Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
l6sk7iiulen3.png

Here is your Team chat room for December 2021. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 and @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 and open

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well I can start. My name is Tammy and I am 53. I am a mother of 2 grown boys and have 2 grandchildren who make my world complete. I am a health care worker and touch wood have been able to avoid all this Covid going around.

I have fought with my weight all of my adult life and then thought hey I have to love myself no matter my weight so at that point I gave up trying. My mom died almost a year ago now and she was only 66. It was a needless death as she chose to not tell us she was a diabetic and she stuck her head in the sand and did nothing. We found out after her passing as well as her secret abuse of Tylenol. She took so much of it over time that she damaged her liver and it began to shut down. She went into the hospital for a minor pain and two weeks later she died. Everything had shut down. With Covid we couldn’t even go see her till the day she died and then only one of her 4 kids could go. Well me being the oldest the rest thought it should be me and that was the day I grit very angry at her and myself. I’m on a cholesterol pill and obese so I decided that day to change my life. I refuse to be like my mom and ignore my health. I want off my pill and I don’t want diabetes. It has been hard and some days it seems impossible. I’ve only lost 27 pounds in 6 months. But being on here is a great support. I’m glad to be part of this team.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 64 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids all out in their own, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily steps and two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I have been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever! I have about 9 pounds to lose, to get to goal weight. I am not sure if I will settle at 130 or 135, I will know when I get there.:).
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @Teresaw1020 that sounds like a super fun challenge!! I can’t even imagine sitting out on the lawn right now!! Last few days here have been crazy, we don’t usually have rain at this time of year but it has been raining for the last three days, our streets are like skating rinks! I’m going to post a video :-). Congrats on the loss, especially in the month of December!

@Babyvirgo21 I think it is a great idea to have a healthy balance when eating low-carb. We went out to an Italian restaurant last night for supper, I have been doing low-carb since this summer and I had a hard time convincing myself it was OK to have the pasta! I do believe life is about balance :-).

@katmary71 I am on hormone replacement therapy, so once a year my doctor does a complete bloodwork, I have so many vials taken I feel like they are draining me LOL, all of my levels have always been good, but I do take supplements and vitamin B is one of them.
    Wow! Good for you losing 20 pounds since August, with all that stress going on!

@trooworld sorry about the gain, I’m sure next week it will come off as quickly as it went on! So glad your family member is starting to feel better!! Going to a coffee house to make art sounds like so much fun!

@tammymccrady6278 I think one of the hardest things to do is to learn to take care of ourselves, good for you and for making that commitment! I did not know the story of your journey with your mom, I certainly understand your anger, losing your mom so young, so needlessly. You should be so proud of yourself for taking control and being proactive in your own life! I think 27 pounds lost since August is huge!! That is 27 pounds you will never see you again. Your goals are firm and so realistic for a healthy long life.

@cornanda it is surprising to me how many people have dogs with digestive issues! I had no idea until now, glad yours is all sorted out :-) :-). Congrats on the loss!

Once again the week has been crazy, we have had freezing rain here for the last few days, so going anywhere takes forever!
    Went out for a girls night last night with my mom, daughter and sons fiancé. We went to a lovely Italian restaurant and then to see a Christmas Carol live. It was so much fun, but I have been staying away from carbs for so long, I had a hard time convincing myself that eating pasta was OK, even though I planned for it and exercise my butt off yesterday LOL! I haven’t been to my goal weight for so many years, I have always been dieting or thinking of dieting for so long, it is going to be weird to be in maintenance. I am trying to think about this whole journey this time as a healthier way of eating rather than being on a diet. I have been able to get in a few spin classes, I am really enjoying them!! Vannie is doing well now on kibble that we get from the vet, that is the craziest thing but it was the kibble causing it! I am going out to a campground with my grandkids kids today, they will have sleigh rides, train rides, Christmas lights, hot chocolate, bonfires etc., so should be lots of fun! It is going to be freezing though -18°C, so about 0°F. We are going to bundle up really warm and do lots of hugging LOL.
    I’m going to post I have video of our roads that was on the news this morning. The main roads they have salted and sanded them, but all of our residential streets are insane! Have a great Saturday everybody
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    Never mind the video, apparently I can’t share a video on here LOL. It just showed that people are actually ice-skating on our streets!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    The December - Week 1 - Scrabble Challenge is posted. Here's the link. Please take part and enjoy!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850345/december-week-1-challenge-scrabble#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 270
    C. W. 261
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am so glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have two wonderful motivators, @trooworld and @Katmary71, who help keep our team supported and chatty!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:

1)Weekly Weigh-In
    PLEASE read the opening post so that you know the format to use when recording your weekly weight. Our team captain, @broncobuddee will be putting your weight into the spreadsheet so please tag him if you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions. Also please feel free to post your all-time losses as well and that way we can celebrate with you when you hit a big milestone.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

3) Habit Tracker & Challenges
    For added help in your health journey make sure to take advantage of our monthly Habit Tracker and weekly/monthly challenges that you will find on our Home Page. Tracking our habits and doing the challenges will keep you mindful of your choices and help keep you motivated.

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I’m 55, live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I am the ministry assistant for my small church and a volunteer teacher in our children’s ministry.

I’ve been striving for a healthy weight for most of my life and getting closer every day, but the struggle is real and ongoing. My primary diet is low carb and I’m involved in something called Data-Driven Fasting that is run by Marty Kendall of Optimising Nutrition. You can Google if interested and please feel free to ask me.
    I also enjoy working out and doing Beachbody on Demand programs and I walk on my treadmill. For fun, I love to do jigsaw puzzles, listen to music, watch TV, and play with my dog.
    As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    INTRODUCTION: Hi all. I'm one of your team motivators along with @Katmary71. I am 53 and live in Southern California with my husband. No kids or pets (at least no pets for now), just us. I only became overweight in my late 20s due to a combination of getting on medications for my depression that caused weight gain as well as making poor eating choices. I've done several diets but the one that I have the most success on is WW (formerly Weight Watchers). I'm back on that and I track my food through the WW app. I seem to be caught in the snares of food addiction and am constantly struggling to lose. I will get there, I am capable, I know it. I just have to make better decisions one day at a time. I enjoy making art, photography, crafts, reading, hiking, and cooking. I have a LOT of recipes saved (now the count is 6,467 recipes!) so if you are looking for a recipe, let me know. I'm happy to share them.

@RYcare @Tammymccrady6278 @Firefly743 @19shmoo69 Congrats on the losses!

@Tammymccrady6278 I'm very sorry about your mom, that is very tragic. It's also a reminder of how precious our health is and how important our WLJ is. "I've only lost 27 pounds in 6 months"...it's really a marathon, not a sprint, I'm sure you've heard that before. That's a great loss, that's over a pound a week, well done!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Yes, going to the coffee house to do art was fun. It's even better when I go with a friend or my husband but nobody was available so I went myself. :) Your girls night sounds like a blast! I'm glad to hear Vannie is doing better, I was going to ask about her. Have fun at the campground, that also sounds fun. Wow, ice skating on the streets is crazy! Be safe!

Hi all. I had a nice quiet day yesterday. I did some errands and then made art at the coffee house. Today will be similar. I made turkey chili and cornbread for dinner last night. It was good. I'm looking forward to Taco Salad for dinner. Have a great Sunday!

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 144
    CW. 144
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    finale-red-rubber-stamp-over-white-background-86701547.jpg

November's challenge is now over! Click on the links below to see the results from the final week and the month overall!

Here's a sneak peak of how your team did...
    November Week Five
    ect25ielamjv.png

November Grand Finale
    ihvguqgd67dp.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Way to go on staying strong and eating healthy, that's awesome!

@tammymccrady6278 I'm so sorry about your Mom.

@laurelfit57 Your girl's night sounds fun! I know what you mean about all the vials of blood, it gets pretty ridiculous. It must be snowing there, I feel for you, I know some people like snow but I'm not one of them.

@trooworld Your food always sounds amazing!

Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm 50 from California. I have two cats and have an ex-boyfriend with two cats moving out soon, I'm definitely ready for the house to be all mine again! I'm a team motivator with the awesome @trooworld. I have a lot of different health issues but the worst is chronic nerve issues in most my body. I'm fighting to stay as mobile as possible and be in as little pain as I can and keep my health issues under control. I was at goal two years ago and went up with steroids but I'm now getting back to where I want to be, not as low as before but what's healthy for me. Surprisingly I missed having curves when I was at goal! There has to be some balance to keep your curves, not look gaunt in the face, and not have a shriveled chest, right?! I do chair cardio, weights, and stretching plus squats most days.
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Hi Team! Sorry, I didn’t post yesterday but I was busy with the ladies Bible study party most of the day and when I was finished, I crashed on the sofa and stayed there. I’m still really tired today and decided to skip my workout since I have no energy and a bunch of computer work for the church to get done. Tomorrow my husband has his lung biopsy. I have to drop him off at 8 am and then keep myself busy so I don’t worry too much until I pick him back up. Prayers are appreciated. My eating has been awful the last couple of days. Just too much sugar and carbs. I plan to get back on track tomorrow with my eating and workouts.
    2021 Word: TRANSFORMATION
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cherrymajoni
    Friday
    PW 246.0lbs
    CW246.0lbs

Sorry it's late kept forgetting to log out in.

Didn't make it to gym this week. But will try this week coming
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 134 lbs
    CW: 133 lbs
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @19shmoo69 WHOA - congrats on the loss!!

@TeresaW1020 your day sounds super busy but fun! I totally get those times of not getting off the couch once you are there :). I will definitely be thinking of you and your husband tomorrow!!

@Katmary71 I totally get what you are saying about your curves. I don’t strive to he thin, I’ve always had curves and don’t mind them at all :-). I’ve told my family that if they see my face ever starting to look gaunt or wrinkly because of weight loss, let me know (I know we don’t always see ourselves as we are).

@trooworld both your day and your food sounds heavenly! I love Sundays that are spent doing things just for pleasure!

I was quite disappointed when I stayed the same in weight this morning, but I had to examine some NSV‘s that I have noticed especially this last month. I sleep at night without my hips and thighs aching; when I am playing with my grandkids, it is actually easy for me to get up off the ground now after being down on the floor with them; I can actually wear a little bit of a heel now without my feet killing me. And now I am going to reveal my dirty little secret🤨. Over the last five or six years, at the end of the winter I would always see the cutest winter coats on sale for super, super cheap. They were always way too small for me, but I always thought… I’m sure I will fit into those next year! Over the years I have collected six winter coats and and two pairs of snow pants… well… Next year finally arrived! I am able to fit into all of them!! Now it is almost embarrassing to have all these winter coats LOL LOL!
    I can tell you I was very glad I have one of my winter coats yesterday it was super warm and we needed it out at the winter wonder forest! This is a picture of me at the festival two little grand kiddos
    bi5qgjgv0acn.jpeg
    pomudftbu25u.jpeg
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I’m Gabi from VA (almost) 50yo, with a full time desk job and 15lb to goal. In the last 2y I mostly maintained with small descending or ascending inserts.
    I’m starting every day planning and plotting and by mid afternoon my sails are floppy. I may have blamed the pre-menopause elves are times 😁.
    Enough with that, have a good December y’all !
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @Vegan4lyfe2012 @TeresaW1020 @RYcare @Cornanda @Firefly743 @laurelfit57 @lose4me71 Well done! Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@lose4me71 Congrats on reaching the 200s! Way to go!

@laurelfit57 30 lbs down, woo hoo!!!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I agree, curves are good!

@TeresaW1020 Hugs to you, friend!

@bgame4 Great loss!

@laurelfit57 Thanks! Yeah, I had a really nice, relaxing day yesterday. What great NSVs! Congratulations. And LOL about the winter coats! You guys look freezing! Yay for having coats that fit.

Hi all. I had such a relaxing day yesterday, it's a shame I have to go back to work today lol. I spent the day doing the things that I love: I was crafting making magnets for my coworkers, I took a nap, and I went to a coffee house and did artwork. I needed some downtime after such a stressful week. Oh, and I tracked yesterday for the first time all week. I'm digging myself out of the hole.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!
    Darren is my name. I'm a Christian. I am an old guy that has been battling weight most of my life. I like chatting but my typed words can be perceived as rude. Therefore I will stay quiet. I used to run quite a bit but now I go to the gym.
    Have a blessed day!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa and I live in FL with my husband. I'm 53. We have two adult-ish children who are away at college most of the time. Have a little bitty poodle mix pup. I've struggled with weight since college. Lost it. Gained it. Lost it again. This group is a tremendous blessing to me..... the support here has really helped me rethink habits I've struggled with.

@GabiV125 - nice job with the work lunch!

@tammymccrady6278 - That's so sad about your Mom. I'm glad that it motivated you to avoid that path. I've been in this group for almost 2 years and I've only lost 20 pounds. I'm totally cool with it though. Of course I wish it was coming off faster, but this is working and it's manageable, so I'm good with it.

@laurelfit57 - I'm glad Vannie is on the mend. Your activities sound super fun! Cold is a great excuse for hugging! As a former resident of Wisconsin, I can say that while I've never seen anyone ice skate on the street, I do understand that kind of cold. Hooray for your coat collection fitting! And I love your NSVs!

@TeresaW1020 - thanks for being such an awesome captain! I'm praying about the biopsy and the scan.

@trooworld - what kind of art did you make? Oh wait, you just said that. I'm glad you are doing self care this weekend after your crazy week. You earned it. And good for you digging out of the hole.

@19shmoo69- I enjoy it when you chime in.

I had a very reasonable weekend- food and exercise wise. I'm trying to be extra good because we are leaving on Thurs for a trip to visit our WI family. Our parents are aging and we are trying to visit as much as we can. On this trip, the kids will be able to join us.

When we went up last time, my MIL had LOTS of treats! I don't remember it all, but there were a dozen cupcakes, 2 dozen cookies, a bag of candy corn and an angel food cake. All for me, husband and her on a 3 day visit! We reminded her last week to go easy on treats and she said "oh there wasn't that much and you know you'd miss them if I didn't have them" At least I'm prepared- I will try not to eat much of it. She can enjoy it after we leave. (PS: My MIL is awesome and I love her like my own mother) Probably won't be able to exercise much this time due to weather.

My little doggo was in obvious pain this morning, so a trip to the vet was in order. He has a slipped disk in his back. She thinks he will be OK with medication and rest. (he's 12). I hope she's right.

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    Options
    @laurelfit57 NSV’s are so very important to keep in mind and not just what the number on the scale has to say. I hear you about the coats. I’ve had coats and other clothes that have hung in my closet for years that I was always thinking I would get into. This year I can finally wear the two leather coats that my hubby bought for me over 10 years ago. Your grandkids are cute!! :)

@trooworld I’m glad that you were able to have a nice, relaxing day. Good for you for getting back to tracking. I’m working on getting myself out of my own hole. :/

@19shmoo69 You are NOT rude! Post all you want. :)

@Cornanda Awe thank you, my friend! <3 I’m glad that you had a good trip. Your MIL sounds like my mom. Sooooo much sugar that she keeps buying and then says that she doesn’t want any of it. Ugghhh!! :s

Hi Team! My husband’s biopsy went fine. We won’t have the results until his appointment on Monday. Sooo much waiting! In the meantime, I went grocery shopping and wrapped some presents. My church does an “Angel Tree” for our local elementary school and this year I got a 6-year-old girl to buy for. We set a limit to spend on each kid, but I may have gone over a bit. :grin: I’m trying to get back on track with my eating. Our staff Christmas party is on Friday and I’m telling myself that I can abstain from all junk until then. I’m also super happy that it’s not at my house this year! :grin:
This discussion has been closed.