Introductions!

Options
2»

Replies

• once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi, I am Masoumeh, 34, from Netherlands, I have to lose weight(15kg) but my only goal at the moment is to learn to be committed to daily excercise and healthy eating, as I am a serial quiter.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,068 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone — my name is Julie, I live in Canada on the cold, cold prairies 🥶❄️❄️❄️, and December will be my fifth month on UAC. This challenge has motivated me to show up for myself every day, and as a result, build some really good habits. I have had so much support and encouragement here and am grateful to everyone.

I am down 35 pounds as of my last monthly weigh in. Lots of journey left for me, but I feel now that I have a good starting foundation. More importantly, I better understand how and why to pre-track food, especially to support my effort to keep fibre and protein grams high (and that struggle, for me, is real 😳). Exercise can be a struggle at times for me in the colder months. My preference would be to be walking outdoors, swimming, or water jogging. I think I live in the wrong climate 🤔

My biggest personal learning in the past few months is around probing my brain to determine whether I am hungry, thirsty, bored, lonely, or something else? Because if it isn’t hunger, food isn’t the answer. 💡

Looking forward to December with you all.

Julie