Leslie Sansone November 2021 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    @deeder522 I love that!

Its a freezing fall day here so I took the car in for snow tires between work meetings, pressed my husband to make a pumpkin shepherd's pie (which really needs lots more spices-- any ideas from you guys about what to use to liven it up next time?) and nailed 10,000 INDOOR steps.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    November Goal: 130 miles plus strength/Pilates each day

Nov 1: 4 Miles WATP Express+ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 2: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 3: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 4: 6 Miles (4 Mile Walk and 2 Dance Miles) + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán
    Nov 5: 5 Fat Burning Miles ~ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 6: 5 Really Big Miles + 18 min GymRa full body strength with Lindsay
    Nov 7: 7 Miles ~ 4 Mile Fast Walk + 3 Miles Dance and Walk to deep house mix + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    Nov 8: 6 Miles ~ 4 Mile Fast Walk + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 15 min HASfit strength for legs

43 out of 130 miles
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    @mypinkbikini - for your pumpkin shepherd's pie - it would have to be a vegan version for me, so that might make it a little different, but I would say rosemary leaves, smoked paprika, garlic and turmeric. You could also try maybe some chili powder or cayenne if you want to make it more spicy.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options

November Goal: 130 miles plus strength/Pilates each day

Nov 1: 4 Miles WATP Express+ 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

Nov 2: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Heart Healthy + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

Nov 3: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

Nov 4: 6 Miles (4 Mile Walk and 2 Dance Miles) + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

Nov 5: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

Nov 6: 5 Really Big Miles + 18 min GymRa full body strength with Lindsay

Nov 7: 7 Miles ~ 4 Mile Fast Walk + 3 Miles Dance and Walk to deep house mix + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting

Nov 8: 6 Miles ~ 4 Mile Fast Walk + 2 Miles Woman's Walk + 15 min HASfit strength for legs

Nov 9: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 3 Miles 5K With a Twist! + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

Nov 10: 5 Fat Burning Miles + 15 min HASfit strength for legs

54 out of 130 miles

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options

I got 1.5 miles in yesterday around the farm. Our first winter "storm" is supposed to show up in the next day or so. The trees must know b/c they were dropping leaves fast and in clumps this morning.

Tomorrow, I have an extra Apple watch challenge for Veterans Day. Any workout lasting 11 minutes or more.

Random note: MFP's updates to the groups' forums is going to take some getting used to.

• sandra2bfit1
    sandra2bfit1 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group getting back to my walking I have many WATP Dvd's starting the 1 mile today.
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    @VeggieGirlforLife thank you for the spice suggestions! I didn't realize you were vegan! Now you'll have to help me troubleshoot my recipes moving forward- I'm diving into the elusive mac n cheese with nut yeast again this winter for sure :)

Since going dairy-free last year I find myself ordering the vegan options and scouring vegan recipes. We still eat meat and I try to eat eggs and fish a few times each week, but I've noticed since going dairy-free that we definitely eat fewer animal products and I find when I do have steak or meat I don't desire huge cuts anymore. Instead it's fine to have just a little bit of meat mixed in with a lot of veggies/carbs in a lot of my meals so I'm feeling good about those changes. I'm trying to bolster with veggie protein sources which honestly can be a bit of a struggle and one of the big reasons I could never imagine going totally vegan. This week I've been making smoothies with trader joe's almond butter or refried beans in a breakfast burrito to try to up my morning protein. My nut milks and occasionally yogurts have very small amounts of protein.

We're an ongoing conversion over here for sure :) I am a little nervous about travelling again-- every menu seems to be loaded with cheese and milk now that I don't eat it!
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Deeder522 wrote: »
    I got 1.5 miles in yesterday around the farm. Our first winter "storm" is supposed to show up in the next day or so. The trees must know b/c they were dropping leaves fast and in clumps this morning.
    Tomorrow, I have an extra Apple watch challenge for Veterans Day. Any workout lasting 11 minutes or more.

Random note: MFP's updates to the groups' forums is going to take some getting used to.

I wanted to like your post for your walking but I cannot bring myself to LIKE the first storm of the season :) STAY WARM! And I wholeheartedly agree-- my phone cant get to community right now so I had to logon to my computer to update and say I've been doing my walks and jogging several days all week.
  • JustEm2015
    JustEm2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm almost embarrassed 😳 to post my baby goal, but ripping off the band-aid, my goal this week has been to walk 2000 steps a day minimum (yup, that's it, total, and that's about a 400% increase) Starting Monday the 15 th I'm going to increase that to 2250/day.

I am using Leslie Sansone's "Walk 500 steps now" first thing every morning. It's just five minutes and I'm doing it while my breakfast gets ready before work. There is a"Heart Healthy 1 Mile Workout with Bands" that I'm going to try for the first time tomorrow. Not before breakfast, later in the day! I have pelvic floor dysfunction so I need to have five minutes of mild activity, eat a high fiber breakfast, and drink a warm caffeinated beverage all within 45 minutes of getting out of bed! 😅

I have stage 3 ovarian cancer. It's active but stable, but I haven't been taking care of my body other than just trying to keep it alive. I'm sure you can imagine my energy level isn't phenomenal. I'm feeling decent right now and there is some new peervteviewed research that exercise helps tumors grow slower, so that's pretty motivating. I would like to get to 5000 Steps a day and maintain it, even if/when my chemo regime changes.

Does anyone here have the app? Is it worth it? Are the easier routines on there too?
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1.5 miles
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    @JustEm2015 -Some days I rock those steps 250/hr AND STILL don't hit 1k/day without really being intentional. Other days (like this weekend) I can run for miles. NO SHAME AT ALL in a baby goal. In fact this month, my goal was just to walk something every day, and for me with Leslie sometimes that happy 1 mile makes me feel better inside too, even when I didn't feel like working out. My wish is that Leslie's walks (when you get there) do the same for you and make you feel good (and powerful) inside and out. I don't have the step counting app but I have found her walk at home app very nice for choosing workouts beyond what I used to watch on you tube. Welcome.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1.5 Miles
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    November Goals

Mileage Goal: 42.61 / 85 miles tracked
    Apple Watch Challenge: 7 / 14 workouts of 15min or more.

Surprised me to find that I'm about halfway on both goals.
    The snowy weekend has come and gone. As usual, most of it has melted and they are teasing us with near 60 on Wednesday before it drops back into the low 40's. Snow tires go on tomorrow.

@JustEm2015 I don't have the App but from what I hear all of Leslie's workouts are on there. I usually stick to her youtube page. There is a nice selection of 15 minutes 1-mile workouts there if you haven't looked into it.
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1.5 miles
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    I jogged 1.5 miles and did the rest of my 10k steps pretty fast this evening after a long work day. My plan is to get the 10k steps on BEFORE WORK and my long drive tomorrow so that tomorrow evening I can rest and my legs are ready to jog Again Thursday.

Somehow today feels like it should already be Friday 🙄
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    Took 3 intentional sessions today to get 7500 steps but I'm home And happy and looking forward to big workouts the next 4 days!
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    1.5 mile walk
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 miles today
  • sandra2bfit1
    Options
    2 mile walk
  • JustEm2015
    JustEm2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Deeder522 and @mypinkbikini thank you so much for your support of my baby goal! I feel so much less ashamed and welcome! It's hard to find a place to fit in in this community.

@deeder522 I think I'll stick to YouTube also 👍🏻 one less app to deal with and a great price point!

I had a lot of pain Sunday and Monday and didn't even get 1000 steps either day🤦🏼‍♀️ but Tuesday despite still having some pain and bleeding I got it back together and was back on it meeting my goal! I noticed yesterday after work on a work day when I sit focused at my desk, guess how many steps I had from when I got dressed (right after getting out of bed) to after work? 192. That's not a typo. No number is missing. One hundred ninety two. 😳

I'm worried about Thanksgiving day. My husband usually doesn't do any walking w with me so "how about we go for a walk?" Will feel awkward. It's a huge personality flaw but I just never want to bother anyone or make anyone uncomfortable. Not a great trait a lot of the time. Wednesday we'll be driving BUT I have a doctor appointment at the cancer center that morning so I'll have no problem getting in 2000 steps of I get up, do 500 steps, then have my appointment. Friday we'll spend enough time away from my in laws I think that I'll feel comfortable? Oh! We are staying in a hotel! Great thinning guys! That will help Thursday! Duh!

I don't want to "stress" about it, I'm not "stressed" but every day I reach my goal I feel better. I didn't care at all Sunday and Monday when I felt like someone stabbed me. Didn't even check.

I'm going to increase my goal SO HIGH. I'm going to increase it to 2100 for next week. 💪🏻‼️🏋🏼️