Perimenopause, anyone???

Options
Hi folks! I'm looking to commiserate and problem solve around physical changes related to perimenopause. I'm having a helluva time since May...can anyone relate?

Replies

• jb1stm8
    jb1stm8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can! 😁 I've been thinking for the last year or so that I may be going through it, though I haven't been "officially" told that by a doc. Curious what you're experiencing?
  • scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have been going through it since my late 30's. I didn't recognise the symptoms at first as I don't really get hot flushes. I had a hysterectomy in my early 40's, ovaries were left and the symptoms got worse very quickly. It has been a bit of a roller coaster, fighting to try and get HRT (Dr said I was too young!) and then finding out I can't take the HRT when I finally got it!
    I have osteoarthritis in both knees which affected my mobility which in turn affected my weight.
  • Hippiegurl444
    Hippiegurl444 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yup. I’m an absolute train wreck when my hormones get wacky. I get super hungry and want to eat fat and sugar.
  • betharose34
    betharose34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep my hormones are all over the place! I’ve got to take some action. Currently squeezed into my work trousers that are far too tight and uncomfortable because I couldn’t find my work skirt this morning 😣
    I literally cried it was either the trousers or call in sick
  • christinafamy
    christinafamy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yep! That's me! The second I turned 44 everything changed/stopped. Realized it's not like the 'good 'ol days' and things are going to have to change ASAP. Back to lifting and eating clean. Things are moving SLOW but patience, perseverance, and perspective matter. not to mention being gentle with ourselves (working on that). I am looking for any guidance and cheerleading here too. ;)
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Eatthefruitnotthecake78 Posts: 143 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hi yes, im sure ive been going through it for the past year, although i had a blood test to check FSH levels and they're fine apparently, so cant get any help from the Dr. I do have many of the symptoms though.
    Been eating Flax seeds and almonds everyday, they are high in phytoestrogens, it has helped reduce hot flashes, and headaches. Still an emotional wreck at times though 🤷‍♀️. I'd gained alot of weight too that just wouldn't shift, that had been going on for 2 years, i was diagnosed with high cholesterol (hereditary) and been following the diet for that as well as taking statins and ive lost about 1.5 stones now