Weight No More Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• ama3387
    ama3387 Posts: 242 Member
    Good morning everyone! I am having a week. I am struggling. Between the exhaustion of the holidays being over with and all the covid stuff with the kids starting back at school I am just struggling. Struggling to fall asleep, struggling to wake up, struggling to workout and struggling to cook meals. My husband just had his physical his blood sugar and cholesterol are not good. He doesn’t want to change the way he eats. I just want to crawl into bed and ignore everyone! Blah!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 187
    Cw 188
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ugh!!! Not sure how I went up because I have been eating salad and watching my portions. I have not taken a walk for a few days, I have been very tired. But this is how it always goes for me, lose some gain more. Very frustrating.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    ljdanny wrote: »
    Ugh!!! Not sure how I went up because I have been eating salad and watching my portions. I have not taken a walk for a few days, I have been very tired. But this is how it always goes for me, lose some gain more. Very frustrating.

Sending you so much support. I'm sure we can all relate to the exhaustion right now.

As an aside...

Being fatigued typically leads to water retention. Same goes for stress in general. This could easily be the source of the gain, especially if you haven't been moving much, which slows down your ability to process the calories already in your body. Drink some water, go for a short walk, and grant yourself some patience. If you lost weight quickly, you'd be far more likely to regain it.
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member
    Username: Bumpbreakcar

Weigh In Day: Thursday

PW (Previous Weight): 143.7

CW (Current Weight): 143.5
  • NoyaGirl
    NoyaGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Hello Team! Sorry for the late intro, but getting back to work after the holidays has been hectic! I'm Wendy and I've been a member of MFP for a LONG time, though you wouldn't know it from my progress (or lack thereof - lol). Almost hit onederland a few year back then life got stressful, then the pandemic hit and now I'm back to the weight I said I'd never be again! So frustrating!!!

Well, I really want this to be the year I make this stick and do it right. One of my biggest challenges is my passion for wine. In fact, I work for a wine company and spend all day talking to people about their taste preferences and creating custom cases for them - pretty much my dream job! I'm also working to get my Wine & Spirits Education Trust Certification and I'm on my second level. So you can see how this is a tough one for me! I'm learning to taste & spit ("what a waste" my subconscious screams!) but I have a ways to go - wish me luck!

I don't have high hopes for my weigh in tomorrow as we're still clearing out food purchased for the holidays and assembling the new treadmill we bought ourselves for Xmas (woo hoo!!!). For me this week has just been planning, setting goals and easing into food tracking & more water - so far, so good. And WOW just tracking for the past 3 days has enlightened me on how my eating habits have not been the best :# If I don't show a loss tomorrow, I'm forgiving myself :) .

Looking forward to this journey with you all and getting to know you better! Cheers!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Is anyone else in here doing C25K? I'm just starting it for the 1000th time. Hoping to get to full marathon by the end of the year. I was a runner before a knee injury 3 years ago. I'm pulling back into it... SLOWLY. Joined a gym yesterday (for that free enrollment). I get off work after dark. I live on a dead end road with no street lights, so I figured I could get those steps and miles in on a treadmill as easy as I can on the road.

Hoping someone else is starting it too. I'd like to have a virtual running partner.
  • NoyaGirl
    NoyaGirl Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2022
    NoyaGirl
    January Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 240
    CW (Current Weight): 239.8 (Jan 7th)
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    ljdanny wrote: »

I know every body is different, but for my body, the result of whatever action (or inaction) shows 2-3 weeks later. If it was me, I would see the change in weight resulting from eating less now in 2 weeks, not now.
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Username: JMNagain

Weigh In Day: Friday

PW (Previous Weight): 232.6

CW (Current Weight): 231.6*

*estimate as it was different scales and I was fully clothed.

A smallish loss that quite happy with as am still on holiday and eating and drinking a lot. That's just by giving up sweet things (except yesterday at a friend's when I ate an ice-cream I was served before remembering my target!) So I'm going to consider that target a success, especially because I didn't eat it all and stopped when I realised. Wasted ice-cream, imagine! This week my target is going to be no snacking, only my three main meals a day.

@NoyaGirl DREAM JOB!!! So envious!

@IDebraK I'm on week 6 if that helps? I'm also a lapsed runner getting back into it, aiming for a marathon by the end of 2022. Happy to be a virtual running partner!
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    edited January 2022
    @rachelrjh
    Pw: 139
    Cw: 136 lbs.
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    My name is Debra. I am 49 years old and only 5 feet tall. At my highest ever weight, I was 206 in 2010. I joined Weight Watchers and lost down to 124. In 2014, I got divorced. From then until now, weight started to slowly creep back up.

In June of last year, I found this group. This is the only group I am in on MFP. I don't even scroll though any other part of this site. This is it. I love this group! I look through the other teams chat boards and read the success stories there. I only post in here, and even then, it's not too often.

I wanted to set a goal and not nail it to one number. BMI charts are great for determining a good zone, but unrealistic. To put me dead center of my "Healthy Weight", according to the CDC, I should weigh 111. (Range is 95-128). 95? I don't think so. @minstrelofsarcasm has a great blog post on BMI. I loved it! I believe she posted a link for it on page 1. Great resource if you're looking for a magic number.

I nailed it to one number for the sake of having that number logged into MFP. That number was 122 (a zone between 118 and 126). I'm there! I'm in my zone! I cannot thank the makers and moderators of this group enough for creating and maintaining it. For each of you in this group, you ALL inspire whether you know it or not.

I'm going to get to that 122 just so I can say that I did it. Some days I'm going to carb load because, well, who doesn't like carbs? Others, I'll be very mindful of what I eat. I've created some healthy habits in the past 7 months. I plan on keeping them. It's a new year. I'm still the same 'ol me. I'm just a healthier me.

Number 4 grandbaby is due next month. These babies deserve a Gigi that can run and play with them. Right now, they are 2, 1, 5 months, and on the way. I have a tangible reason for staying healthy.

ofkyg8kisglq.png

IDebraK
    Weigh In: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 159
    PW: 126.8
    CW: 123.2

Steps:
    Sat: 10345
    Sun: 13966
    Mon: 14112
    Tues: 12889
    Wed: 14257
    Thurs: 15906
    Fri: 5646

I didn't get those steps in yesterday like I wanted. I spent most of the day surprising my son and daughter-in-law with a new backsplash for their kitchen. They are out of town for their anniversary. Her mother and I decided that we would get this done for them while they are away. Not a lot of steps in, but Something nice for them to come home to.

I joined Planet Fitness yesterday so I had a safe and lighted place to run after work. I live on a dead end road and get home after dark. I work 10 hour shifts, so running before work... well, it's dark.

@JMNagain - You are WAY ahead of me on C25K. I'm on Week 1 Day 2. We'll get there. Add me to your friends list here. If you're using a FitBit, you can add me to FitBit friends as well. My email is debra.m.guittar@gmail.com. HAPPY RUNNING!

@rachelrjh - Look at you go!
  • Week 1 weigh in (Monday)
    Sorry for the late post..this week has been crazy!!!
    PW 261.4
    CW 260

Not a huge loss...but still a great loss!!
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited January 2022
    MotylekOkruchy
    Saturday
    PW: 140.5
    CW: 139

I think my scale is getting an attitude - the first reading it gave me this morning was like 137.6 - simply impossible. So I moved it, and watched where I placed my feet, and made sure I didn't lean forward or backward and finally I got a more realistic number - and got it several times.

Anyway, some people are looking for running buddies. I don't run. But I walk. I can be someone's walking buddy. A couple of weeks ago we had a nice weekly challenge that involved physical activity. Towards the end it was mainly me and another person posting but I enjoyed those daily postings of ours a lot and found them VERY motivating, pushing me a bit further. Not much, increase speed on treadmill by 1 (still walking, just a bit faster), walk 10-15 minutes more.

So, if anybody needs a walking buddy - I'm here! :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Week 2s Group Challenge is now posted and starts tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 9th. It's a creative one, with nutritional goals AND a contest! Hope you'll join me for the This or That Recipe Challenge! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10853286/january-week-2-group-challenge-this-or-that-recipe-challenge/p1?new=1
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Id love to join the step challenge.
    This week my steps were:
    Sun 2nd: 21,476
    Mon 3rd: 11,052
    Tues 4th: 13,775
    Wed 5th: 15,610
    Thurs 6th: 14,906
    Fri 7th: 17,517
    Sat 8th: 22,173
    Really pleased with those, much easier when on holiday though! Once back at work I'll find it difficult to hit my target of 10,000, so a challenge should keep me motivated.

Last full day of my holiday today, very sad. Also ate a lot! But got a run in.
  • Jtchowski2
    Jtchowski2 Posts: 10 Member
    I dont even no anyone out team. Hello Im Tammy, need help with this journey.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sorry for the late post..crazy week!
    Monday Weigh in
    PW 261.4
    CW 261

Not much of a loss but still a loss!!!

I found this post - @lorieconnellcassity started a new thread to weigh in, but I see they have found you and weighed in here as well. I'm not sure which version is correct - was it 260 or 261? I have put in 261, but that can be corrected if necessary. Tally ho!
This discussion has been closed.