December 26

Options

Replies

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    12/26
    Another Pass Day - maybe 14?
    I did exercise - 15 minutes MommaStrong, 20 minute walk
    And I did eat better than the day before, guided by my belly, which was really mad at me. But I didn't preplan the day and didn't track and we did wind up having family over with a spread of deliciousness which I did indulge in. And then Christmas cookies in the afternoon.
    But I lost 1.5 pounds of water weight overnight (up to pee 3 or 4 times in the night) so I think I'm on the right track.
    I have today's meals planned out at my usual weekday 1200 calories and I've put the Christmas cookies in the cabinet so I don't have to look at them.
    I am hoping to stay on track through the 31st and see a loss for the month. I am right now 0.2 pounds down from how I started the month, so that shouldn't be that hard. (I had the Thanksgiving weight gain at the beginning of the month).
    Then Jan 1 will probably be a pass day because we traditionally have a New Years Day brunch.
    But I don't see any other reasons for indulgence in Jan so I think I can keep it under 3 pass days. Let's hope.

Feeling rested from my "break" and with new energy for eating right.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options
    ~❄️~ 12 / 26 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🙋🏼~~ BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 240+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 27,640 +.......... 180 walking ......... 60 cleaning

Back on track...

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,533 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @jamcnewman i enter my exercise manually for things like spin rowing outdoor walking then you can put in the amount of time and calories or speed you walked. play with it it took me awhile to adapt but once I did it’s nice. Try adding the free zone app to your phone and it should appear on your watch face if you place it there it would be available where you have choices for time date weather etc.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Yes to all 3.

Pass days 3/3
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Dec 26

Exercise: o:) (6635 steps by midnight - fit bit added 73 activity-calorie credits to my log)
    Logged: o:) everything ( a light intake day )
    In Goal: o:) all in and no exercise calories eaten
    3/3 pass days used (2nd; 23rd; 25th)

"The drawing update will be posted by Boxing Day "
    WEEEEEEELLLLLL, that was the PLAN ..... I got a set of art-pens for Christmas from my son, but didn't get a chance to (MAKE THE TIME TO) open them yet.
    26th was "sleep in, grab bite of brunch, then drive down the highway to visit two more of DH's brothers and get home again before sundown."
    A large chunk of after-supper was dedicated to closing the 6000+ steps count on my fitbit. (497 steps by the time we got back from visiting; 6542 at the end of the exergame session)

No more commitments between now and New Year's apart from our Booster shots on the 30th.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    December 26

Happy birthday Chris @WhatMeRunning

I have my new Apple Watch! I seem to have it set up to send my step count to MFP, but it gives no calorie adjustment for my activity. Clearly I need help 😳

Tracking ✅
    Calories ❌ (close, but as there are no calorie adjustments coming through for activity, I’ll post this as a pass day)
    Exercise ✅

Fourth pass day used

Julie

Hi Julie!
    @jamcnewman

I’m so glad you got your Apple Watch🎉🎉
    I
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I feel a bit like a broken record, but pass day #13 for me. Day started out well with a good workout and tracked everything. Evening hours did me in as did some snacking.

Hi @enlightenme3
    I find the evening snacking happens when I don’t eat enough calories at breakfast. I read two studies that really changed my lifetime eating habits.
    1. Women dieters on 1,400 calories a day who ate 700 cals at breakfast, 500 lunch & 200 dinner lost more weight over a 6 week period AND kept almost all of it off vs. the other group who ate 200 breakfast, 500 lunch, 700 dinner who lost less & kept almost none of it off.

When dieting, I ate 700 for breakfast, 400 late lunch, 200 snack late afternoon, and 300 dinner for 1,600 cals.
    I would not go longer than 4 hours between eating
    9AM, 1PM, 5PM, 7:30

2. Having a real-time calorie deficit of over 400 cals led collegiate athletes to have 13 negative athletic outcomes.

I figured out some apps that will use what I eat & when I exercise & tell me what my calorie deficit/surplus is at any moment

I leaned it it was 300, I’d begin thinking of food, 350 I’d be hungry, 400 I’d be dreaming of eating out. This latter activity became cue for me to eat something right away.

Because I don’t have clear hunger signals, using these two studies & my eating pattern for a few years now, I HAVE learned much more of my eating behaviors & personal hunger/fullness signals

Good luck! And keep posting ❤️❤️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Dec 26
    ✅✅✅
    Avoided a pastry & a takeout dinner.
    #HealthFirst

Filled myself up with time with our dear son & relaxing instead.
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Pass day for yesterday! Back on the wagon! Didn’t go crazy just didn’t track
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    12/26/2021
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Partially, but not everything (which is an improvement from the past week or so)
    Calories? No
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    Options
    12/26

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 😈

Using my 6 pass 😭😭😭

~~~~~~~~

December goals

- Miracle Morning daily.

- yoga and strength training at least 3x weekly (Strength training WILL happen this month)

- TRY having ZERO pass days

- No LNS daily, ONLY fruits

- Daily journaling
    These are my morning meditation sessions, Pete and Parker enjoy meditation too, lol
    wee443vve4ks.jpeg
  • taurie
    taurie Posts: 225 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Happy belated birthday @WhatMeRunning

Another pass day for me. It was one of my in-law’s bday and I overdid it at lunch. My plates have gotten a l bigger I’ve noticed. I start loading up on veg but there were so many options of veg I ended up with a mountain of food on my plate followed by two serving of cheese 🧀

The alcohol and a few larger than should be meals have done me in. Usually I end up over doing it with chips and chocolate but this hasn’t been the case this time and I’m quite relieved tbh. I’ll be able to reign in the meal portions fairly easily.

Did yoga.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Pass day 6

We were with family who are very sedentary so no exercise. Food choices were good though
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅