Captains Lounge - NOVEMBER 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
Hi all!

Welcome to November. Which begins in October and ends in December. WTG us!

When you have a chance, can you check over the Support Team lists from October and let me know if there are more people migrating to November, anyone who has disappeared, or all the etceteras? Thanks!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    @jugar Please excuse Waifer003/TrimStones from this week's weigh in. She's dealing with some family issues. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar I've updated the Oct/Nov spreadsheets, but thought you might need to know as well. Yukie86 has changed her userid to Yukie_OP. FYI
    Jessica
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar I've updated the Oct/Nov spreadsheets, but thought you might need to know as well. Yukie86 has changed her userid to Yukie_OP. FYI
    Jessica

OK - good to know! I'll change it in the top starting weights as well, if she has submitted one. Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please move ewilhelm2487/Trimstones to the Support Team. She's having lots of issues this month and needs a break. She hasn't been feeling well either, but she wants to continue to interact and support the team. Thank you!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar Please move ewilhelm2487/Trimstones to the Support Team. She's having lots of issues this month and needs a break. She hasn't been feeling well either, but she wants to continue to interact and support the team. Thank you!
    Jessica

Send her a hug from me! She was on a great roll for a while, so I am sure a recalibration and break to get back in fine form will do her a world of good.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Please move WTGnicole to support. She is doing a weight loss program at work so she is finding both too hard. Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar

Please move luccianaff to support. She has a busy month and I will be checking back with here in December. Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hey @jugar

bumpbreakcar would like to return to Team Weight No More. I added them back to the spreadsheet and updated their current weight and weigh day, but I am not sure if there is anything else that needs to be done for their return in terms of permissions and whatnot.
  • jugar
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hey @jugar

bumpbreakcar would like to return to Team Weight No More. I added them back to the spreadsheet and updated their current weight and weigh day, but I am not sure if there is anything else that needs to be done for their return in terms of permissions and whatnot.

As long as they have "joined" on the home page they should be able to post, and if they never unjoined then all should be good to go. If you have an original starting weight, go ahead and add it to the topstartweights tab and you're off and running!

By the way - did you ever hear from bjaneb - new member who did not say what their weigh-in day
    was? If they don't show up at all this week, go ahead and just remove them. Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hey @jugar

As long as they have "joined" on the home page they should be able to post, and if they never unjoined then all should be good to go. If you have an original starting weight, go ahead and add it to the topstartweights tab and you're off and running!

By the way - did you ever hear from bjaneb - new member who did not say what their weigh-in day
    was? If they don't show up at all this week, go ahead and just remove them. Thanks!

Haven't heard anything from bjaneb as far as I'm aware. I'll do a quick sweep through and see if they posted anywhere else by accident.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    @FaithIt365 posted a late weigh-in. I've updated it--could it get switched to LWI instead of NWI.
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    @jugar @ha11ow33nsp00k just let me know she is dropping from the team. Can we move her to the drop list?
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello Captains!

There have been some good discussions in the Moderators' Mudroom lately, and I think it might be time to make things a little clearer around the Support Team / Cheer Squad - whatever you like to call it!

The Support Team is for short term use by members who are ill, on vacation, have no access to a scale, or are going through something that will come to an end and allow regular participation again. Members on the Support Team should continue to post when possible - just a bit of news or a hello from time to time is enough. A hospital stay or vacation with no way to post can be an exception, of course. The biggest difference is that their weigh-ins do not count while they are there, even though weighing in is still an option. They are still members of the team and should not just disappear. Even those who are taking a break because they are frustrated or burnt out can keep in touch, I hope!

The Support Team and the EXC notation should not be a way to hide when there has been a weight gain (or continues to be for a bit). Gaining happens to us all - it is useful information, even though we hate it. If the team member can weigh in, they should continue to do so and get the support and encouragement of their team in order to work through it. Of course, if there is more serious depression or upset, then the Support Team can be useful to let things calm down for a while in order to be able to come back to regular participation. I know all of our Captains are good at judging these situations. If ever there are questions or things are not clear at any time, please never hesitate to get in touch by message.

If a member is in support because they have reached a goal, even an interim one, and wants to maintain for a while or permanently - please use the Goal Zone. They still weigh in every week, but it does not count in the team tallies, since their goal is not to lose. If they go above their chosen "zone" for 2 weeks in a row, they go back to regular team until they get back down again.

Please share this information with your co-captains who may not all come here to read things :wink: and inform members who request a stint on Support about the general way it works. Try to establish a return date right from the start. One or two months should be the normal maximum. If it is just a week or two, please just have them EXCused from those particular weigh-ins rather than moved to support. If it needs to be longer and the person does not feel like posting or sticking with the team in a minimal way, they can leave for a while and request to re-join later.

I hope this is helpful - if anything is unclear, too inflexible, or anything that makes you unhappy, please let me know! Thanks as always, everyone :heart:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,100 Member
    Options
    Well said Liselyn :)
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me @jugar
  • melaniedscott
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hey! Are you talking about me? 🙃

Can we switch @bjaneb to late weigh-in instead of no weigh in? She hasn't posted (yet) but let me know what it was--she had some equipment failure this week.
  • jugar
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hey! Are you talking about me? 🙃

Can we switch @bjaneb to late weigh-in instead of no weigh in? She hasn't posted (yet) but let me know what it was--she had some equipment failure this week.

no problem! you really need to find out what day she wants for weigh-in, though. Too bad it was late! She would have been #1 for loss this week for sure!!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,523 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How are we on this bright and sunny Monday?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar

Please remove tazaria87 from the challenge. She has been with us for 15 months so I am sad to see her go. Hopefully, she may decide to come back in the future.

Also, it appears that bluebabygirl55 has deleted her account. Not sure if you want to remove her now or wait until the end of the week. Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! How are we on this bright and sunny Monday?

Doing good but still dark here - I'll be even better when the sun does peek its way out :) Have a good day
This discussion has been closed.