Junk Food vegan food made me gain 27 pounds

Options
fultimers
fultimers Posts: 153 Member
Three years ago I watched the video, "Forks Over Knives" and changed overnight from Keto to a whole foods, plant based lifestyle. I lost 75 pounds and in the beginning, it was fairly easy to lose weight even though I didn't always log my food in MFP. To lose the last 25 pounds, I did have to strictly log my food. However, after I got to my goal weight, I got careless and thought I would be able to maintain my weight without really trying. Wrong! And in the last few months, I've been traveling a lot and let myself eat vegan junk food too much (and I definitely fed my sugar addiction).

So to get back on track (Day one today), these are my goals: 1. Log in every day--even if I go over my caloric limit. Probably many of you would consider my daily calorie allotment of 1450 calories too low. I've really tried to go higher and I can't lose. I'm 71 and have low thyroid which might be a contributing factor. 2. Walk at least a mile a day 4-5 days a week. 3. Keep a clean environment with no junk food in the house. 4. Be accountable to fellow vegan friends here on MFP by sharing my diary. That I know of, I don't have any vegan friends here on MFP so if anyone has similar goals, please request to be a friend. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to ask someone to be my MFP friend, so some advice there would be helpful.
Tagged:

Replies

• mandster
    mandster Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi. I don't know if there is a faster wat to do a friend request but if you click on the profile image it takes you to a new screen. Click on view profile then there is an icon that looks like 3 people/group. Click on that and it then lets you send a request. I've just sent you one.
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    junk food vegan here sent a friend request.. I keep an open diary log daily it has been hard connecting with other vegans..
  • Namaste1618
    Namaste1618 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve been a junk food vegan the last year or so and have put on a lot of weight during the pandemic. I’d love an accountability buddy.