Weight No More Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    JMNagain wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm my degree was in geology, it does rock! I'm currently wearing my favourite hoodie which says 'of quartz I love geology', lol.

Can't take humor like that for granite!

I'll see myself out now...
    Hmm...you guys might enjoy the novel Taken for Granite. It is a romance where the love interest is a gargoyle.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Steps
    Sun 5193
    Mon 8268
    Tue 6625
    Wed 7595
    Thu 4299
    Fri 5081
    Sat 5261
  • mxlaw90
    mxlaw90 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year Everyone!

I’ve been on a bit of a plateau again, bouncing up and down a couple of lbs. so this month I’m really working on consistently working out and eating abit better. rumour has it Ontario is putting in more restrictions again so I’m really hoping they don’t shut down again, as that was my serious downfall last time.

Jan week 1
    Mxlaw90
    PW 142.8lbs
    CW 142.8 lbs
  • ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    PW 185.4 lbs
    CW 184.8 lbs

Steps
    12/27 7,455
    12/28 7,461
    12/29 1,792
    12/30 8,178
    12/31 11,164
    1/01 4,497
    1/02 6,586
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    January week 1
    Username GingerPwr
    PW 158
    CW 157.5

Not as much of a loss as I had hoped, but I'll take it.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    January Week One

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 169.2 (December 21st)
    CW (Current Weight): 166.8 (January 4th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 67.2 lbs

VERY mixed feelings about this week's weigh-in.
    + This is the lightest I've been in a loooooong time
    - Partially due to a stomach bug I had during my holiday break
    + But the stomach bug definitely served as a good reset after all of my holiday overeating
    - Although it delayed my return to the gym by several days and disrupted my appetite

So, yeah, mixed emotions. We'll see if it sticks around next week. If so, awesome. If not, that's cool too. For now, my focus is falling back into my routines, rehydrating, and paying close attention to my health in the event my MS stages another surprise attack.

And now for official team business...
    giphy.gif

A Review of Team Functions

For those on the weight-loss team -
    • Try to weigh in on your chosen weigh day
    • If you cannot weigh in on your chosen weigh day, weigh in before Sunday morning to have your weight included in the team results
    • If you need to change your weekly weigh day, just let us know and we'll take care of that for you
    • If, for some reason, you cannot weigh in, ask to be excused
    • If you do not weigh in and are not excused, you receive an NWI (non weigh-in) - 2 NWIs in a row lead to being dropped from the team
    • If you cannot weigh in for a long period of time, or are facing some health/family/life issues that would cause weighing in to be inconsistent or stressful, ask to be moved to the support team

About the support team -
    • You are not required to weigh in, but you can (and should!) check in with us to keep the team updated - we are here to support you, regardless of what you're going through
    • You can come back to the weigh-loss team at any time without leaving Team WeightNoMore

Join the Step Challenge!
    • Keep track of your steps and post them here! (Either as a daily count, or a weekly Sun-Sat total)
    • Results are posted every Wednesday for the previous week - which means you need to post your numbers before then
    • Anything is better than nothing! You are only competing against yourself, and little improvements add up!

You are under no obligation to post more than your weigh-in once per week. But you are welcome to share your victories, your struggles, your weird thoughts, your motivational pictures...
    If you have questions, post them here.
    If you have answers, post them here.
    We are a team, we are here for you.
  • pacsnc6
    Options
    I finally forced myself to check back in with Silver Sneakers and chose a walking exercise yesterday. Now to keep it going and join at least two classes a week. I was doing circuit training a few months ago but the holidays happened and I just stopped. I have been taking short walks most days so I didn't completely stop! Just have to keep on keeping on!
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott that book sounds hilarious, I love a good spoof.

Had another good exercise day today; have just been running and played padel for an hour earlier. Definitely over ate though, but am still on holiday with my dad (who loves to cook) so it's to be expected. I'm trying to stack my good habits, so this week I'm just concentrating on cutting out sweet things which I've done so far, and haven't had anything except fruit, even when everyone else at dinner was tucking in to Christmas cake! Next week I'm going to continue with that aim and also add in another, maybe no snacking? Or upping my water intake? Haven't decided yet. It has to be doable on a plane as I'm flying back to Singapore from the UK on Monday, so giving up beer when it's going to be free on the plane is a no-no! No alcohol will definitely be the goal the week after though.

I'll definitely join the step challenge, I love my garmin watch and am going to try and get my 10,000 in everyday, which will be a challenge when I'm flying and in quarantine (just for a day) afterwards though!
  • Jtchowski2
    Jtchowski2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Jan week 1
    Jtchowski2
    Pw. 260
    Cw. 257.2
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited January 2022
    Options
    FYI - If you are having trouble posting on the team thread, but have no issue reading it, make sure you have clicked the big blue "Join" button on the group home page (this option can also be found by clicking on the blue "Options" button on the home page and then selecting "Join"). This should grant you the ability to make posts.

~~ Weigh Days ~~

Below is a list of all of the current weigh days! If your name has been crossed off, you are all set for this week. For anyone who hasn't been crossed out for Sunday - Wednesday, please provide an updated weight as soon as possible. If you need to be excused or have any questions, be sure to let us know. All weights are due by early Sunday morning.

SUNDAY
    @cassiegetsfit2013
    @jenven122280
    @lorieconnellcassity
    @Paulette_Spencer
    @IzzyMillz
    @thatbeautifulchick1988

MONDAY
    @seltzer_lover
    @ama3387
    @mxlaw90
    @ppmusic06
    @SavannahS2016

TUESDAY
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    @GingerPwr

WEDNESDAY
    @callsitlikeiseeit
    @Jtchowski2
    @realtorjanet

THURSDAY
    @Ljdanny
    @Pacsnc6
    @kaj848
    @sandielewis2001
    @bumpbreakcar

FRIDAY
    @rachelrjh
    @lennoncpa
    @NoyaGirl
    @JMNagain

SATURDAY
    @Zumba_Luvah
    @MayLan
    @IDebraK
    @MotylekOkruchy
    @timibotkin
    @coolnurse75
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Totally forgot it was Wednesday - whoops!

is-this-a-what-day-is-this.gif

~~ Steps Challenge ~~
    December Week Four

Over the course of December Week Four, our five super steppers walked a total of 331,263 steps, equivalent to 66,253 steps per person!

The Leaderboard -

@IDebraK - 90,456 total | 12,922 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @MotylekOkrunchy - 87,722 total | 12,532 average
    @ljdanny - 63,630 total | 9,090 average
    @ama3387 - 47,133 total | 6,733 average
    @pacsnc6 - 42,322 total | 6,046 average - Most Consistent!

Congrats to @pacsnc6 and @IDebraK for meeting and then beating their weekly average steps last week!

December Monthly Totals

Throughout the month of December, our six wonderful walkers covered an incredible 1,243,621 steps, averaging over 207,000 steps per person!

The Leaderboard -

@MotylekOkrunchy - 394,518 total | 98,630 weekly average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @IDebraK - 263,308 total | 65,827 weekly average
    @ljdanny - 262,504 total | 65,626 weekly average
    @pacsnc6 - 154,451 total | 38,613 weekly average - Most Consistent Week to Week!
    @lennoncpa - 121,707 total | 30,427 weekly average
    @ama3387 - 47,133 total | 11,783 weekly average
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    178.7 yesterday.

sorry, was busy all day and forgot!
  • realtorjanet
    realtorjanet Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Realtorjanet
    Current weight 122.8 (1/5/22)
    Starting weight 124
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    Jtchowski2 wrote: »
    I really need a accountability buddy during this journey. I have no support here at home. So much junk food here, hard not to grab it when I get down and out. So not sure if you team up with a buddy or not.

Send friend requests to other people on the team! We're pretty good about supporting each other. And if you'd like to use our team to the fullest extent, please feel free to post daily goals, how you're feeling, what you're struggling with, etc.

You can also use the Group Habit Tracker if organizers help hold you accountable.

You're not alone, you got this. Just gotta take it one decision at a time.
  • pacsnc6
    Options
    Weigh in Thursday
    Pw 163.3
    Cw 161.5

Nice drop!!
This discussion has been closed.