Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 145
    CW. 144
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    results.png

Our forth week of November has concluded! Be sure to check out the results of this past week in the link below.

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

fkssom06lt9g.png
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Yayyy for Christmas decorating! Good job on getting all those green checkmarks.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Woot on your awesome weight loss this week! And congrats on becoming a mother-in-law! Have they set a date?

Hi Team! Not much going on today. Church was good this morning with a guest speaker who has been a pastor in Kenya for 46 years. He and his wife are from Georgia, and they always come back here for the holidays, and we have been their church for the last three years. He is very energetic! :grin: Yesterday, with my small group of elves, we put up decorations at the church. After we were done, I cleaned the sanctuary from all the dropped pine needs and glitter. Then hubby and I went to Lowes and bought a bunch of poinsettias and to Hobby Lobby for more gold bows. We put that all up at the church and by the time I came home I was so exhausted, and my feet were killing me. I’ve had my fill of decorating! :grin:
    Day 67 of the 100-day Challenge Commitments:
    1. Workout or do church cleaning 5 to 6 days a week A much needed day off!
    2. Eat mostly high protein, low carb, moderate fat Eating on plan today.
    3. Restart Data Driven Fasting and work it like a boss! Hit my trigger today of 84 for lunch.
    4. NO unplanned sugar! None!
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe how this month is flying by!

@trooworld I am so sorry that the doctor didn’t have more information for you about your migraines! Hopefully you don’t have to wait too long to get into a neurologist. So glad you don’t have Covid!
    Oh my word, those rolls have my mouthwatering!

@TeresaW1020 I have never heard of cooking a turkey upside down! I will try to remember that for our Christmas turkey. Do you know why it makes such a difference?
    So glad that your husband was able to get his PET scan so quickly, I am sure you are counting the days until December 6. I find the not knowing is always the worst.

@trooworld , @Cornanda and @bgame024 huge congratulations making it onto the leaderboard!

@Cornanda I hope you find get fit with Rick as entertaining as I do. Your strategy for Thanksgiving, that is the very similar to mine :-) :-). only difference was, I sent all the leftovers home with my kids, I love leftovers! LOL

@Katmary71 I imagine that must be pretty stressful having your ex-boyfriend still there! Good for you for sticking to your program!!

@GabiV125 I too am a huge scrunchie dependent!🤣.

I am now officially all caught up! This month has been nuts, can I just say that?

Vannie finally quit with the runs over the last weekend, so I booked a carpet cleaner to come in last Wednesday my carpets were a mess!! Since the carpet cleaners were coming in, I started moving everything into rooms that weren’t carpeted, so they could get at as much carpet as possible. That started a cleaning frenzy. I started taking things out of my closet, then decided I may as well get rid of my clothes that didn’t fit anymore, which led me to my shelves and my dresser drawers. Three big green garbage bags later and a very empty closet and dresser, it felt really good! Since I had deep cleaned my bedroom, I thought I may as well do the same with the loft… On and on it went. By the time the cleaners got here Wednesday afternoon and I was pooped! On Thursday after everything was dry, I moved everything back and was once again really tired. I grabbed a turkey burger out of the freezer that I had made months ago, not realizing it was bad. I ended up with food poisoning and was pretty sick Thursday night, Friday and started to come around yesterday morning. Can I just say I am so happy that November is over!😅

Sounds like all my American friends had a terrific Thanksgiving! This really is a wonderful time of year!! Now that my house is all freshly cleaned, I too am ready to start decorating for Christmas!!!

I have found that I am having a real problem with my energy after about 4 o’clock, might get up and go, definitely has got up and left. I don’t know if it is because of what has been going on this last months or if I have a case of Seasonal Affective Disorder, our days are extremely short now!
    I have just started using a light box a few days ago, see if that will make a difference. I need to prioritize checking in here, in the first part of my day. Right now after 4 o’clock I can’t think. I think I will try to check in right after I get back from the gym every morning! That is a goal for me for this week, checking in here, is definitely important.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hi gang, quick check-in. I managed to knock out my back (and shoulder, arm, and neck) so I'm taking it semi-easy, kind of embarrassing as it was getting laundry out of the dryer but I suspect going up in weights may have strained it first. Anyhow, I'm laying low reading. Thanksgiving was fun, I stayed at my parents Thursday and yesterday we all got together at my brother's house. If any of you have Nintendo Switch a fun family game to play is Jackbox.com, we played with ages 10-80. Things are still tense at home, I hope he leaves before the eviction date, I gave him 30 days even though he had a verbal agreement to leave in September.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 218
    CW: 218
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 270
    C. W. 270
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    The November Week 5 Challenge is up and running!

This week is all about your team. We're always needing to hear what is working for you on F2F so that we can hopefully do it better! Here is a chance to show your gratitude for things that have worked for you.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10849942/november-week-5-challenge-your-team#latest
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Woo hoo! Way to get on the leaderboard and show 'em who's boss!

@Firefly743 @lose4me71 Also congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Nice loss, congrats! And congrats on your son's proposal! That's a lot of steps. I had a great Thanksgiving! I'm glad you did, too.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! Yeah the month IS flying by. Thanks, I have an appointment with the neurologist on Thursday, Dec 9th so not too long. I'm glad I didn't have COVID either. Sorry to make your mouth water lol! I'm glad Vannie is doing better now. I know what that's like having a pup that has the runs all over, not fun! Luckily, we have hardwood floors so it's easier to clean up. That sounds like a lot of work but it probably felt good to get it done. Oh gosh, I'm sorry about the food poisoning! I'm sorry about the 4 o'clock slump, I get it around 3.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you! I'm sure that the pastor in Kenya has a lot of interesting stories to tell. I bet the church looks fantastic! You did great with the challenge yesterday.

@Katmary71 Oh gosh, that's terrible, I hope you feel better soon! They also have the Jackbox games for PC and probably Playstation, we have them for PC and love them! So much fun. I hope your boyfriend leaves before you have to go through the hassle of evicting him.

Hi all. I'm having a tough time right now, we have a family member going through some health problems and it's stressing me out. Hopefully I can keep busy at work and not get too much caught up in my head.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Slims!

Well, I checked out and left my lizard brain in charge for the remainder of the weekend. I ate way too much. Time to get back up on the horse and move on. In addition to showing love with food while my kids are home, I've also noticed that their visits mess with my emotions. Sometimes they are loving family members, other times, they shove parents away as fast and hard as they can. The back and forth is a bit difficult. My husband feels it too. I'm sure we will get better at it with time.

So what CAN I do to get going in the right direction? Plan out my exercise for the week and be ambitious about it, (but not so ambitious that I want to skip out). Resolve that Lizard Brain is once again caged. Eat foods that are healthy and align with my goals. I have to say that I feel yucky today after eating so much crap. Eating healthy food makes a big difference all around.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - A proposal! How exciting! Nice loss this week!

@TeresaW1020 - that sounds like more than enough decorating!

@laurelfit57 - wow. You have been busy! I bet your house looks terrific. I hope the afternoon slump improves.

@Katmary71 - this morning my husband hit himself in the eye with a shoelace. He said "how embarrassing would that be if you put your eye out with a shoelace?" We agreed he'd need to make up a better story if it actually happened. Maybe that's what you need to do with your dryer injury?! I hope it's better soon. I love Jack Box!

@trooworld - Yeah I get ya about the health stuff getting in your head. My head was not in a great place over the weekend. Stay strong!

Lisa
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 10/27: 225.6

Check in weight (11/3/2021): 223.3

Check in weight (11/10/2021):223.0

Check in weight (11/17/2021):225.3

Check in weight (11/24/2021: 224.1

Sorry for the late check in! I had my head in the clouds with the holidays. I really wanted to use the weight I had on Tuesday. I was so sick to my stomach that weekend and was down to 220! I knew it was just water weight though. Happy Thanksgiving all!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Yes, cooking the turkey upside down is a bit of effort but what a difference. As is following the tips about not basting and letting the turkey rest. Here is the link of the advice I followed, and it worked perfectly! https://www.theyummylife.com/Best_Roast_Turkey Ohhh my you have had a crazy November and I hope December will be much more relaxing for you. Food poisoning is just awful! I’m the same way that when I start moving things or cleaning it turns into a full-blown project. I’m sure you are loving the results and I’m glad that Vannie is feeling so much better! I’ve heard good things about lightboxes and will be curious to see how you like yours after a few weeks of use. Also, for that 4 pm slump do you snack around that time? Maybe change that up to some lean protein to see how that works to give you some more energy. :)

@Katmary71 Ouch sorry about your poor body being knocked out. The first time I threw out my back was picking up a sock that fell out of the dryer. It happens! What recourse will you have if your ex refuses to leave? What a jerk! :/

@trooworld So sorry that you are having a rough time and that your family member isn’t doing well. <3

@Cornanda It is a hard age when your kids are trying to move into adulthood and yet still feeling like kids when they are around you. Hard for them and for you all. I’m sure it will get better with time. I hear you about evil old Lizard Brain. I was all set to tame the beast and then my mom handed me a baggie of Peanut M & M’s. I ate them all in an hour. Ugghhh!! :#

Hi Team! Another busy day around here. Mom and I went to Trader Joe's and Walmart this morning and then I came home and did a little housework. Hubby and I went to Khols and Sams this afternoon. I was going to work out, but I slept so badly last night and with all the shopping, I just don’t have the energy. I have done fair on my eating. Not counting a baggie of candy that my mom gave me. :p
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    Well, I got a great start to the day! Ran out and got my grocery shopping done for the week, came home, read our posts, posted directly into our chat, then pressed done instead of post🙈
    So I will try once again, now that I’m not in such a hurry LOL!
    @Katmary71 I am so sorry to hear about your back and shoulder! That can happen so easily! Typically when we’re not paying attention:/. When is his 30 days up?
    @trooworld So glad you are getting into the neurologist quickly! It is so tough when you have a family member going through health struggles, really sorry to hear that. This isn’t really a slump that I am going through now, I have typically always had that 3 o’clock one and it only lasted for about an hour or so. This hits me about 4 o’clock in the afternoon and honestly I can’t get myself together for the rest of the day, the other day I fell asleep at the supper table at 6 o’clock!

@Cornanda I ’m sure your lizard brain totally enjoyed the weekend :-) :-)! Kids… what can I say? I have found that the older mine get the more solid they get for sure! They will always own our hearts and take us on those wild roller coaster rides with them.

@TeresaW1020 I will definitely check out that turkey link, thanks! What I am experiencing now isn’t the same as what used to be my regular 3 o’clock slump, this is very different it lasts the rest of the day.
    It sounds like you and your mom get in trouble together LOL
    It was a much better day today. I decided to skip out on the gym this morning, I just have not had an appetite so haven’t been able to eat enough nutrition to sustain a proper work out. Instead I went to Costco and Safeway and have a fridge full of food for the week! I went to agility with Vannie today, this is the first time she has had kibble in two weeks, so I saved it for her training. She was so excited about her kibble she nearly lost her mind in training🤣🤣. So I did get some exercise and and felt good about that. All in all it was a good day!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Hi MS.... You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @Babyvirgo21 :)
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    I've been really struggling the last 2 weeks. Everything has gone to pot. But we are about to start a new month so I'm starting a new

@broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 64.9kg
    CW: 65.90
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I show love with food as well. It's a bad habit. I'm sorry about the confusing emotions from the kids. I hope it gets better soon. Thanks, it's hard...I just kind of go into a primitive survival mode that tells me to eat.

@leonadixon Congrats on the loss. I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better now.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. <3

@laurelfit57 Oh that stinks about the post. Thanks, yeah it is very hard. Yesterday, I felt like there was an elephant sitting on my chest. It was very hard to breathe. I kept taking deep breaths but it only temporarily helped for a few seconds. Wow that's weird about the 4 o'clock thing.

@krea4 I always love the beginning of the month when everything is new. Good luck in December.

Hi all. My anxiety was quite high yesterday and as I mentioned to Cornanda above, I just kind of went into a primitive survival mode. Unfortunately what that looked like yesterday was eating anything that wasn't nailed down. But I did make some good decisions along with my bad decisions: when I stopped by the grocery store to get new groceries, I got a few healthy things along with the junk. I picked up an egg white quiche, some salads and some stuff for sandwiches.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Babyvirgo21
    Babyvirgo21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone Im new here. My name is Michelle I am 28 y/o. I am starting at 280, hoping to get to 170. I will be weighing in on Wednesday. I am hoping this group will help me stay accountable. I started Fit Body Bootcamp yesterday and let me tell yall.... I am in pain haha I could barley walk up the stairs to my office this morning.

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement about my kiddos. It's good to be reminded that things will get better as they get older- renews my hope. They left yesterday- two weeks left of this semester.

@leonadixon - stomach flu right before Thanksgiving? Yuck.

@TeresaW1020 - Those darn M and Ms! I hope you slept better last night.

@laurelfit57 - Glad Vannie got some exercise and some kibble. And glad to see you checking in more- it's always great to hear from you!

@krea4 - Starting new is great. Go you!

@trooworld - how are you doing today? A therapist gave me this suggestion: When you are anxious- ask yourself- "what can I do about this RIGHT NOW?" Generally the answer is "not a dang thing". When I remember to do it, it really helps me push those recurrent thoughts away.

@Babyvirgo21 - Welcome! Glad to have you here. This group has been a huge help to me on my weight loss journey. I hope you will find it useful as well.

This morning I did a live workout with my current favorite: https://www.cdornerfitness.com/ This helped me get going earlier because I had to do it at a certain time. My eating has been good today. Lizard brain is still talking to me, but mostly back in the cage. I'm not quite done, but I decided to plan out all the meals I will make while the kids are home. This means planning through 1/9/22. Hopefully that will help me keep things reasonable while they are here. In 10 days we leave to visit family in WI. I'm going to make those 10 days count by eating well and exercising. The Thanksgiving weight needs to be gone before I leave. Perhaps you remember the boatload of treats my MIL had when we visited last time? It was pretty bad. I stayed strong then and I can do it again.

Lisa

• Babyvirgo21
    Babyvirgo21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How do you guys stop thinking about eating?? I got to work this morning and had jello (i was running late) and all i can think about is my lunch.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @krea4 it is always great to start a new month with a fresh slate, you’ve got this!

@trooworld I totally relate to you and stress eating! But seriously good job on making the healthy choices at the grocery store!! I really hope things settle quickly for you♥️
    @babvirgo21 this is a great and supportive group, I find that checking in on a regular basis really is so important, even though sometimes I’m not great at it:/. For me and not thinking about eating, is all about routine. As long as I am on the schedule, I am not thinking about food, it’s when I go off the rails that it gets bad
    @Cornanda my daughter, who now has two kids of her own, now apologizes to me on a regular basis LOL! Kudos to you for the meal planning with kids around, I was never good at that! Sounds like you are seriously back in control :-)

Well, I think I found the culprit for Vannie‘s issues!! It’s her dog food, I only gave her a quarter cup of that yesterday and she ended up with the runs again. At least I know the problem now, I consider this a very positive thing!
    I am making up a big stew, to go out to my brother and sister-in-law‘s farm, I will have to watch myself… My sister-in-law is making homemade buns to go along with😉. I think I have everything accounted for so I should be OK
This discussion has been closed.