Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - holding steady at 3!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Treadmill: 30 min / 1.55 mi (speed interval)
    Passes used: 0/3

Regarding yesterdays nugget #4 ... I agree to a point. I think it's fine to have a goal weight in mind but also it's reasonable to evaluate during your journey. I have a weight in mind but I'm not sure if I'll actually ever get to it since I've been in a maint mode now for six plus months even though it wasn't planned. I think it will take me a lot of months of losing at about one pound per month to get there but also with doing EPIC I'm gaining some muscle which as we all know weighs more than fat so it may be I will find a little higher number to be acceptable. Ultimately I am going by my waist which still needs to be smaller to be healthy. Actual weight is secondary.

Today's nugget is a bit weird to me. I don't identify with this idea of fear. I want to be at a healthy weight and live a healthy lifestyle so I can have a better quality of life as I get older.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,728 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @bradcrew! Magnificent!
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/10
    Exercised ?: YES walked 2.20, With my original goal it was too ambitious. The themes of grace and self compassion kept coming up for me today. Celebrate the wins.

Calories ? YES
    Tracked? YES

Pass Days 0/3
  • StayFITTer
    Options
    [quote="WhatMeRunning;c-46339450"

I can not enjoy life if I am too wrapped up in the fear of losing it. Worrying has never been joyful. Not even once. Not even just a little bit.….

I have tried to seek out and embrace all of the new joys I find in my journey towards health. I try to find as many as possible and repeat them as often as possible.
    End.[/quote]

That’ll preach. Thank you so much for being brave and for sharing. Found value and wisdom in what you had to say. Thanks for bringing your whole self to our comment section each time.
  • StayFITTer
    Options
    ⬆️ ☝🏾
    @WhatMeRunning apparently I must have broke the quote code 🤷🏾‍♀️. But I tried to mention you in the comment up above
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

~🎃~~10 / 10 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🧙🏼‍♀️ ~~ OCTOBER ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 180+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 23,890+.......... 150 walking ........ 30 m house cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    yes for 3
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    4 out of 3 Pass Days Used for me. Crazy as it sounds, I chose 2 glazed doughnuts last night over the chance of being in the Winner's Circle!! :p:D;) My Scoutmaster DH brought home 10 glazed doughnuts yesterday, leftover from the camping trip. Seems it was one of the scouts' birthday so there were doughnuts galore. I don't feel that bad about eating the 2 doughnuts because my DH ate FOUR of them! The remaining 4 however are all his. :blush:

After an indulgent weekend it's time for me to get back on the straight and narrow. I am thankful that I am in a healthy weight range for my height and all I am trying to lose are vanity pounds. After a weekend where both days I was well over my calorie budget however, it sets me back a little. So must focus and keep in mind "slim tastes better!" :smiley:

Yesterday:
    Tracked - Yes up until the 2nd doughnut and then I stopped
    Within calorie budget - No, the 1st doughnut put me over
    Exercised - Yes, a 30 minute walk on the treadmill

Babs
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Oct 10

Exercise: 120 minutes mountain biking, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking; yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 1
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Oct 10

✅ Exercise: 14 weight machines, 45 minutes swimming
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked
  • Jillygirl0220
    Jillygirl0220 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Exercised: Yes! Walking 4 miles + lots of squats (ouch!)
    Tracking: Yes
    Ate within budget: Yes, with a generous offset from the exercise, earning me a skinny cow ice cream sandwich - yum!

I would have to agree with comments made that fear never drove me to comfort food and overeating. For me it was feeling overwhelmed at work or at home, feeling a little low, or seeing those chili fries as my just reward for a hard day at the office. One of my favorite mantras these last few years though continues to be "you cannot use food to overcome your problems." Still works.
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OCT 10
    Exercise ✅ [1:55 h walk]
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    Exercise-yes
    Tracking and calories-no
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,613 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew -congrats! Awesome-I did a 5k yesterday-had a personal best of 36.15 -was proud of my time -ended up needing to walk some but it’s ok.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    Oct 10

Fear.
    At times, it has helped.
    At times, it’s not been in the picture at all.
    A very complex issue.
    If fear helps, yay.
    If fear impedes one’s progress, boo.

If fear helps you take action, yay!
    If fear leads you to make worse actions (in your opinion) unhappy face.

It varies.

✅✅✅
  • Lilinchen92
    Lilinchen92 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Done.
    Tracked: Yes.
    Within calorie budget: Yes.