11 down a bit over 100 to go- introduction

Options
I decided to join this group today and hope to find support as well as offer support. Each day is a gift but also hard mentally and physically. Giving lots of positive thoughts for everyone out there. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome @pearcel3342. A wonderful day right back to you. Lots of support and comradery here to make
    those days a bit easier.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Welcome!….please join in the conversations!….we are a dedicated bunch of losers!…we are all in different phases of our journey….some starting out, some a few pounds lost, some a lot of weight lost and some maintaining at goal….
  • pearcel3342
    pearcel3342 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It’s so inspiring and motivating to get your comments. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!💕 I am new here and not sure if you can respond directly to individuals. I am looking forward to being a part of this group and help you stay motivated and on track.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    🖐️👍

In which ways mentally and physically hard? Weight or weight loss related? Or other reasons?

Some of the best value of this group can be found in some of @NovusDies past posts. Well thought out and articulated.
  • pearcel3342
    pearcel3342 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi @PAV8888! I hope this is the correct way to respond to your question and thank you so much for the recommendation to look at @NovusDies posts. I’m learning to navigate MFP.
    The mental part is when I either allow myself to get overwhelmed by so much information and not knowing what will work for me to loose so much weight. Lack of success. I feel like I’m an obese person that could write a nutrition/ wellness book, does that make sense? The physical part is some health challenges that I’m slowly working through and getting back out there to exercise even if it is 100 feet at a time. Slow and steady.
    Truly seeing reading posts on MCP daily as a way to motivate myself and to post on others (if I’m doing that right) to help motivate them. Wishing you a wonderful day!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    Ha! Some is "easy". Some not as much! :lol:

Don't worry about information too much :smiley:

The "easy" part is: it ALL boils down to figuring out a way to bring your caloric balance to a long term negative trend sufficiently such that you will reduce your current energy reserves to where you want them to be in the future!

The not so easy part is: figuring out a way to do so consistently and with a minimal amount of side effects and in a way that sets you up for future success.

The "fun" part is that when you're starting out on a loss journey with a lot of energy reserves on tap... you have a few months of being able to do quite a few silly things and recover from wrong paths... assuming you're willing to re-evaluate and adjust along the way.

Small changes, one at a time, add up and become big changes over time.

Oh... and watch for wrong database entries on MFP: they're always fun! Double checking entries you use with food data central values, and especially the SR Legacy sub-database is a GOOD thing to do!