December 24

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    @StayFITTer ahh, thank you so much for this gentle reminder! How appropriate for today, and you are so right about it effecting our health. I'm definitely feeling the stress (yesterday) and today when I wish that I could just sit back and enjoy the holiday and the season instead. I will definitely take a look at your links!! :neutral: My being ill for the first 2 weeks of this month didn't help.... and I feel like I've been playing 'catch-up' ever since I started feeling better. I'm interested to know what others in the group do to ease some of the stress during this season! (Or to not get stressed!) ;)

Thanks for your willingness to post on Christmas Eve! I appreciate you! ;)
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    pass day
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,991 Member
    24th
    Yes x3 even though I had some crackers, dip and Bailey's to celebrate with hubby I still managed to stay under which I'm proud of myself for. Today it feels awesome waking up without a food or alcohol hangover. I'm not a huge drinker so I def feel a lil dusty as not used to it but I didn't go over board.

Love this intro, mindfulness is everything! I am such a morning person but tend to be grumpy at night cos I'm tired so this can lead to acting out, sulking over eating etc being aware that's wat happens in the 1st place then taking steps to change it was life changing for me.

Merry Xmas guys we all still here in wat i feel is the hardest time of the yeat!! We are all legends. He he!!! Xo
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Pass day 4

My family do Christmas on Christmas Eve as my sister and her husband have a nuclear family Christmas Day. It works nicely because it means we go and see my husband's family tomorrow. Does mean two lots of Christmas dinner and drink and nibbles so will be pass day 5 tomorrow.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    December 24
    Pass day describes it quite succinctly 😁
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,711 Member
    ✔️✔️✔️
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    Arc2Arc wrote: »
    Mindfulness to me relates to a life shift, an awakening if you will, I had a number of years ago. A female friend got exasperated with me and gave me the following: "why are you men so afraid of your feelings?" She said we don't even understand what they are. I asked her if that really applied to all men and only men. She said, well, it applies to you.

She then said: "feelings are merely the means by which your subconscious mind communicates with your conscious mind. That's all they are. That's why they exist. Your subconscious mind is an amalgamation of your natural instincts and life experiences. And it's making most of your decisions for you and you don't even know it. Instead you block that process as if it would make you less masculine or weak. Let me ask you...who's stronger, a person who taps into a useful even essential mechanism we have or one who kowtows to societal norm and in so doing becomes weaker?"

She then referred me to some resources which helped me understand this better. Our feelings can be a goldmine. Identifying them can illuminate the path to self care, change and the reconciliation of past wounds. On a daily basis, they're a check-in as to what's going on inside us and the more turbulent our surroundings the more helpful they can be.

I lay this out in case this is useful to others here, my approach is just one of many ways to be mindful. But it's my approach to mindfulness and it's been a great contributor to a better path.

Such an amazing and insightful post. Please share any resources you would recommend.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited December 2021
    ✅✅✅

2️⃣ Pass days left.

Was planning a pass day tomorrow, but our family get together has been called off, as 2 members are isolating. They were in contact with people who tested positive.
    We think one of the passengers on G/daughter’s the flight home must have tested positive as she got pinged this morning.
    One of G/son’s housemates tested positive on Tues.
    They had to get PCR tests done. Results aren’t back yet.

Things are up in the air for so many people.

Be mindful of your blessings.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Thanks for today's topic/reminder!! 3 yes day. Applauding us.
  • Pass day. I did exercise though.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,281 Member
    December 24, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (17 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (18 days)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,831 Member
    12/24

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used 5 passes 😭😭😭

~~~~~~~~

December goals

- Miracle Morning daily.

- yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly (Strength training WILL happen this month)

- TRY having ZERO pass days

- No LNS daily, ONLY fruits

- Daily journaling
    These are my morning meditation sessions, Pete and Parker enjoy meditation too, lol
    wee443vve4ks.jpeg
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Pass
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Pass day #4