Hi! New and Have Questions

Options
I had my VSG surgery on April 21st, 2021 and I am doing well so far. I have lost 67 pound and I"m a little over 5 months post-op. The loss has definitely slowed down but I am happy as long as it's going down. Is that normal at this point?
How much should I be losing at 5-6 months post-op per week/month? How much should I be eating at this point? I'm doing better at 4-5 small meals per day rather than 3 larger meals like I was used to pre-op.
I need to add more exercise for sure. I'm looking for a beginner's strength training program. Any suggestions?

Replies

• TinaShrinks
    TinaShrinks Posts: 19 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    This chart is useful, but also remember everyone is different and everyone's circumstances are different. I think you're doing amazing!
    umkbc5b4ugxk.jpg
  • TinaShrinks
    TinaShrinks Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As far as eating, I think what you're doing with small meals is definitely the way to go. Listen to your tool, you probably have cues to tell you when you're done. I usually get hiccups. Lol
  • atmdaddy
    atmdaddy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That guide is spot on! My recommendation is using the bands for strength training. You might find that we have some loose skin with all the weight loss( I lost 120lbs.) and simple strength training with bands and weights helps build muscle and shows better cut results! The added muscle makes the loose skin go away(arms and legs). Start slow with small reps and work your way up. Good luck and congrats on the surgery! Cheers.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    cinger0439 wrote: »
    I had my VSG surgery on April 21st, 2021 and I am doing well so far. I have lost 67 pound and I"m a little over 5 months post-op. The loss has definitely slowed down but I am happy as long as it's going down. Is that normal at this point?
    How much should I be losing at 5-6 months post-op per week/month? How much should I be eating at this point? I'm doing better at 4-5 small meals per day rather than 3 larger meals like I was used to pre-op.
    I need to add more exercise for sure. I'm looking for a beginner's strength training program. Any suggestions?

67 pounds is fantastic.

Some of us lose slow and others fast. You might want to check with your dietician on how much you should be eating at this point.

I am seven years out. My dieticians instructions may be outdated.
    I ate foods on my plan.
    900 to 1000 calories.
    60-100 grams protein.
    55 grams carb.

Exercise will kick up your metabolism. Many beginner strength training videos on YouTube. I also like HIT High interval training. Find whatever you enjoy doing.

You are doing great.

• mmskrent
    mmskrent Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amp up the exercise and it will help you lose more weight. I had my surgery 17 years ago. I was glad that I lost all of my weight in the first year. After that the cravings and your appetite will increase. Work on making small changes to your daily routine that will add movement. I lost a total of 171 pounds. I have maintained a 128lb loss over the 17 years. I am currently working to lose 40lbs. Recent weight loss 7 lbs.