November 26

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I hope that all who celebrated enjoyed their Thanksgiving Day yesterday! By the looks of the posts I read, we should lose few to the dreaded food coma.

fkgwf8vo4fhz.png

In Canada, we celebrate on the second Monday in October (October 11 this year). I have always seen the US Thanksgiving as the start a long slide to the celebration of the new year. The desire to gather, share, celebrate, reflect, and also to look ahead is a traditional expectation of many of our celebrations throughout the season.

For me, this time of year really kicks me into gear to start thinking more seriously about the passage of time and what I want for my own health and wellness. ⏰📆

I found a template at at site to help me create a “future destination” postcard. I am going to use this to create some intentions and a plan for success from now until the new year, and beyond. I think this will give me some personal focus beyond day to day tracking and reporting. I am personally ready for that right now. 🤓

I’ve shared the link below in case any of you are intrigued. The text at the outset states:
    “Imagine you could get a postcard from your future self. The postcard shows you exactly what you want to happen with your health and wellness. It's as if "future you" arrived at the destination and sent a postcard back in time to tell you what it's like. The destination postcard tells you what you want, not what you don't want.”

https://www.lisadahlwellness.com/destination-postcard-lisa-dahl-wellness

The template takes about five minutes and then I will use https://www.futureme.org/ to ensure that message arrives in my inbox at ghe new year.

Once those intentions are set in my postcard — I’ll need a plan with commitments to ensure my success. I know getting more and better sleep is going to be on that list! 💤🥱😴🛏🛌

Be well and be happy,

Julie 🥰
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    I hope that all who celebrated enjoyed their Thanksgiving Day yesterday! By the looks of the posts I read, we should lose few to the dreaded food coma.

fkgwf8vo4fhz.png

In Canada, we celebrate on the second Monday in October (October 11 this year). I have always seen the US Thanksgiving as the start a long slide to the celebration of the new year. The desire to gather, share, celebrate, reflect, and also to look ahead is a traditional expectation of many of our celebrations throughout the season.

For me, this time of year really kicks me into gear to start thinking more seriously about the passage of time and what I want for my own health and wellness. ⏰📆

I found a template at at site to help me create a “future destination” postcard. I am going to use this to create some intentions and a plan for success from now until the new year, and beyond. I think this will give me some personal focus beyond day to day tracking and reporting. I am personally ready for that right now. 🤓

I’ve shared the link below in case any of you are intrigued. The text at the outset states:
    “Imagine you could get a postcard from your future self. The postcard shows you exactly what you want to happen with your health and wellness. It's as if "future you" arrived at the destination and sent a postcard back in time to tell you what it's like. The destination postcard tells you what you want, not what you don't want.”

https://www.lisadahlwellness.com/destination-postcard-lisa-dahl-wellness

The template takes about five minutes and then I will use https://www.futureme.org/ to ensure that message arrives in my inbox at ghe new year.

Once those intentions are set in my postcard — I’ll need a plan with commitments to ensure my success. I know getting more and better sleep is going to be on that list! 💤🥱😴🛏🛌

Be well and be happy,

Julie 🥰

Oh Julie! @jamcnewman Thisis such a great idea!

We have 5 weeks - almost 1/10th of a year!

I will have family guests around off & on Dec 12-31, and usually I usually do okay, but after they leave I gain (sad they are gone & exposure to all the yummy things they eat that I don’t.)

Planning to eat at dieting level the next 16 days, and then actively manage me feelings after they leave. Practice will make perfect, and it’s time for me to turn this way of handling their not living in a place I can go to around!!!

Love the postcard. Thank you for the links!

Best,
    🌸Maddie
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    NOV 26
    Exercise ✅ [15 min run + 5 min stretch]
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,727 Member
    Options
    26/11/2021
    Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    I only had a short bike ride today – it started to pour when I was only about 1 km down the road! I kept going but cut it short.

That’s a great idea @jamcnewman – I haven’t gone to the links yet but I will do.
    I think better sleep will be in my list along with making more effort to keep in touch with friends and family who I don’t see often.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman

That is a wonderful idea.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,557 Member
    Options
    Didn’t do awful with turkey day weight but…. tomorrow is another chance to do better. I did some rowing and flexibility work worked on the dog for yoga better but not grand. Tracked logged made it good night
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    November 26
    ❌✅✅

I'm still a bit undecided on my goals for next year just yet.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,229 Member
    Options
    ✅ tracking
    ✅ calories - under
    ✅ exercise - over 20 mins on the stationary bike under 20 mins of arm strength and wall sits
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,060 Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    November 26
    ❌✅✅

I'm still a bit undecided on my goals for next year just yet.

Me too Chris. I just know that I need to set some intentions to carry me from now until December 31. ♥️ 2022 Goals are a ways off for me.

So many big challenges ahead in our family and it feels like I am on autopilot. I sense my own frustration and a bit of resentment kicking in. Need to kick my own butt and define what would be better and then get working to name and achieve those changes — even if just in my attitude. And more sleep. Probably the biggest issue to be honest. If that was improved by Jan 1 2022, I would make so many other aspects of my wellness journey a more enjoyable experience.

@WhatMeRunning
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,784 Member
    Options
    ✔️✔️✔️ just did keep things under budget, but I do that even with money. 😜