Introductions!

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    WELCOME Spencer @spiceinvaders !! I absolutely :love: your name, and we're so glad that you're here! Feel free to join us finishing out October, just to take a look at how we do things and get into the "habit" of logging into the group everyday..... if you like! No pressure! We're looking forward to getting to know you better!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141516-ultimate-accountability-challenge-october-2021
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME @Heliotr0pe !! And it's a great idea to seek out accountability. We look forward to getting to know you better. :smile:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WELCOME back @BMcC9 - it's good to see you back!! That's exactly how I got started a year ago when I came back to MFP - my entire first month was all about logging, that's all. I had to get into the habit of logging every single thing I ate/drank and for whatever reason, I wasn't very good at that and found it difficult. Lol. Now, thankfully, it's more of a "habit". In fact, I try to pre-plan my next day's meals the evening before (in my food diary), so that I can plan what my "snack" will be, and make sure I have enough wiggle room for it! :lol:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    pamjsa wrote: »
    Hi all! I've been taking a break from the UAC since last summer and my weight has remained stable, but this Halloween season has proven to me that I need greater accountability over the holidays. So, I'm back!

I also need a measure of support for my own well-being because, in addition to working full-time as a professor, I'm a caregiver for my husband Mike. He was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease in 2018 (early onset--he's just 57), and his illness has progressed more quickly than any of his doctors predicted. At this point, he's retired on disability. Taking care of him is a full-time job on its own--so when you add work to the mix, taking care of me often slips through the cracks. But that's why I'm here.

WELCOME back @pamjsa . It sounds like you have a lot on your plate.... and I can certainly see how taking care of yourself can easily slip through the cracks..... it probably seems like there aren't enough hours in the day! In any case, we're very glad that you're back! :smile:
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first UAC challenge and I'm really excited to get into it. I just turned 40 and I have 2 littles, and I hate how much I end up on the sidelines or avoiding activities. We'll see how this month goes, but I hope I at least get in the habit of logging and exercising. I discovered the Oculus and the workout Supernatural, and love it. Looking forward to this month! So happy this group is here!

WELCOME @rlwagner731 That's terrific that you've found something that you enjoy! We're looking forward to getting to know you better! :wink:
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,002 Member
    Options
    This will be my third month in a row doing UAC.

Here is a little info about me:
    *I'm 61 years old
    *I've been married 34 yrs, we have 2 sons ages 27 and 30
    *I've been a breast cancer survivor since 1999 (I was 39 when diagnosed)
    *I've been a runner since 2007 (at the age of 47)
    *Highest non-pregnancy weight - 175
    *Lowest adult weight - 125 (not sustainable for me!)
    *Was a Weight Watchers member from 2003 to 2014(?) ( I joined at 148 lbs and in 6 months I was down to 128 and Lifetime, but couldn't sustain that weight for very long)
    *I've been on MFP since 2013
    *My weight tends to fluctuate between 135 and 141, usually closest to 138.
    *I would like to get down to around 133 lbs and then work on MAINTAINING 133-135 lbs.

September 1st weight - 138.6
    October 1st weight - 136.0
    October 31st weight - 135.4

I have had bouts of bingeing/compulsive eating in the past but over the years I have been able to get it under better control so that it only happens on the rare occasion. Last night I gave in to temptations and ate way too much Halloween candy. Since I was already out of the Winner's Circle for October the >:) voices in my head said I might as well pig out one last time before the new month of UAC starts. :# I am going to avoid the scale a couple of days but normally weigh every morning. :blush:
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,002 Member
    Options
    @spikeinvaders Spencer welcome to our group! I very much liked reading your intro that you are 29 years old and have made the decision to start taking your health seriously.

I have a 30 year old son who I would guess has a BMI around 36, so a little bit more than your BMI of 34. He is 5'9" and my guess is around 245 lbs? I have been praying now that he has turned 30 he will start working on eating better and losing some weight. I haven't approached him about it in a few years because he gets defensive when I do. His younger brother (27) is getting married next July so I am hoping perhaps DS1 will use that as incentive, along with the fact that he is now 30, to lose some weight. It would not only be healthier for him but it would give him more confidence to find a girlfriend. I haven't seen him since June when we visited him in San Francisco where he lives. He'll be coming up here to Seattle for Thanksgiving (and most likely also Christmas). It would make me so happy if he has already started to work on losing some weight.

Anyways Spencer, I am so glad you are taking charge and I really hope my son will be taking some action too, if he hasn't already.
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is the third month in a row that I’ve signed up for UAC. I have a very active toddler and like @rlwagner731 mentioned, I too hate how much I end up on the sidelines.

I have yet to join the winners circle but I have made some great progress since September… I’m down 7lbs and several inches (including 1.5” off each thigh!) and this is considering I’ve had one cold after another and have taken many weeks off exercise.

In any case, this accountability group has been great for me as my eating habits have improved dramatically and my cravings are under control.

I’m hoping to lose 5-7lbs by the end of this month as I only lost 2lbs last month. Let’s do this!