Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    What is it about a recommitment to logging calories and weighing food portions that triggers cravings for creamy, cheesy pasta?!?! Why!!!?!?!

Lol - some rebellious part of you is wanting what it thinks you've told it you can't have ;)

Maybe you need to log exactly that, but a smaller portion over a big bed of roasted broccoli or something. Can't remember if you're an all or nothing type person but that would be my strategy, yet I realize for some complete abstinence is best!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,029 Member
    @PlaneMonkey I second the rich sauce and flavour over veg instead of pasta every time! It is amazing how much you can eat if the rich sauce is in small quantities and the vegetables (and fibre content) is high. I had a dinner of kale, cauliflower, and sweet potato with pesto tonight, and my plate of food had way more volume and probably half the calories of what my dad and step-mom ate. You've got this! Too bad hubby can't have the veggies and stuff - that would be heaven to be able to have the same stuff. I have become completely used to my taller half eating differently than I do. Most of the time he cooks his own stuff, but I am totally comfortable with making his and mine separately when needed. Even when I was working, putting together 2 different menus was doable as long as I planned well and we shared as many parts of the meal as possible.

I might be stuck at my dad's for an extra couple of days - big storm coming through. I could either leave early Thursday or wait until Saturday... decisions, decisions...

Who is up for Wednesday? Quite the crew!
    @PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @MandiSaysHey
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @AshenMoon

l7c90hmcwhx2.png

Who is running late?
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @graceojo999

You've got this!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hi 👋🏼. I’m exhausted but still here. My steps are nice and high but Wew tired. I feel like I’m doing things but look around and there’s So. Much. Stuff!!! Ugh. I feel like tossing it all but I can’t. And watching Juliet all day on top of it. Yikes. This is hard. I have had little appetite. So my eating has been pretty good. Have not been on the scale. Do I even know where it is? Hope I can find it on Friday!😉 My water was so bad today. I was so thirsty but my cup was never where I was. I will try and do better tomorrow.

Welcome back @Terytha and @Kali225 !!! We are so glad to have you back. You’ve come to the right place for support. We missed you.

@conleywoods How scary to have your little guy hurt his head like that. Glad he’s doing better.

@ashleycarole86 Congratulations on being the Number 1 loser for January!!! Well deserved. You are killing it. 🎉👏🏼💐
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Welcome back @Terytha and @Kali225, it's good to 'see' you again :smile:

I hope your little one is on the mend @conleywoods

I can tell my immune system is fighting something off. I don't feel unwell, just have little things like a bit of congestion, tiredness and too much hunger. This happens to me quite a bit when life has been crazy busy then suddenly calms down - almost like my body goes 'that's all done so we can crash now' but generally the crashes are a lot worse and I shall count myself lucky on this occasion.

I trained yesterday; we did some faster intervals on the rower then worked on more leg strength and fewer strokes, i.e. a more efficient workout. We're starting to incorporate some resistance band work to improve mobility and stability, particularly of the shoulders. I skipped a lunch break due to a critical issue at work, eventually ate at 3pm, then finished work at 5 and spent the evening on the sofa with my cross stitch and the cats. Today I am going to ensure that I get a lunch break and some fresh air - thankfully critical issues do not end up on my plate often.
  • jugar
    mmarceau2 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    I have been here before... but not for quite a while. I still feel like a bit of an intruder....

I thought I could maintain alone, you see. It did work for a few months, but then confinement started again, pools were shut and Christmas won over my will power. I lost myself in food, stress and stopped swimming pretty much all at the same time around mid December. I went from 129 to 136 in 7 weeks.
    Something needs to be done now! I am about the destroy the zippers on my ski clothes.

I am finally back in a zone where I make space in my life to think about being healthy.
    I deserve to feel good in my body.
    And my kids deserve a mother who fells good in her body.

I have started swimming again and I have started a 30 day yoga challenge. 30 minutes of yoga every day. I already feel better after two days. Food wise... I still haven't manage to overcome my hatred of counting calories... but I am working on it.

One thing at a time : I commit to stop eating two plates every night! My appetite has been monstrous lately. It is a beast coming out of me. I will try to face that beast without letting it intimidate my true self...the one who simply wants to feel light, souple, free, full of energy...

So my current weight is 135.8 and I am on my way to 127. I was there for 8 years before the pandemic arrived, and I am claiming that spot back. It's my place, it's my weight!

I have enjoyed reading your comments... it makes me realise I am not alone struggling to stay fit!

Welcome back, Marie!! I love your description of the terrible appetite monster and the strong statements about deserving to feel good in your body, and for your kids to enjoy that with you. You're on a great start - yoga, swimming, kicking the 2nd plate out the window. That's the way to get there!

What day do you choose for your weekly weigh-in? Today is Wednesday, so you can continue with that, but it is best to pick a day you'll always remember to hop on the dreaded scale and post your weight here. Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,127 Member
    Thanks @micki48 .. your comment about the water is so spot on, I can think of so many times I used to be downright parched and I just didn't get to water because my bottle wasn't filled and beside me. No excuses in my case since I'm sitting on my butt at a desk all day.. I was just not putting myself first. A lot more difficult when you're on your feet shuffling around getting stuff done around the house.

@DD265 My body does the same.. usually when I go on vacation. It's like it goes "oh, ok... let me let my guard down now after all that prep to get ready". The amount of times I've gotten sick a day or two into a vacation... oh man!!

@kellie_erin What does the challenge entail?

Welcome @mmarceau2 or I guess welcome back... thinking you were here under a different name before and you're the friend of @jugar ? Hopefully I don't have that wrong.. if I do then perhaps we haven't met but either way I am your co-captain and happy to have you here and to read your intro. No intrusion here!!!

2/1 exercise:
    47 minutes indoor cycling, 20 minutes shadow boxing, 30 minutes strength training, 6282 steps
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    @ashleycarole86 there are mini challenges each week (this week is to up water intake). And you have to get to the gym at least three times a week. But each male and female that loses the most weight by percentage will win $250. The money for sure would be a bonus, but it's more I just really want to get down to a certain weight, you know? Or have my clothes fit better - sports bras that don't fit well are the bane of my existence right now
  • jugar
    Those step / exercise reports are so motivating! I always love seeing how far we might have gone in one week or month. And almost 3 million steps in January! That is seriously impressive.

There is some catching up to do on weigh-ins :grimace: so let's try to get those posted, ok?
    @graceojo999
    @PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @MandiSaysHey
    @KellyBgetsFit

Here comes Thursday:
    @eggfreak
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86
    @evangsimmons170

I hope the ground hogs were good to you :lol:
This discussion has been closed.