December 29

Options

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer - The China Study is an excellent book, it was a regular point of reference for me back in 2007/2008 since the entire content was based on solid, reviewed research with references to the research sources themselves. I imagine it has been updated since then, but my guess is that was foundational to what T. Colin Campbell put in the book you read (not that I know, I haven't read it...yet, might read it now since it sounds like a good one).
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Chris, you are correct in that The China Study was foundational for this book "Whole". And he refers to The China Study several times in this book.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅

I made my spin goal 450 miles during the year with a little extra to spare good night

I knew you would make it!!!! You are a ROCKSTAR, and very inspirational when it comes to your exercise and determination. Kudos!!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,050 Member
    Options
    * 30 min jog, boxing, walk & stretch.
    *Meditation and journaling
    * Under calories
    * Tracked blt
    * Monitored sugars but slightly over

No winners circle for me this month. @mrs_hoffer I hve also read the China study a while back, such a good read!!

I love Nye celebrations it's one of the very few times a year I let my hair down and drink cocktails. I like the milky, baileys cocktails so they are very high in calories. I am feeling a bit anxious about it but feel like the best way to handle Nye is to give myself permission ahead of time to hve wat alcohol and food I want for the evening and not to restrict myself. I feel that if I count calories and try to restrict myself I will just self sabatage and end up bingeing in a few days due to depriving myself.. This is exactly wat happened to me at xmas. So this guys is me giving myself permission to drop the counting calories for the day and not feel guilty about it! I'm hoping I will still do my workout in the morning though. Xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,034 Member
    Options
    Dec 29
    ✅✅✅

2 more days!!
  • Arc2Arc
    Arc2Arc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    ❌ - Exercise - On the DL
    ✅ - Calories
    ✅ - Tracked

Pass days exceeded.
  • Mama530
    Mama530 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yoga
    Calories: over
    Tracked: yes
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    12/29

Exercise: 60 minutes elliptical, 90 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 0
    Winner's circle: yes
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,482 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    ~❄️~ 12 / 29 /2021~~ Waving Hi ~~🙋🏼~~ BLESSings ALLways ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 240+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 30,180+........... 180 walking ......... 30 snow Shoveling .... 30 cleaning

I seem to have messed up on my dating for a couple of days after Christmas...
    I cant seem to go back & change.... I've updated it correctly now...
    I am happy to say, I have been able to stay on track... even with a bit of
    splurging for the holidays.

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25
    -26-27-28-29

I Plan on another Month of Succeeding in Staying on TRACK...
    I am splurging New Years Eve & I will stay on track
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,160 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise? Yes - 32 minutes indoor cycling, 10 minute stretch
    Did I stay under my calories? Yes
    Did I track it all? Yes

Pass days used - 3/3 (Dec 3, 24, 25)

Intend to make it to the Winners Circle!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,571 Member
    Options
    Another pass day for me - #14.

Yesterday, the kids and I made homemade pasta with arrabbiata sauce. I'm not sure the time it took to make the pasta was worth it, but it was fun! It did take all 4 of us to do it though. Everyone goes back to their respective homes today. I'm sad that they won't be around, but happy to get back to a routine.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,160 Member
    Options
    Another pass day for me - #14.

Yesterday, the kids and I made homemade pasta with arrabbiata sauce. I'm not sure the time it took to make the pasta was worth it, but it was fun! It did take all 4 of us to do it though. Everyone goes back to their respective homes today. I'm sad that they won't be around, but happy to get back to a routine.

Sounds delicious!
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 60 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

1 pass day used (Dec 25 )

I was excited to see that I lost 2 1/2 pounds over the Christmas week while my sons were here. I thought it would be a little more challenging with them here, but I was very conscous about my eating and did a lot of walking. That seems to be the difference for me-- when I gain weight is when I am ignoring my behavior and not planning what I will eat. It also makes me wonder if the less intense exercise really is better for my weight loss given my history of adrenal burnout or if it is just a fluke that I lost more weight when I wasnt weightlifting or swimming much.
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Exercise: :)
    Tracking: No
    Calories: LOLOLOL

9 pass days