Options
    So this happened....

04ne5iobpobb.jpg

I was about to ask if *that* was how you keep your OH in line? :smiley:
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW: 181.3
    The groundhog died right before Feb 2nd. Must be a sign! I'm glad you have snowshoes down there in MA. Borrow a charger for your Fitbit, perhaps (or get a replacement to keep in the car). :smiley:
    @PlaneMonkey My daughter and I have IBS and have a new book called, "The beginner's guide to LOW-FODMAP" by Sarah Mirkin, RDN. It's been really helpful to gain insights to which foods are the real culprits and which can be swapped out for better choices. I'll mail it to you if you can't find a copy. Good luck with the covid testing.
    @micki48 the national guard should have some group they can deploy to get your stuff in order. My niece is in the Canadian Guard and proved extremely helpful the day of our wedding in 2017. Everyone was about to leave the 2 of us alone with packing up the tables, chairs, and tent (with rain in the forecast). She saved the day by telling the small band of guys exactly what to do and how. Poof! The truck was packed in 10 minutes flat. I wish that for you in the near future! Best of luck.
    @metaphysicalstudio One of the phrases I started to use may be helpful to you, too. "I used to be an emotional eater and now I'm choosing to pause (or whatever)." It's taken me some time to work out that when energies around me ramp up, I can step back and own only what is mine and leave the rest for the others to claim. Use the word D.E.T.A.C.H. as an acronym for "don't even think about changing her/him!"
    If I can do it, you'll be able to, too!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PW 234.0
    CW 237.4

Well it's that time of the month so I will just have to live with it. Hopefully next week I'll be below 234.0 and back to weight loss. My increase in fiber has been going well but didn't help much with constipation. I also started taking a prebiotic/prebiotic from a company called Seed. Oh my goodness! This has helped so much with constipation. In fact I would say I feel normal in that department now. I try to eat some fermented foods during the week too. Usually I go for sourdough bread or kombucha. Still not getting much exercise in. Calories are good and I know that matters most.

I know someone mentioned dry skin awhile ago...maybe it was @Kali225. I have that problem with our cold dry winters. I LOVE the whipped body scrubs from a company called Farmhouse Fresh. My favorite is the triple shot carmel latte. It doesn't leave your skin greasy and is mostly all natural. It also supports an animal rescue. I love a lot of their products.

@kdblpn He is so cute! Congrats 👏 I think when you are around sad things at work coming home to adorable things is a must! I have definitely spent more time doing play dough with the kids and playing with my pets!

@ashleycarole86 Congrats on all your hard work lately! I'm getting my masters in Instructional Design. I basically already design all of my Instruction currently since all of my students have special needs and I customize specifically to them. I will need to learn all of the educational theories. Many of the philosophers that influence education theories also influence occupational theories. That will help since I won't be totally lost. This degree will just help me move to the top of the pay scale since I have topped out after this year. I won't change jobs, still going to spend my days playing with kids and toys and begrudgingly doing some paper work too.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

The weather is ugly, so it is an indoors day most likely - plenty of housework to do, and I got a really good exercise session in this morning before my dad and stepmom got up. I skipped yesterday, and it felt great to get going today. I'll do another one later! More mobility work needed after all this sitting...

@kdblpn that puppy is adorable, and you have picked the most perfect name possible! I love the word gizmo. Here is a fun factoid for you. On a flute, there is actually a key called the gizmo. It closes the lowest key on the flute to facilitate playing some of the very highest notes! We love our gizmos :smiley:

edax01m7veyc.png
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Username: Bonnie_red
    CW 168.4
    PW (I can't remember!).

I've been up and down in weight this week and in mood, so I hope it gets better!

It's been nice to read everyone's posts!! I hope the start of February has been going well for everyone!

My name is Bonnie. I live in Toronto, Canada and @kellie_erin is my twin sister. I am currently at a 6-month mark at a new job and trying to finish a PhD (still). I have always struggled with my weight but I definitely struggle more when I am stressed and these last few years have been stressful!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    2/3 exercise:
    30 minutes strength + 46 minutes Peloton + 3444 steps
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Hard to believe, but we're hard up against the end of February Week 1! I'll be hitting the road really early tomorrow to head back North on what I hope will be improved roads. Right now they are covered with frozen slush and other lovely stuff. In any case, here is the round-up of all the remaining weigh-ins for the week:

@graceojo999
    @MandiSaysHey
    @Micki48
    @happimess01
    @gak71
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @jugar Safe travels today!!!

@happimess01 You are my inspiration!

@veronica1359 You've got this. Set your plan and make your week count. You've been checking in consistently so think about the things you want to focus on this week and we will be here to cheer you on!

Set the alarm for 5 a.m. to do a live 75 minute Peloton ride this morning... so Inspiring to be riding live with over 5000 fellow morning people. I set a PR for that length of class and for overall. The sweat was a drippin!! I love being productive first thing... nothing sets my day up for success more than that!

What does everyone have going on for the weekend?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    So this happened....

04ne5iobpobb.jpg

BUT! I'm eligible for a free replacement, I just have to ship in the old one first so I'll be without it for a few days. Maybe the new one will be more accurate and won't credit me record breaking stair climbs when I'm actually on the couch petting the cat...

Is that a Fitbit charge 4 by any chance? That’s what happened to mine. I read lots of people had that happen. Hope the new one is better. Oh by the way, the other day my Fitbit recorded a 29 minute swim 🏊‍♀️ for me. Unless there is an invisible pool in my house, I was no where near water. I have no idea what activity caused the confusion. 😂

@kdplpn Gizmo is adorable! So glad you have that adorableness to come home to after your difficult work. 🤗

@jugar Wishing you safe travels.

@EvMakesChanges Thank you for that! Wish the you could send them here too. You have such wise advice. I’m still enjoying F.E.A.R.

I weighed yesterday, but never made it on before falling asleep 💤
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in (late)

PW 198
    CW 197.2 (197.1 today)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    The new Week 2 Group Challenge for February is active and ready to begin for Sunday, Feb 6th. Taking a reflective look back and a hopeful look forward with the goals we set back in Dec/Jan...just a little check in, mixed with staying active each day and sharing together. Hope you'll join us! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855816/february-week-2-group-challenge-thinking-back-looking-forward#latest

Jessica
This discussion has been closed.