LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Full Body Warmup 10 min
    • EPIC II / Day 2 - Compound leg workout (+ cool down) 58 min
    Pass Days: 0/0

Ms Girvan had a new (to me) 10 min full body warmup routine that I tried out today but I'll stick to the 5 min one. I thought it was overkill. This particular leg workout was tough in spite of my usual modifications (calf raises instead of lunges primarily). I haven't done any lower body work outside of walking/treadmill for a couple of weeks. I'm glad to be back on this program.
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    12/6

Exercise; 35 min stationary bike, 30 min elliptical, 50 min weight training, 55 min stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days used: 0
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    To handle emotional eating:
    -Put on your walking shoes and get outside. Let the fresh air clear your mind.
    -Remind yourself that food won't solve the problem. Be factual with yourself - your eating has boundaries and if you want to soothe yourself you can do so with a small treat that fits within your existing calorie budget.
    -Talk to a supportive friend.
    -Focus on your 'why'.

Well said!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅

20 min of yoga. Leg feels better and it’s taking every ounce of willpower I have to play it cool and not test it with a run tomorrow. Sigh. I am not good at playing it cool.

I do wonder how my emotional eating habits would be different if I wasn’t raised in a family where you show people you love them by feeding them. It’s very, very, very hard to separate from that. I’m trying, but man am I hard wired to think food = love. So are my mom and aunts, who I spend lots of time with and who I don’t want to hurt by refusing elaborate things theyve made me. It’s a work in progress ☹️.

I forgot to move the stupid flipping elf last night, which resulted in me saving my work number as Santa this morning and calling myself pretending to ask why the elf didn’t move. Turns out it’s becuase my kid didn’t fall asleep until after 11 last night and the elf cut off is 11. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Who knew? (I remembered to move it tonight!)

Ohhh i totally know wat u mean. feeding ppl has also been instilled in me too and very much a part of our culture, so much so that I find myself offering random kids at the park snacks lol!! I feel bad feeding my child around them! Lol!!! So I always offer the parents sum to give to their child. I'm trying hard to stop this as I find it does more harm than good as I find it makes the parent uncomfortable. Lol!!!
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    3 Yesses today
    1 Pass Day used so far
    Exercise was a 4 mile run 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

When the emotion hits and it makes you want to eat:

Turn up the music and dance.
    Shadow box to get out the anger and frustration.
    Scream into a pillow.
    If you feel you must eat for the calming effect try something like an apple. Sometimes it's the act of chewing and swallowing, chewing and swallowing that brings us relief from the emotion. So if you can choose an apple (or two) over a cookie it would be a much better choice!

Great strategies..
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Dec 6
    I didn't have time to read everyone's insights on this - will circle back later.
    Back to my 1200 + exercise calories plan. I planned out the day well with lots of veggies for bulk. I had a long meeting at lunchtime, so ate my lunch in 2 parts - soup at 10:30am and salad at 2pm, and so no afternoon snack. That actually worked quite well for making me feel satisfied and I may try that again.

Exercise - 45 minutes walk
    Tracking - Planned the day, followed the plan
    Calories - Under
    Pass Days so far: 2

I really don't struggle with emotional eating, and my heart goes out to those of you who do. When I get upset, eating is not on the list of the first dozen things I would try. Off the top of my head, the things I would try in case that helps any of you:
    1. Go in a room by myself and scream and cry and sometimes hit pillows or throw them around.
    2. Take a nap (often it all is better when I wake up). Sometimes the stress has given me a headache and I need to take headache medicine or lay down for the headache and that leads to the nap.
    3. Call a friend or family member and rant
    4. Rant to my wife (usually in the kitchen as we are working on stuff)
    4. Take a walk and talk to myself about it
    5. Take a drive and talk to myself about it
    6. Make a list of all the things I am stressed about (and sometimes then make a plan to deal with, sometimes just let the list sit for a while)
    7. Take a shower and talk to myself about it
    8. Drink some decaf tea
    9. Cling to my daily routines

That's not a dozen, but I think that's all I've got!
  • mmcram
    mmcram Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Exercise - weights walk run 20 minutes
    Under calorie budget (1650)? Yes 1367
    Tracked everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,533 Member
    Options
    My post for 12/6 busy evening with our older Golden we had a vet appointment and he hurt himself getting into the Outback so needless to say getting back in and getting into the house was hard work. Thankfully we have no stairs to go up or down at the back door. I am exhausted as I felt so bad as I put him in the back seat that I slept in the living room with him but this morning we are doing so much better 😊

I did track and log for the day and did strength work getting Winston back to the house hopefully we are on the mend and now we ride in the hatch of the Outback
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options
    ~🎄~ 12 / 6 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🤶🏼~~ Welcome to December ~BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 30,440+.......... 200 walking ........ 30 min. house cleaning....

WALKing is my Stress relief, keeps me from Binging & has helped with my arthritis

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Nice topic @Jana_2020

I will likely make a mess of this response but please bear with me. This past year plus has been an overwhelming emotional roller coaster for me. My own approach is that I have been experimenting with teaching myself cognitive therapy as it relates to my emotions. No one should mimic me since I have no clue what I am doing. My approach is to sit with my emotions and sort out what I am feeling and then go through what I consider to be the ABCs of cognitive therapy until I figure out a more healthy response for that 'particular situation'. New for me is immersing myself in the emotions no matter how uncomfortable. I was really angry a few days ago with my husband and removed myself to sit through what I was feeling and asking myself relevant questions prompted by the CT. Eventually I did a short meditation geared towards anger (Headspace). This has been working more effectively for me as I have not been all that successful in using distractions to deal with emotional eating. Worth noting, I watch my son and daughter-in-law spend a lot of time helping my two year old granddaughter identify her feelings. It makes me wonder how I parented? Did I immediately offer a cookie to a sad child? I don’t remember but it is possible. So I find it reassuring to see this cycle being broken with a new generation.
    It appears my granddaughter and I are on this journey of identifying our emotions together… lol :D

Yes, yes and yes
    Walking and stretching

• Pammy757
    Pammy757 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pammy757 wrote: »
    Monday Dec 6

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ 30 minutes of light housework and couple loads of laundry plus 1 hour of cooking/baking then cleaning the kitchen.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank ✅

Pass days used 2/3

I need to update this. Last night I had a late night snack that put me over on my calories so I guess I didn't stay within my calorie range. I know what went wrong...I was so worn out, my back and hands were hurting and I just caved to the pressure. So guess that's my 3rd pass day :(
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,238 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 1 hour swimming, 30 minutes walking and elliptical machine
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 pass days used ( )

@Jana_2020 For emotional eating, I highly recommend the book by Roger Gould called ¨Shrink Yourself¨ (and his online course based on it that I took, if it is still available-- the course sends you the material from the book in weekly chapters with extra things and ¨homework¨ to do so that you really allow the book to help you make changes instead of just read it.)

• slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,977 Member
    Options
    @znaoiec that is actually what we should all be doing--actually feel and deal with the emotions. But so very hard for us to do! Hard to break that habit of turning to food for comfort and/or escape from those yucky feelings. That is great you are working on it!

I have found the book "The Beck Diet Solution--train your brain to think like a thin person" by Dr. Judith Beck helpful. Her specialty is cognitive therapy. Her book has helped me to do a better job stopping and thinking first before grabbing the box of cereal when I'm upset.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes spin class
    Tracking/calories yes and yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    Options
    12/06

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 😈

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Using #1 pass
    2 passes left

~~~~~~~~

December goals

- Miracle Morning daily.

- yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly (Strength training WILL happen this month)

- TRY having ZERO pass days

- No LNS daily, ONLY fruits

- Daily journaling
    These are my morning meditation sessions, Pete and Parker enjoy meditation too, lol
    wee443vve4ks.jpeg
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @Jana_2020 good topic and great idea with the bike stand!

✅ exercise - body conditioning class
    ✅ calories - ate at maintenance; did t make very good choices though 😳
    ✅ tracking
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bikes (on stands) in offices .... one of the senior managers in my Division has one in her home office. If she is in the kind of Zoom-style meeting where she mostly listens with her mike muted ('cause at her level some of them include committees and working groups with large numbers of members) she will turn her camera off after the meeting gets rolling, and bike while she listens. (with smaller groups and team-meeting type events she stays "present on camera" for the whole things, unmuting as called upon)

I have done the same kind of thing during All-Branch and All-Department type meetings, where no active participation from most staff members would be required. My camera is off and I either walk in place or have brought up my mini-trampoline to bounce-jog in place on.