Protein shake

Options
Has anybody found a great protein shake that’s low calorie and doesn’t cost a fortune? I’m not crazy about Premier, and most powders I’ve bought are just awful. Looking for something to start my metabolism since I rarely eat in the morning and sometimes I can’t even make myself eat granola or fruit or anything.

Replies

• adamtthomas
    adamtthomas Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    How low of calorie are you looking for? I've enjoyed a simple mix of 1% milk, Carnation Breakfast Essentials, and a huge scoop of PB Powder (e.g. PB Fit) for only about 440 Calories. It's high in protein so it keeps me full all morning until lunch.

I've been mixing things up lately but I've lost over 100 lbs. having that for breakfast.
  • TouchAsMarshmellows
    TouchAsMarshmellows Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like premier protein cafe latte— 160 calories, licawas6n7sx.jpg
    k15l8xy947k6.jpg
    My favorite.
  • 7bqhb5hts5
    7bqhb5hts5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shakeology. I’ve tried different ones but I’m trying not to add to my sugar count during the day and I struggle with enough veggies during the day.
  • Vanessadmott
    Vanessadmott Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    310 Nutrition. They're delicious, 90-110 calories so you can add your own stuff like fruits and veggies or yogurt and still be low calorie as a meal replacement. They also have a great community on Facebook and tons of people with success stories.
  • Sparkle1098
    Sparkle1098 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Have you tried all the flavors of Premier Protein. The only one I like is chocolate. I have tired all the other flavors and they were a no go for me. I find the best price is at Costco and they go on sale their as well.
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I make a chocolate peanut butter smoothie with sugar-free peanut butter powder (ordered from Amazon - I buy the big tubs, no super expensive), use unsweetened almond milk, a tsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder, a small frozen banana, and a small portion of silken tofu (you can't taste the tofu with the other ingredients blended in. I also throw in some hemp seeds and chia seeds if I have them. Throw in a few ice cubes and I'm good to go - keeps me full all morning.

I also add the pb powder to oatmeal - it's a good combo that's not super expensive and keeps me going all morning.
  • aprilrewired
    aprilrewired Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favorites are definitely fairlife. They can be hard to find lately. I will typically stick with the vanilla and have a half at a time. I will add different things to jazz them up if I feel like it or just add to my black coffee.