November 9

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jjjcat
    jjjcat Posts: 340 Member
    Tuesday Nov 9

Exercise: Yes 30 minute dog walk
    Calories under: Yes
    Tracked all: Yes

(1/3 pass days used so far)
  • Katiecan2021
    Katiecan2021 Posts: 266 Member
    @biketheworld a great topic! I want to stay healthy this winter, not least because when I'm under the weather, I crave sugar.

Healthy lifestyle has to be key - one area I've been reading about is our gut microbiome...eating a wide variety of fruit and veg isn't just about vitamins, it helps keep this super essential part of us alive and well - which appears to contribute enormously to our immune system. After my pretty horrific 10 days of diarrhea post covid, I took some advice and now take daily a probiotic, plus I drink kefir most days. I've no way of knowing if this has helped me or not, but I am feeling better and I'm hoping it is keeping me healthy! And I have a vitamin D spray now too, since we don't get an awful lot of sun around here from October to April.

I've also started making use of the sauna ay my gym, apparently taking saunas and cold showers are also good for immunity. Plus, it's so relaxing! You can't look at your phone, or even move much, I think it's actually very good for me just to stop and be still if nothing else.

Today was good - exercise was 30 minutes of yoga, 20 minute dog walk, 25 minute swim, Tracked and stayed under calories.

• ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Yes x 3.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,529 Member
    @Mrs_Hoffer i have not yet received it is in transit I hope it’s not sitting on a cargo ship!! I will let you know as soon as it arrives it’s a magnetic 16 various tensions rower that is foldable for easier storage although I think I have a permanent home for it I will keep you posted.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,529 Member
    edited November 2021
    All three done walked did kettlebell work and meditated.

I also took a multi vitamin in the past but no longer do so I only use a psyllium for a low cholesterol control, astragalus and elderberry for colds and flu like issues along with vit D. I think we are better served by real food outdoor exercise and a good nights sleep and some occasional beer or wine. Sometimes we place to much faith in a pill when real food is our friend. Nice topic for today as they gave the flu shot a work… not me😊
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    I just like learning things the hard way too often because I'm just so gosh darned smart I can get away with anything, right?
    Not gonna lie - that made me laugh because this describes me PERFECTLY. I'm always impressed how well you understand what you need to do and why you need to do it. Kudos to you!
    My only input on this because I don't have first hand knowledge is did you know that you should not take BIOTIN within 3 days of getting blood work done. Esp thyroid. I have been taking it for years and all of a sudden signs popped up at the lab location. I asked my endo because for years I have been taking it. I mean who thinks that supplements are going to effect bloodwork? Esp non fasting? She said that it gives you low readings so it makes it look like your thyroid is doing better than it is for T3 test.
    OK - so I marched right over to my vitamin bottles to read how much Biotin they have - because I've had some whacky thyroid tests the past couple years. But the content is minimal on the multi-vitamin and nonexistent on the PresserVision.
    I don't have any prescription meds except a calcium supplement (osteopenea diagnosis a few years ago). I take an over the counter supplement for my eyes on the recommendation of my optician, as my mother has macular degeneration.

So, today I travelled up to my DIL for a couple of days. The children are having a really difficult time.
    I had a bone scan a couple years ago and as a result I also take a once-a-week pill for osteopenea. The worst part about it is that I have to wait 30 minutes before I can drink coffee after taking that pill and my gosh you'd think it was going to kill me!

I'm also exactly with you on the macular degeneration - my mom had it so my optician suggested the PresserVision vitamins, which she also took.

Are the children struggling because they miss their dad? It's good of you to help - and I'm sure heartbreaking for you as well.
    Healthy lifestyle has to be key - one area I've been reading about is our gut microbiome...eating a wide variety of fruit and veg isn't just about vitamins, it helps keep this super essential part of us alive and well - which appears to contribute enormously to our immune system. After my pretty horrific 10 days of diarrhea post covid, I took some advice and now take daily a probiotic, plus I drink kefir most days. I've no way of knowing if this has helped me or not, but I am feeling better and I'm hoping it is keeping me healthy! And I have a vitamin D spray now too, since we don't get an awful lot of sun around here from October to April.

I've also started making use of the sauna ay my gym, apparently taking saunas and cold showers are also good for immunity. Plus, it's so relaxing! You can't look at your phone, or even move much, I think it's actually very good for me just to stop and be still if nothing else.

I keep seeing kefir but don't know much about it. You've prompted me to do a little research.
    @Mrs_Hoffer i have not yet received it is in transit I hope it’s not sitting on a cargo ship!! I will let you know as soon as it arrives it’s a magnetic 16 various tensions rower that is foldable for easier storage although I think I have a permanent home for it I will keep you posted.

So - several months ago I was waiting for an order - I don't even remember what it was. I was tracking it, it was on a truck, and then the tracking stopped and I couldn't get an update. Well, that was right when some big storm had gone through the south and everytime the news showed trucks laying on their side with contents strewn everywhere, I'd think "yep, my stuff is probably on that truck right there."
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,281 Member
    November 9, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain/work on this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (7 days "nuts" free)
    Within Sugar macro today? No (6 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Yes, yes and yes

I think my biggest line of defense has always been daily walking. I do take various supplements but can be inconsistent in what I take. I think this is okay and that it likely averages out over time. This year I have added probiotics to my diet which I find interesting.