ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 1
    Pw 185
    Cw 185.3
  • ljdanny
    Went and saw the nutritionist yesterday, she wants me to make a few changes to the things I'm doing. Definitely get back to logging my food daily. I just ordered overnight oats. I saw an ad on fb. Probably won't like them but I'm going to give them a try. I feel like it's been such a long a week, I'm off tomorrow to finish up my shopping.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    @ljdanny keep us posted on the oats... I'm curious :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Last night I started a new workout program on the Peloton site. It's called Get Hooked, and it's a boxing workout program. I did the 20-minute Boxing Basics last night, nothing too crazy, and I enjoyed it. I love having the workout schedule and a sense of accountability, because the site tracks my workouts and won't unlock the next workout until I finish the one before it on the schedule.

Happy Friday!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Username: Bumpbreakcar

Weigh In Day: Thursday

PW (Previous Weight): 143.5

CW (Current Weight): 142.4

Great weigh-in and loss!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Went and saw the nutritionist yesterday, she wants me to make a few changes to the things I'm doing. Definitely get back to logging my food daily. I just ordered overnight oats. I saw an ad on fb. Probably won't like them but I'm going to give them a try. I feel like it's been such a long a week, I'm off tomorrow to finish up my shopping.

Ordered? I just dump them in a mason jar in the fridge overnight. They're easy. Mine usually include flax seed meal (which I should eat more of) and chia seed (which gives a bit of texture/crunch and thickens...). Lots of recipes are available & easily modified.
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursdays
    Pw: 159.2
    CW: 159.8
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Weigh in Friday
    Pw:140
    Cw:139.2 lbs
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Timibotkin
    Saturdays
    PW 313
    CW 311.2

It’s back in the right direction, but I was honestly expecting more. I’ve closed all my rings 7 days straight now…exercising at least 30 minutes minimum a day, usually almost double that and my food has been much better than usual. I go back to work this week so I hope I can maintain the exercising.

@ljdanny I used to do overnight oats a lot and it seemed to help with my weight even though I didn’t like them very much. I just can’t stand the consistency, anyways I’ve tried mixing it up with different flavors, I’ve added pb powder and a chocolate protein, my usual was vanilla protein powder a ton of cinnamon and fresh blueberries. I saw someone adding a spoonful of sugar free instant pudding to their mix, haven’t tried that yet but I want to. I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk to mix in them as well.
  • ljdanny
    @melaniedscott and @timibotkin I have never made overnight oats before. I saw them on an ad on fb that they just come in packages so I thought I would order a few different flavors to try it. I never really liked oatmeal so I'm not sure how this will go. I am sure there is a cheaper, at home way for me to do this but I thought I would give it a try.
  • FaithIt365
    FaithIt365 Posts: 356 Member
    Username: FaithIt365
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 364.2
    CW: 364

I took a fall last Friday and ended up with 4 stitches in my knee, a pair of crutches, and bedrest for 3 days. I'm still on the mend but having to sit around has stalled my plans a bit.

• MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Timibotkin

It’s back in the right direction, but I was honestly expecting more. I’ve closed all my rings 7 days straight now…exercising at least 30 minutes minimum a day, usually almost double that and my food has been much better than usual. I go back to work this week so I hope I can maintain the exercising.

It usually takes 2-3 weeks for my body to react to any changes in eating and/or exercise. Maybe this is true for you as well. I know it's hard to continue without seeing greater result of your efforts, but please continue! Maintain what you've been doing!
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    @ljdanny if you find you don’t like the prepackaged kind don’t give up on them just yet. Try the homemade version, probably much cheaper and you can adjust flavors and consistency. I seen a recipe the other day that called for canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, I’ve also seen a carrot cake type recipes with crushed pineapplE, grated carrots and spices. And if you find you don’t like it you can always make oatmeal raisin cookies with any oats that you don’t eat!!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    MayLan
    Weigh in: Saturday
    Pw: 274.6
    Cw: 274.4
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Saturday
    PW:
    CW: 140.4

Steps:
    Saturday: 15844
    Sunday: 16753
    Monday: 12790
    Tuesday: 15261
    Wednesday: 15753
    Thursday: 15290
    Friday: 15914

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,101 Member
    Week 2's Group Challenge has been posted and begins tomorrow (12/12/21). Watch each day for a new picture and activity. Enjoy!

Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10850791/december-week-2-challenge-activity-candy-cane#latest
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    IDebraK
    Start Weight: 159
    PW: 129.8
    CW: 131.8

It's not a true gain. Doesn't matter. I'm logging it because that's what the scale said this morning. I have Celiac and get some tummy troubles from time to time. Input and output don't always play nice. SO, next three days are a liquid diet... and prunes. All "systems" should be a "go" after that.

Fitbit wanted to play like my stomach.
    We are just taking whatever information we have at the moment
    Sat 5471
    Sun 10893
    Mon 12945
    Tues 15209
    Wed 9135
    Thurs 4790
    Fri 0
  • melaniedscott
    edited December 2021
    Every day last week I have said I would post a beginning of month introduction. And now it is Sunday again. How did that happen? I'll do an abbreviated...
    I'm Melanie and I'm from Kansas. I’m the other team Co-captain. Truly, Ashley does the heavy lifting.
    I was always was skinny (no, not thin, skinny, all knees and elbows). At 18, I weighed between 110 and 120 at 5"6'. Maybe. When I got married at 24…I weighed maybe 160. But I was a happier person. I've got none of the reasonable reasons for gaining...no kiddos, just the husband. I got out of school (no more climbing those KU hills all the time), started working more sedentary jobs, started eating more, snacking, until about 5 years ago August, when I found myself weighing in about 230 and my six sixteens were too small. I bought a couple pairs of 18 pants from the thrift store and joined MFP.
    I lost ~70 pounds in about a year and was pretty pleased. But I wanted another 20 off...and it didn't move. And things got a bit crazy with my husband's family (we won’t talk about that—it always leads to crazy-pants ranting)...so I decided to maintain for a bit and then come back. What came back was most of the weight. So...now I'm here and working on losing 60 pounds (40 of the 50 I 'found' and the 20 I never lost).
    My special snowflake challenges
    I'm fairly significantly asthmatic (on meds all the time), have terrible allergies and connective tissue issues (not enough collagen, too stretchy, lots of joint slippage). ~18-24 months ago, I acquired some vertigo problems ... it sinus related and many of those problems have now resolved, after switching ENT’s. My (new) ENT says it might be multivector, which I agree with and do not love. I’m off coffee as a result (this is very sad…I LOVE coffee). The point behind saying this is not woe-is-me, it is that a lot of exercise people promote is bad, and sometimes dangerous, for me.
    Mostly, I walk. I'm off yoga and have pilates for now as I've been having a lot of trouble with one shoulder since August. I'm in PT. I can't tell if it is helping. I added some hip flexor exercises, the 100 (pilates, I know, said I was off it...), and some bicycle crunches to my morning PT exercises the past couple weeks.
    My 2021 Goal
    My 2020 goal was Wonderland…but did NOT Happen. I was there about the time my shoulder started being ugly and now I don't know where I am. My weight keeps jumping around and a lot of it is inflammation. I think for now, my goal is just to get in better condition, get my shoulder to stop hurting and convince the vertigo to leave me along.
    Daily goals:
    • Walk at least 30 minutes a day. Lately this has been hard--I've barely left my desk at work in a couple weeks. My project that I finished and then needed more attention is finally done. Now I have to figure out what the next project is. I know I have one. Or more. And then not let it keep me from walking...walking is the point.
    • Get back to doing core exercises every day. (check! with PT, now I just have to keep at it)
      80 oz of water or non-alcoholic sugarless liquid a day, mostly water.
    • Cut down on sugar and junk food (reducing sugar generally helps, I turn into the munch monster when I eat candy...see: cookie monster's blond sister...).
    I want to congratulate all our losers from November and this last week. I am super proud of all of you! 😊 And several of you have maintained, which is terrific, too. Not seeing losses or not seeing the losses you want can be disheartening. Don’t give up! Think of all the things you have accomplished…you can do anything you put your mind to!
    Looking forward to getting to know all the new people (@FaithIt365 Oh no!! Take care of yourself.)!
    And yes, for my intro post this is abbreviated...
  • melaniedscott
    timibotkin wrote: »
    @ljdanny if you find you don’t like the prepackaged kind don’t give up on them just yet. Try the homemade version, probably much cheaper and you can adjust flavors and consistency. I seen a recipe the other day that called for canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, I’ve also seen a carrot cake type recipes with crushed pineapplE, grated carrots and spices. And if you find you don’t like it you can always make oatmeal raisin cookies with any oats that you don’t eat!!!

I'd second this. The MFP recipe blog thingy has some overnight oats recipes, and there are many just on-line--wholefully.com has a Mocha that is pretty good. I think I mentioned earlier chia seeds--these swell up and thicken but stay just a bit crunchy (this sounds weird but is oddly nice) that I ONLY add to the overnight--I make hot oatmeal some mornings, too. A lot of the recipes call for yogurt and flax as well.
    Maybe I'll post some overnight oats recipes in Recipe Central...to offset the crazy chutney/jam recipes I posted earlier in the week...I'm making apple butter now and will make pear butter later today...I've lost my mind. If anyone sees it, please let me know. I said no more but here I am, making more fruit butter. And likely another batch of Cherry Cranberry Chutney. Having lunch with friends on Sat and I'm giving these as gifts (the only reason this behavior is in anyway not insane...though finding canning jars has become what should be an Olympic sport!).
This discussion has been closed.