    Calories - Under!

The question of what is my goal weight is front and center to me right now. I had been at maintenance (weight graph = flat) in spite of trying to lose weight for the last few months. Joining UAC was to see if a little push of motivation can get me losing again, because I'd like to lose 10-20 more pounds. I am right now hovering at the top of the BMI range. But I do want to balance that against what seems sustainable. I think I am going to take this month and see how it goes and evaluate.

I will say that this weight loss journey, I started out by just kind of coming up with a template meal (3oz protein, 1/2 cup carb, unlimited veg and sauce) and lost ~20 pounds doing just that and then plateaued, and that seemed hard at first and then sustainable as I got used to it. Then in February I joined MFP and started tracking, and lost another 4 ish pounds doing that, and then plateaued. And tracking seemed hard at first but then sustainable as I got used to it. And now my new plan is to really eat fewer calories during the week to compensate for my weekend indulgence which I am not changing, but also tracking. And right now that is seeming hard, but I am maybe starting to get used to it. We'll see if a) it works and b) it seems sustainable.

I am beginning to accept that I may have to decide that I'm done losing weight before I get to what was originally my goal weight. That nugget of wisdom has really gotten to me, the thinking of sustainability ... I definitely don't want to struggle to lose weight only to put it all back on immediately because it was really more than my body could do.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    tired of wasting my precious life comparing myself to an impossible standard and women years younger than me.
    This is so true and a very empowering statement. I’m going to teach this to my daughters and granddaughters.
    One thing I read about this…your GW will change over time (as you age, different types of workouts, etc.) We are works in progress.
    Absolutely. Years ago when I finally realized I was never going to be model thin again it was a hard reality. But I completely embrace it now. I’m not willing to make the sacrifice necessary to be that thin. I’m not sure what my sustainable weight will be, but it will be healthier than where I’ve been and I’m excited for the future.
    Cue Scarlett O'Hara, "tomorrow is another day!"
    Been there, done that. Tomorrow is another, better day. I know there are ways to tame that savage beast called bingeing but I’m not 100% there yet. I do know that every time I manage to say “no”, I’m a little stronger the next time.
    seilidhe wrote: »
    Went to lunch with my son and we went for sushi. I tried some things I've not had before. Couldn't find most of it on MFP, so just tracked random sushi dishes and hoped it was close. Surprised but not, at the calories involved.
    I’ve had to guesstimate often. Sometimes it’s the best we can do. I applaud you for figuring it out as best you could instead of shrugging it off. That’s a win!

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

~🎃~~10 / 9 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🧙🏼‍♀️ ~~ OCTOBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 180+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 21,830 +.......... 120 walking ........ 60 m house cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld - another great thought provoking post. Thank you.

I totally agree with this one - it just took me quite a few decades to start thinking this way and not be so hard on myself. It’s how I feel, not a number, that is important.

Saturday, October 9

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under but went out to dinner and overly carb crazy - feel it this morning. No alcohol but my body is not happy.
    Exercise: Yes, walk

Pass days to date - 3
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes

I too agree with this one. I am in a downward trend with my weight, letting go of recent gain from the past year or two. I feel better which is what is most important and I like how my clothes are fitting which is also great. I trust on some level that my body will tell me where it wants to settle.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    October 9

Calories ✅ On the mark — and for the first day in a while, didn’t tap into any of the exercise calories. Still finding my way with this.

Tracking ✅ Yes - everything

Exercise ✅ 100 minute walk with the pup; stretching and fascia release

Pass Days Used: None to date

Julie
    🥰
  • mgreen1965
    mgreen1965 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oct 9

✅ - Exercise - 9.6 mile hike w/ friends
    ✅ - Calories within budget
    ✅ - Tracked everything

3️⃣ Pass Days left
  • lovingcaring
    lovingcaring Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oct 9th

Track eats/drinks? Yes
    Within calorie budget? Yes
    Exercise? Walk the neighborhood 20min set up and decorate banquet hall for 50+people.

Today we celebrate my sis-n-law 40th Birthday! 🎉 🎈. This celebration had all my comfort food and adult drinks. I made it with the help of my daughter. I was under my daily calorie by 116.
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 60 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    October 9, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (9 days -free)
    Over Sugar macro today? No (6 days)

Pass day 0/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Calories and tracking no
  • moanton
    moanton Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes-tracking
    Yes-below calorie limit
    Yes-hiked hills for an hour! After kayaking!
    What a great day.
    Finally getting back in shape-was feeling pretty exhausted for a while, but started tracking, and working out in the morning for 10 minutes a day (about 3months ago) and now doing 20 minutes in the morning and at least some light activity every evening.
    Love this challenge!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    3 pass days used

Taking a break from walking to see if I can get the final soreness remaining from plantar fasciitis to go away as it has lingered now for too long and only seems noticeably improved after days with no walks. Exercise was only cleaning and stretching, which almost felt like cheating today, but I know it isn't. Going to try some new exercises this week, perhaps those YouTube workouts I mentioned last week.

ETA - Wrong day! 😆 LOL
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ✅✅❌
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,926 Member
    Options
    10/9
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? X
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Using 2nd pass
    ~~~~~~~~
    October goals
    - Miracle Morning daily.
    - yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly.
    - average 30g or fewer net carbs per day
    - No LNS daily, ONLY fruits
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Oct. 9

Exercise: 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes