The Fireplace

Options

Replies

• Neon_Vampire
    Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,041 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well and excited for the new Hogwarts term to begin! :)

I've also been slacking off during the break and haven't been motivated to do much beyond taking walks throughout the day, which I've been saying for weeks! I have managed a small amount of strength and flex the past few days though since the new GoT week began, but I've had to force myself to do it. I kept forgetting about the Alphabet workouts until late at night each week too so ended up just doing the easier kid ones so I didn't disturb my downstairs neighbors....I should have made myself do the harder one though so I would have felt more productive! Maybe next break Scorpius and Albus will sprint to Hogsmeade instead. 🤣🤣🤣 (Make sure to check the official thread if you are taking part in the sprint as a new magical event has been posted for the final week!)

I signed up for another MFP challenge group that officially starts tomorrow so I'm hoping that doing the challenges they have will help get me more motivated and ready for Hogwarts, I'm also going to go back to the gym tomorrow so hopefully I can get back into a more consistent routine soon.

On a completely random note today I was out running some errands and when I went to the Dollar Tree to pick up some doggy potty bags I discovered that things are no longer $1 they are $1.25!!! :o I felt so betrayed, lol! I also found some Grinch slippers that reminded me of you @MWMstr17 !

il_340x270.3534484914_9hdx.jpg
  • MWMstr17
    MWMstr17 Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    I'm done waiting on my back to feel 100%, so I could well be channeling some Grinch-iness this afternoon.
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    It's a beautiful day here. I'm wearing shorts today. I sold my business and it's such a relief to not have that 24/7 pressure. Next term is going to be great
  • MWMstr17
    Options
    @Dawnshealth111 Congrats! I'm sure that's a huge load off.
  • MWMstr17
    Options

Last week it was >70F and pretty warm for a difficult hike. Now it's ~20F with a high of 40F forecast.

Winter in the Carolinas...........

q1lcoaj3wmr2.png
  • MWMstr17
    Options
    Drove past some rural Dollar General's today, and thought "Wonder if they have those slippers?"
    y518agen4hqf.png
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    Owls have begun to fly! Remember that for anyone who may not have been in Slytherin last term, but has been sorted into our house for this term, you'll need to accept the Prefects' friend requests before we can send your owl.

The same goes for anybody who may have been sorted into a different house for this term, so make sure to keep an eye on your PMs and friend requests! I believe some houses are still making their way to the owlery, it's a long walk you know, but all owls (or friend requests) should be sent by sometime tomorrow at the latest if you submitted an application for Term 38! :)
  • bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone. I received a friend request from @Neon_Vampire so it looks like I have been sorted back to Slytherin! I am excited to get started.

• pisanee
    pisanee Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    I’ve gotten my owl. I started a tradition last year to open myself up for resorting at the beginning of the year. Looks like I am heading back to Ravenclaw again. So funny because sorting quizzes never put me in Slytherin and rarely in Ravenclaw, but that’s where I keep ending up. Plus, my sister is supposed to be sending me a Slytherin t-shirt that she got me. I had a blast in the House of Snakes and hope I can still hang out in the Sanctuary between terms.
  • filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    @pisanee We’ll miss you! Ravenclaw is getting a good team member.
  • pisanee
    pisanee Posts: 1,845 Member
    Options
    @filmgal30 Thanks, although I’ve been feeling quite lazy recently! Will miss Slytherin too and am pretty sure I will post under the wrong house for the first week of term.
  • MWMstr17
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone. I received a friend request from @Neon_Vampire so it looks like I have been sorted back to Slytherin! I am excited to get started.

@bradkcrew Yah! glad you're back.

@pisanee Boo...sorry to see you leave. Jer gan mai!

• Neon_Vampire
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @pisanee We'll definitely miss you in the common room this term but you're always welcomed in the Sanctuary, no matter what house you're in!

When I first switched over to Slytherin last term I thought I would keep messing up and post under the wrong house too, but I'll make sure to keep an eye out if I notice you did to make sure Ravenclaw gets credit for your hard earned points....even though I'd like to just give them to Slytherin instead. >:)
  • kylielynn314
    kylielynn314 Posts: 4,405 Member
    Options
    Everyone's been quiet this break. How's everyone doing??
  • Dawnshealth111
    Dawnshealth111 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great @kylielynn314. It's so nice to finally take the vacation I waited so long for. I hope you recover soon. Keep your goals realistic and don't push yourself too hard.
  • Allaesa72
    Allaesa72 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Doing well here too. Since I can't workout like I was a month ago I'm gaining all the weight I lost during that week I couldn't eat. Working harder to eat fewer calories until I can burn more calories.🤞
  • kylielynn314
    Options
    Been in our new house a year!! It doesn't seem that long and it seems forever all at the same time. We are going to try having a garden this year. We started some plants inside about a week and a half ago to transplant outside later when it gets warmer.. and this morning I saw some tiny little green dots. I think something is actually growing. Yay. I can't share pictures on my phone but will try to remember to later with the tablet
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    Oooooh a garden! I look forward to seeing your pictures @kylielynn314. I've always wanted to have a garden, but living a multi-story building means no ground space for me to plant anything and I've tried looking into it before and my town has no community garden....rude! I want to say it was about two months ago, that I found out on Jeopardy that you can regrow chives from the roots so I bought some to experiment and it was a success, but now I have so many chives in my freezer! :p

I went browsing at the thrift store today because I've been highly debating trying to work out a cosplay costume for a convention and there's two characters I've been going back and forth between. I found some knee high boots that would work for one of the characters so I got them and then I came home, and looked at her costume in higher detail, and realized that I don't think I have enough time to put together an authentic looking outfit so I have to figure out what else I can do instead.

Here's my backup plan as of right now. 🤣
    Adam-and-Barbara-as-Ghosts-Beetlejuice.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&dpr=1.5
  • kylielynn314
    Options
    uc8dpgh90c39.jpeg
    4gkp72vgndc6.jpeg
    nzuzq72k6us8.jpeg
    krpg5dk1ajr9.jpeg
    maac1l1ev2xr.jpeg
  • kylielynn314
    Options
    And then I woke up to this 1bukge9a8gr7.jpeg

Now I love the snow and it’s beautiful out there right now, but enough already. I was ready for spring. It’s all hubby’s fault. He mentioned putting the big winter coats/snow pants away