My new saying for cravings-
    You don’t need it so leave it

It worked this morning when I wanted seconds
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    Pass day #6

I am struggling here. LOL. The past 5 days have been super rough, and I'm trying but not really seeing much willpower. I need to find new motivation and get my emotions in check. Why is in the spoiler. Probably a little TMI to share here, but it is what it is. We're all friends here, right? LOL.

The clif notes, which explains why I mentioned being super annoyed with my spouse recently: We've been getting ready to attempt kid #2 for like 2 years now. Getting to a healthy weight so I had a better experience than I did with my son was 85% of my motivation to lose weight (the other 15% was vanity). The first pregnancy did not go well, and the c-section went even worse. I have a lot of emotional trauma tied to the birthing process I had with my son, and getting healthy to avoid that again was my #1 focus with this weight loss venture. This fact is very well known among my family members. Well, turns out Hubs decided at the end of last week #2 was not happening, despite how anyone else feels but him. So... Long story short - as to avoid a rant about exactly how I feel about this with a lot of MFP substituting "kitten" for the words I'd like to use - there have been a lot of Doritos the past couple of days. I ended up ruining yesterday with Cheetos in bed at 11pm. I need to figure out how to take the 15% of my motivation that was purely vanity and turn it into something that resembles 100% motivation, or I need to find a new motivator.

Also I need to stop being sad about it. Mostly I'm very, very angry. Neither is good for staying on plan, especially with my main motivator disappearing.

Maybe I need to start some house projects to funnel the angry energy into so it has a pretty outcome.

Sorry if that was TMI, but honestly I'm not sure anyone in my "real" life would get the blow to your progress completely losing 85% of you motivation is, and I'm not sure any of them would have solid advice on how to find it again. Thanks for listening to my whining crazy. <3 I appreciate you all.

I really empathize with you. I think Maddie has said most of what I wanted to say so beautifully. I had to come to terms that my weight lose motivation will have to come from inside me (my health) and nothing external. It was this realization that help me lose and maintain. Eating my emotions does not solve my problems, help my anger, etc., The result works against me. When I am angry, I take a walk, scream as I walk, etc., I pray a lot! I sing, I dance. I work on my projects! I do anything that will make me feel good. When the angry goes away, I need to see a good result! No tummy ache, bad feeling, more weight, etc.

This feelings will soon pass.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    October 26, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (22 days -free)
    Over Sugar macro today? No (15 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking, yoga and push-ups/planks
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,160 Member
    Options
    Happy 60th @SModa61 ... realize it's not normal celebrating conditions for you right now but we are thinking of you on your very special milestone birthday!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @mshawski Never TMI, thanks for opening up and sharing your story, there is always something to take away from a situation even if we're not in the same one... I can't imagine how that must feel and imagine you have a lot of emotions to process right now.

Wow @MadisonMolly2017 I know that was directed at @mshawski but there were tons of good nuggets in there for all of us! I know we've talked about our whys before in this challenge... you have clearly done the homework on yours!!
  • ashleycarole86
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Lots going on in the group today. Really enjoy reading what everyone is up to and acknowledgement of challenges and how everyone is working to overcome them.

So so proud of you @Mrs_Hoffer - I don't have levels I'm monitoring per say but I do know when I go back to my doctor for my next physical he's going to be amazed! Looking forward to that.

Did I exercise 20? Yes, 20 minutes on the Peloton and three walks totaling 102 minutes
    Did I track everything? Yes
    Did I stay within my limit? Yes

Pass days used - 4
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,036 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Oct 26
    ✅ ✅ ✅ Exercise today was 30 mins walking.

Pass Days Used: too many!

Maryann, I can't imagine what all you must be feeling. Losing 85% of your "why" - just like that - is huge, I certainly feel for you. ❤ I don't have any great words of wisdom, but I think that I would have to take some "me" time and see if I could come up with another "why". I think Maddie has some terrific suggestions.

Chris, things sound really stressful for you right now... I hope things in your world calm down soon! That much ongoing stress cannot possibly be good for you. 😥

<<hugs>> to both of you. ❤💙💜

I had my annual health assessment today for my health insurance. They didn't do them last year (because of covid) and in 2019 my cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL were all at the highest they'd ever been. I'd never had a problem with sugar before, but in 2019 my fasting blood sugar was high as well. They even called me back in a week later for an A1C to check my sugar again, and told me that I was pre-diabetic! 😞

My numbers today were amazing! I've lost 50lbs, and everything was within the "normal" range. I agree with Maddie in that I don't ever want to "diet" again! I'm gonna move into more of a 'maintenance' mode now.... and see if I can learn how to KEEP the weight off! 😊

@Mrs_Hoffer
    This. Is. My. Favorite. Post. Of the YEAR!!!
    Congratulations on your commitment, persistence, and growth!!!!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I have Complete Faith that you will effectively Design your unique method of Maintenance. Like dieting, there are several aspects to figuring it out!!

Maybe I’ll do some posts on this in November!

I am SO happy for you!!!
    🎉
    Maddie🌸
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,036 Member
    Options

Wow @MadisonMolly2017 I know that was directed at @mshawski but there were tons of good nuggets in there for all of us! I know we've talked about our whys before in this challenge... you have clearly done the homework on yours!!

Thanks @ashleycarole86 !
    The WHY is critical when life happens, habits slip, etc.

Our WHY is like a giant car lift that gets us back up on our feet again!

You inspire me!

🎉
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,113 Member
    Options
    Tracked logged a better food day today weather so bad our first nor’easter of the season raining and windy so no lunch time walk I think I saw snow flakes this morning when I took the dogs out.
    So after work I went to Lowe’s for 2 new snow shovels and a couple of draftstoppers!

Did strength and flexibility work.

I wondered if you had a storm coming in @snowshoe072 Here, we blame the desire to buy and eat “storm chips” (or “storm crisps” for our UK members) on incoming weather systems. I kid you not — at times, the chip shelves are empty. Buying snow shovels and draftstoppers sounds like a more sensible choice. 😂😂🤣
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning - Chris, that kitten is just THE sweetest. 💛🐾🐾💛

@mshawski - my heart goes out to you. Your anger, sadness, and frustration are real and valid. I am sorry for this derailment from the path you were on and the sense of loss. 💙

@biketheworld - Yes, pretty much. The neutered boy is marking less already (though this change may not last). 😂😂🤣

@StayFITTer - Awesome first spoiler! And, such a great idea. I struggle with sleep - falling asleep, staying asleep, and going back to sleep. My husband is desperate to ban the iPhone from the bedroom. I use an alarm to tell me to shut it down prior to bedtime, butboftem just ignore it. 🥸 Perhaps I should try posting on MFP earlier and filing an update if it were needed. I know Chris does this sometimes @WhatMeRunning Good idea!
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    OCT 26
    Exercise ✅ [3 min stair climbing + 45 min strength training]
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Treadmill: 21 mins / 1.29 mi