Weight No More Team Chat - DECEMBER 2021

Replies

• rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh
    Weigh in Friday
    Pw 139.2
    Cw: 137.5 lbs
    Merry Christmas!!🎄🎁 I’ll be out of town for it so I need to skip next weeks weigh in .
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    edited December 2021
    So I just realized that when I charge my Fitbit, it won't sync with my phone unless I turn off my phone and turn it back on. When I go to the dashboard on the computer, it shows 0 steps for the days that it didn't sync. I thought I was going to have to log 0 steps since Wednesday. I JUST found that when I re-sync, it WILL load the steps from previous days. How long have I owned this thing and never knew that? Oh well...

IDebraK
    Weigh In: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 159
    Previous Weight: 131.6
    Current Weight: 127.6
    I knew the prunes would do their job!
    Goal Weight: 125

Steps:
    Saturday: 7789
    Sunday: 7005
    Monday: 10810
    Tuesday: 13097
    Wednesday: 11737
    Thursday: 18152
    Friday: 8170

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    Good morning all! I've got a busy day. Haircut coming up, lunch with lady-friends (and maybe a husband or two) for pre-holiday howdies. Haven't seen two of them in several months. They get the fruits of my insane chutney-jam-preserve-fruit butter making.Oh, yeah, made apple and pear butter as well. Yes, crazy. Then I have evil empire errands (Sam's AND Walmart, it's like Darth Vader's flagship day). Then I come home and make enchiladas. My husband will roll his eyes and say but didn't we just get all that stuff out of the fridge (referencing aforementioned goodies). He should just say thank you. And I have to get my shoulder PT and some walking in.

I'm getting closer on track. Maybe the new year will bump up my motivation. Holidays over and all that.

Had a breast biopsy on Monday that came back clear, which is what I expected. Drs always get excited but it isn't ever anything. Boob is still swollen and bruised. I weighed this morning (after breakfast) and it said 220. Well, inflamation in shoulder and biopsy site plus breakfast make me call bs. But it does mean I'm a lot higher than I was four months ago and have been backsliding badly with all the crazy. PT is helping. It isn't fast. But I do see progress. The biopsy on Monday required I lay on the right side with my right arm extended upward. That's the bad shoulder. The shoulder was excruciating. I barely noticed the biopsy. I told them they should put some of that lidocaine in my shoulder but they did not comply. :(

Hope you all have a great weekend & congrats to our fabulous losers!
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Saturday
    PW:
    CW: 139.9

I survived two Christmas parties this week and a pre-Christmas catching up lunch with a friend (who gifted me with a 16 oz jar of homemade eggnog - all gone by now...) and a birthday dinner for another friend. I am surprised to see any loss in these circumstances!

December has been pretty stressful for me so far - and I do not mean typical holiday/end-of-the-year kind of stress.

One source is an on going "possible threat" of a shooting at my son's high school. Ever since the last shooting reported on TV things have gone crazy and I get emails from school/school district on almost every day. Most of it "does not pose a danger to the students on campus" but there's been some arrests and they do investigate every tip. And rumors spread like crazy. It is definitely NOT what you expect from life this time of the year. It makes me want to hide under the blanket and hibernate. I noticed I became more lethargic and after analyzing things, my conclusion was that that constant worry made me move less, walk less, exercise less. I had to make an effort to start working out more again. I hope this will help to release some of the stress.

The other source of stress? Work. Of course.

Anyway, like so many, I tend to seek comfort in sweets but was able not to overdo it this week. I found a recipe for cookies made of garbanzo beans and peanut butter - I made them three times this week but at least they are on the healthier end of the "sweet stuff" spectrum. o:)
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    MayLan
    PW: 246.6
    CW: 248.8
  • IDebraK
    Can we set a goal zone? Nailing my weight to just one number doesn't seem realistic since I don't eat the exact same thing every single day. I've been playing the numbers game, viewing charts, seeing graphs, trying to determine where I really want to be in this journey. Between all of the information I've read and researched, my weight is in a zone of 95 to 127 pounds. That's a BIG zone! 32 pounds? On the averages, it puts me at about 111. I weighed in this morning at that high end, 127.6. I have some room to lose a little more... a little. Under 100 pounds isn't even a thought in my head. 111 Pounds isn't really in my deck of cards either. I'm feeling a little more like 118 as my low and 126 as my high. 8 Pound goal zone? This definitely feels achievable.

Are we considered at goal if we reach our zone?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,029 Member
    edited December 2021
    IDebraK wrote: »
    Can we set a goal zone? Nailing my weight to just one number doesn't seem realistic since I don't eat the exact same thing every single day. I've been playing the numbers game, viewing charts, seeing graphs, trying to determine where I really want to be in this journey. Between all of the information I've read and researched, my weight is in a zone of 95 to 127 pounds. That's a BIG zone! 32 pounds? On the averages, it puts me at about 111. I weighed in this morning at that high end, 127.6. I have some room to lose a little more... a little. Under 100 pounds isn't even a thought in my head. 111 Pounds isn't really in my deck of cards either. I'm feeling a little more like 118 as my low and 126 as my high. 8 Pound goal zone? This definitely feels achievable.

Are we considered at goal if we reach our zone?

This is great news! You're in the zone - everyone who is maintaining should set a zone. Most set it at around a 5 pound spread, but you can set it any way you like. I originally set 120-125, about a year later I revised it to 112-117. I have found that below 112-113 I am just hungry all the time and can't easily push through that. Above 117 I feel terrible and stuffed. I think an 8 pound goal zone is a great place to start. You may change or revise it as time goes by and your body gets used to staying there.

After finishing the tallies this morning, I'll move you into the Goal Zone section of the team. You continue to weigh in every week, but it will not count in the team stats for the week. You will usually just be fluctuating around within your zone. If you go above the top for 2 weeks in a row, you get moved back into the regular team until back into your zone. If you go below for more than a couple of weeks, you get to eat more or revise your zone!

There is a chat thread for all the F2F members who are on maintenance. There is a lot of good info in there, so drop by any time. You stay on your same team as well, as a shining example to those who are still in the losing phase :smiley: and to help you keep on track. It is easy to get complacent and start drifting back up, so sticking with the team helps a lot. Good luck!
  • kaj848
    kaj848 Posts: 73 Member
    Kaj848
    Thursdays
    Pw 159.8
    Cw 159.8

Sorry I’m a few days late
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Timibotkin
    Saturdays
    PW 311.2
    CW 310.2

I keep forgetting to post my weight on Saturdays!!! I came in a little under, The scale though has been on a roller coaster all week from 314.9 to 309.8, so I’m glad I settled in under…
  • IDebraK
    @jugar I'm in my original zone, but decided to set it 2 pounds lower at 126. I've set my actual goal weight to the average of my low at 118 to my high at 126. Can I stay in the group until I get to the 122? It's within 5-1/2 pounds of my current weight.

I'm trying to be prepared for what happens next. I don't know why I'm kinda freaked out about getting to goal, but for some reason, I am.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Steps:

Sunday: 13380
    Monday: 8688
    Tuesday: 11754
    Wednesday: 11172
    Thursday: 15864
    Friday: 17390
    Saturday: 14037
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,211 Member
    IDebraK wrote: »
    @jugar I'm in my original zone, but decided to set it 2 pounds lower at 126. I've set my actual goal weight to the average of my low at 118 to my high at 126. Can I stay in the group until I get to the 122? It's within 5-1/2 pounds of my current weight.

I'm trying to be prepared for what happens next. I don't know why I'm kinda freaked out about getting to goal, but for some reason, I am.

I'll make sure you're in the standard weight loss team until you hit below 126 :smiley:
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    giphy.gif

Our December Week Two Results are in! Click on the link below to check them out!

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

0v7pioqaohuj.png
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Steps
    Sun - 4351
    Mon - 7612
    Tue - 5029
    Wed - 6571
    Thu -5864
    Fri - 4678
    Sat - 4859
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Steps..

Sun- 10,460
    Mon- 13,322
    Tues- 9,783
    Wed- 15,164
    Thurs- 7,650
    Fri- 9,402
    Sat- 5,528
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 572 Member
    Username: CassieGetsFit2013
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 220.2
    CW (Current Weight): 217.8
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    edited December 2021
    Mxlaw90
    Week 3

PW 143.3 lbs
    CW 142.8 lbs
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    user: seltzer_lover
    Weigh-in days: Mondays
    12/13: 266.5
    12/20: 265.6

I'm possibly not going to be available to weigh-in next week - I might need to be excused!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm
    December Week Four

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.4 (December 14th)
    CW (Current Weight): 169.2 (December 21st)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 64.8 lbs

This will be my last official weigh-in for the year, and I suppose it could be worse. My eating habits have not been what they should be, and I've been doing an awful job of recovering properly from my workouts, so there's definitely room for improvement. I'm just hoping I start to move into that headspace, even if it is the holidays.
This discussion has been closed.