Transitioning from Pescatarian to Plant-based! Help!

Options
I am currently a pescatarian interested in converting to a more plant-based lifestyle. I need food ideas and healthy tips/habits so this will not be overwhelming.

Replies

• Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a "health diet" that is plant based. I've lived full on carnivore always, so I'm trying a new style of cookery, but I was perplexed. The Medical Medium wrote a book with beautiful pictures about foods. Life Changing Foods. I really enjoy the recipes, appreciate the pictures and can now see a Fruit / Vegetable dish as lunch or dinner.

• metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I was vegan for a couple years and I found that subscribing to vegan recipe blogs helped me stay upbeat about my diet. I used a recipe app to import recipes from blogs that looked good, and then just fished in my app when I felt like I needed inspiration. I also read a lot about veganism and how to get enough vitamin B12, iron, and protein. Being educated is one of the best ways to enter a new lifestyle!
  • lnashnmai
    lnashnmai Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’m mostly pescatarian myself. I was vegan and gained a lot of weight not feeling full carbs (ugggh). I ate gardien for replacement meats and have recently found they have fats I prob shouldn’t have been intaking. Since I found my ldls n triglycerides r high I’ve started eating. Tuna and turkey as my main source of protein intake… I was involved in a lot of vegan groups that made people feel bad about any questions regarding transition if something was brought up “they” didn’t like so it was hard… I gave up after being one of the lucky ones 🙄 to gain weight as a vegan… Cutting carbs now.

Wishing u luck and hoping u do better than I did