December 20

Options

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    Goodness I needed to read your posts today and am glad I popped on here. Thanks @bradcrew @BMcC9 @biketheworld @WhatMeRunning @LazyBlondeChef

I just saw a post by @mshawski and @seilidhe — both of who I was just wondering about. I was glad to see you both. Also thinking of @Jana_2020 and hoping she is keeping well.

I am going to stop closing out my diary too. The messages it gives cause me to spin out some days.

Be kind to yourselves.

Julie
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,092 Member
    Options
    December 20

✅✅✅

Ate ~50 of my exercise calories today in extra protein (yes, I went OVER my protein macro today). All clean eating; just extra hungry. I figure the extra protein saved me from eating chippies which I was craving otherwise.

Exercise was 30 minutes in addition to meeting my step goal. Time to increase that goal again.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Dec 20
    Exercise: o:) more than an hour (between walk-about and exergame); before supper I was already at over 12.000. MUCH more that I have managed for several days.
    Logged: o:) everything
    Within Goal: o:) fitbit gave LOTS of activity credits; leaving at least 2/3s in the pot.

So far fitbit is staying connected. I presume it is logging correctly (not getting insane numbers, sometimes 2 identical fitbit lines in the MFP exercise log, but then I simply delete one and leave the other)

A 30-day "3 doodles-a-day" self-challenge to break through my fear of active-creativity / "not drawing it correctly". Started Dec 6 (15 for 15 so far!)

Half way through! Atta girl! Way to BEEEEEE!

WK1 (mon=>sun) B)B)B)B)B)B)B)
    Wk2 (mon=>sun) B)B)B)B):|B)B) (two days in one on Sat, so stayed all caught up )
    Wk3 (mon=>sun) B)
    Day-by-day Doodle themes:
    • WK1 - M electronics (cell phone / earbuds / laptop);
      T paper-based (banner / paper scrap / coil-spine notepad);
      W sweet treats (doughnut / ice cream cone / cookie);
      Th unicorn (unicorn toy / gem-stone / lollypop) ;
      F around the kitchen (coffee mug / frying pan / stand mixer) ;
      S magic (crescent moon / crystal cluster / potion bottle);
      Sn self-care ( candle / claw-tub / wine glass);
    • WK2 - M mental self-care ( journal / pencil / pen-holder cup ) ;
      T on the desk ( globe / highlighter / washi tape );
      W florals (blossom / vine / leaves );
      Th stationary ( envelope / push-pin / paper clip );
      F home electronics ( tv/ gaming controller / big chair ) [done on Saturday];
      S home decor (potted plant / lamp / wood-grain picture frame );
      Sn fitness activity ( water bottle / barbell / bathroom scale) ;
    • WK3 - M Vegetables (bell pepper / broccoli / carrot ) ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • WK4 - M ;
      T ;
      W ;
      Th ;
      F ;
      S ;
      Sn ;
    • Day 29 & 30 -
      M ;
      T
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Monday 12/20

Exercise: 66 min river trail walk
    Calories: over by 300
    Tracked: every delicious bite
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So many great messages today! Love the tip about not closing diary.

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,030 Member
    Options

Great read, if u guys hvent checked it out may be worth doing so. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    ✅✅✅

Today was good.

Carrying 7 pass days on the month after my landslide the past few days.

Great to hear ur back on the horse. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    ✔️✔️✔️
    1/3 pass days

I have several work out shirts,each with its own motivational message. On bad days I will wear one that says, "I won't quit but I will cuss the whole time." It just reminds me I don't have to like it but I have to do what I need to do.

Ha ha this is very cool! I love it!! Xo
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    • Full body warm up 5 min
    • Day 7 of EPIC II - shoulder/triceps dumbbell workout (+ cool down) 50 min
    Pass Days: 3/3

Todays EPIC was an excellent workout. Our cat is not happy when I do EPIC. She doesn't like the music and hides but sometimes she'll come back out (though not getting too close) and stare at me for a several minutes. I think she is wondering what on earth I'm doing. :D
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Dec 20
    A good day
    Exercise: Stretching and 30 minute walk with a friend
    Tracking: Planned the day
    Calories: Followed the plan

At 10ish pass days.

Thanks for the inspiration.

I also rarely close my diary for the day. Occasionally if I have a really good day and want to inspire myself with what it would be like if every day were like that, or if I have a really bad day and want to scare myself into remembering what could happen if every day were like that. But that's pretty rare - mostly I do not find it useful.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,822 Member
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    I had to follow through on my own inspirational post today, so 3 x Yes.

Exercise: :) I made it to the gym! We have a mask mandate again and it sure amps up the cardio difficulty level!
    Tracking: :)
    Calories: :) Kept it really low again today. I am trying to make it through to Christmas Eve.

5 passes used.

I am so happy to hear that you are back to us. One thing I would caution is that you may be unknowingly setting up for a fail with the very low calories. Unless you are averaging for the week of course. I know that I have a tendency in my life to roller coaster and when I try to stay EXTREMELY low for days at a time, it gets offset when I end up binging. One thing I could suggest is stair step your cals up. If you ate 1k for 2 days. try doing 1100 for 2 days than 1200 for 2 days etc until you hit your maintenance cals. That way you aren't putting those low cal days to waste and you are slowly working back up to where you need to be.