Introductions!

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
edited October 2021 in Social Groups
Welcome to the November 2021 Ultimate Accountability Challenge!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and stay true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. We look forward to getting to know all of you a little better.

GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME @jmu1965 We look forward to getting to know you! :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Palpatches wrote: »
    Hello All,

I’m brand new to UAC! I really need this challenge as a way to hold myself accountable. For a few years now I keep losing and gaining same 5 lbs.. Ultimately need to lose 15 lbs.. I’m very frustrated! But this sounds like a structured and supportive forum and I’m looking forward to meeting you all and sharing stories

WELCOME @Palpatches !! We're looking forward to getting to know you better as well!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited October 2021
    Options
    My second time sticking to MFP. I started with My Peak Challenge back in 2017, and did great for 2 years, lost 29 lbs. first 6 mos, kept it off 1 1/2 yrs. Stopped tracking and gained some back, then Covid hit, and it all went...well you get it. I've gained 35 lbs. Though I'm 8 lbs. down, 2 lbs since starting MFP seriously 1 1/2 weeks ago. I really do like tracking so I should do okay. MPC comes with a food program, which I don't use (different food likes) but I love their workout and yoga program. I rarely miss a day. I usually take one day off to rest my body, but I do walk down and up our very steep drive (2 switch backs, 1/3 mi. each way) so I'll get that in for my rest day - it takes 10 min. each walk, and I like to do it 2 x a day on top of my workouts.

@montanamom1 it sounds like you're well on your way! Good for you for getting a hold on it before it gets too out of control!! :) WELCOME!!

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    atowne212 wrote: »
    Hi all 😊 I’m excited to join this group! I’m a mid-30s mom of two toddlers. I’d like to lose 20 lbs… I need help staying consistent with both eating and exercise. I love running and I’ve been hit or miss with it the past month. I’m going to start tracking tomorrow to lead up to November. Let’s do this!!

WELCOME @atowne212 We have several runners in our little group! (I wish I could be one! Lol!) Feel free to join us finishing out October, just to get into the "habit" of logging into the group everyday..... if you like! No pressure! We're glad to have you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141516-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2021
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    edwardsc60 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm an MFP old hand having been working to better control my weight for 20 years. I lose the same 2.5 stone every few years, keep it off for a while and then find myself surprised one day when it has crept back on. My first real "diet" was done in 2000 after my sister pointed out that University had made me fat!! Since then I moved countries, moved back, married, had a kid, had a dog, had a divorce, not had Covid... I was back at my heaviest again last week and my mum was kind enough to point it out this time! So here I am tracking, walking and trying to make good choices.

@edwardsc60
    Aw, I'm sure mom means well..... lol. In any case, we're terribly excited that you're going to join us in November! :love: WELCOME!!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME @enlightenme3 We're definitely glad to have you! And good for you for putting your health first in retirement! I just turned 60 in May of this year..... I've heard that 60 is the new 50! Lol. In any case, WELCOME! :)