December 6

Options

Replies

• enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,529 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Excercise: yes. 30 minutes of walking the airport terminal plus stair repeats

Calories: yes. Knew we were not going to eat much since we were in crowded locations indoors almost all day long

Tracking: yes

Getting to the east coast is an all day trek and we’re still at it waiting for the train from Philly to Lancaster. I was super surprised that my Apple Watch showed all rings closed considering I was trapped in a middle seat for 5 hours. All in all, not too bad a day.
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    December 6
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a Fabulous50's youtube video and steps
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    I printed the 100 things you can do so I can reference them when I think I need to eat. I even noticed today when I was eating my afternoon snack of vegetables how fast I was eating. I slowed down and actually chewed my food.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Yes times 3
  • avvuong
    avvuong Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    December 6 Pass Day One

I had such a busy day at work with month-end accounting, that I completely forgot about the 20 min of exercise. I can't believe it! I'll have to figure out how I can set reminders for myself. Otherwise I was under calories and tracked.
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - Skiing; Hike
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,069 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Monday December 6

👍🏻 Tracking
    👍🏻 Calories
    👍🏻 Exercise - used BitGym on my iPad while on the treadmill. Lovely walk through Santorini and used the incline function of my machine while climbing all those stairs. Then opened a YouTube channel on the big flat screen and walked another 40 minutes through Maui. Really brightened my spirits — it is so incredibly cold here right now. Walking outdoors in this is not advised for humans or dogs.

0/0 pass days to date.

Julie
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅

20 min of yoga. Leg feels better and it’s taking every ounce of willpower I have to play it cool and not test it with a run tomorrow. Sigh. I am not good at playing it cool.

I do wonder how my emotional eating habits would be different if I wasn’t raised in a family where you show people you love them by feeding them. It’s very, very, very hard to separate from that. I’m trying, but man am I hard wired to think food = love. So are my mom and aunts, who I spend lots of time with and who I don’t want to hurt by refusing elaborate things theyve made me. It’s a work in progress ☹️.

I forgot to move the stupid flipping elf last night, which resulted in me saving my work number as Santa this morning and calling myself pretending to ask why the elf didn’t move. Turns out it’s becuase my kid didn’t fall asleep until after 11 last night and the elf cut off is 11. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Who knew? (I remembered to move it tonight!)

Wow, nice save. I wish the Elf had been around when my kids were young--we would have had a ball with it, but no doubt it would have stressed me out! It is on my list of things I will buy if I ever have grandchildren!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Dec 6

Exercise: o:) A good 35+ minute start with a new character reboot start on my exergame (just finished with DazeOf and ColdRain and am now starting to have Holly and Daze "walk the Island from end to end to end". 8300+ steps on the day and not quite bedtime yet
    Logged: o:) All
    In Range: o:) Earned 177 fitbit activity credits; left 163 of them "in the pot"

Back in the second half of November - someone gave us a Topic Starter about Mindsets, and the book by Carol S. Dweck (with a link to her website and a basic quiz)

I requested the e-book from my library, and it finally showed up late last week.

I decided that, in order to strengthen my own growth-state frame of responses (which aren't as strong in as many areas as I would LIKE to CLAIM them to be ....), I am adding an extra Report Item as of today.

A 30-day "3 doodles-a-day" self-challenge to break through my fear of active-creativity / "not drawing it correctly". Doodles, by definition, are imprecise. They aren't SUPPOSED to look photo-realistic!
    The day-by-day follow-along episodes are on YouTube, by Petite Planner. No more than 5 or 10 minutes total, each day.
    I have to have it done by ~4:00, because I told my mom today that she is allowed to ask me (during each Daily Phone Call) "So, what was the three-doodle Theme of the Day today?" Topics will be kept in a spoiler.

There. I've said it. Here. Now I HAVE to do it. This is an "Accountability Challenge" site ....

WK1 (mon=>sun) B)
    Day-by-day Doodle themes:
    • WK1 - M electronics (cell phone / earbuds / laptop); T
    • WK2 - M
    • WK3 - M
    • WK4 - M
    • Days 29 & 30 -

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    12/6/2021
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Yes for 3.
    0/3 pass days

Constructive, destruction is a way both me and hubby deals with stress/ emotional stuff. Pulling up carpets, burning documents, shredding documents, pulling weeds, and if all else fails throwing knives and axes in the back yard helps too.
    Reorganizing also is a constructive distraction. I have to stay busy.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Mama530

Exercise: yes, yoga
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: yes
  • BMcC9
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The emotional eating topic is very important. So is "mindless munching" The root reason for the first bite or two may differ, but the behavior-response is the same, and the potential physical and after-the-fact mental consequences are much the same.

For mindless munching (more for boredom-response, or because "nibbling and evening tv have just always gone together" type behavior .... maybe try to keep your hands busy in a way where getting crumbs on your lap or grease on your hands is contra-indicated. ANY kind of hand-work (knitting, crochet, mending, folding laundry, working your way through rough-sorting which of your drawer-full of pens do and don't work etc.) Or as Maddy suggested, stay on the floor that the kitchen/pantry ISN'T on.

As others have mentioned already - when you add a heavy "emotional (mis)coping" layer on top, there is both the behavior to deal with (finding other ways to manage the response-to-emotion) AND the actual cause of the emotion in the first place. Which is very individual and potentially deep rooted.

The List of 101 alternates to eating would be as good a place as any to start trying some "alternate-response-to-emotion" behaviors ... directly dealing with route causes will be tougher and very individualized.
  • Healthymumlife
    Healthymumlife Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Monday 6 December

Exercise: walking and weights
    Tracked ✅
    Calories ❌
    3/3 pass days used
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise? Yes, 35 minutes on the Peloton.
    Did I track everything? Yes
    Did I stay under budget? Yes

I actually ended up having to fight the emotional hunger bear a bit more than my new usual today.

Before I started on here, my entire life felt like it was based around eating for emotional reasons - both good and bad. So while I'm very straightforward with myself now, that's only after a huge mindset shift.

Today was actually a mostly good day - but the cold really hit me and I missed my lunchtime walk and it just spawned this desire to eat for comfort for most of the day.

I also had less to eat today than normal because I moved less, so I had to just sit with my thoughts of wanting to eat all the food. These days my likelihood to go over my calories usually only comes from social pressure than my own pressure, so as long as I'm home and in my own environment (like I was today), I can make it through.

Pass days used - 1/3 (Dec 3)
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Monday 6 December

Exercise: walking and weights
    Tracked ✅
    Calories ❌
    3/3 pass days used

But you are showing up and reporting! That is the Choice of CHAMPIONS (as you work towards discovering your own personal Best Strategies)