Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    CW: 188
    PW: 187

Haha starting off February and the transformation challenge right with a weight gain 😩
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Well, I am putting my new blog to good use. Here is my response to Sunday's prompt for the Week 2 Group Challenge! https://thehumanelectric.wordpress.com/2022/02/05/wellness-journal-2-5-2022/

Jenn
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 599 Member
    @conleywoods it was me with the dry skin! Thanks for the suggestion, that product sounds awesome.

I got an unplanned tricep workout in this morning via scraping the layer of ice off of my car. :)
    But I ended the day with some crazy eating, ugh. I'm trying to devise a new visual motivation tool/tracker of some sort. Maybe a rewards system. Or a big calendar of some sort in my kitchen.

I did get grocery shopping done today, and a bunch of meal prep as well. That makes my Sunday a lot easier. I'll do some baked dishes tomorrow. I am actually hoping for a short winter at this point because the snow really makes my walking harder, and I am going to get back into jogging/running this year. (the sooner the better!)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    It has been a mixed bag for the end of this week. Some gains, some losses - and some emotions!

@veronica1359 if you are like me, bread seems to have a huge effect! It makes me gain way more than the number of calories seems it should. But water might be part of it as well. Try some experiments over the next couple of weeks - put in bread for 2 days and see what happens, then take it away, all while staying around the same number of calories. It is always interesting to be your own experiment.

I got home and then had a complete pigging out episode this evening - the emotional eating bear came to visit, but it is going out the door now. Tomorrow will be back to routines! I did have a good but short snowshoe late this afternoon on my new snowshoes - it was wonderful! But then I came in and consumed a ridiculous number of calories. Tomorrow is a new day.

Week 2 starts tomorrow! Last call for our final 3 weigh-ins!

@gak71
    @MandiSaysHey
    @graceojo999

I'll do more catching up after doing the tallies in the morning. So glad to be home!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    happy Sunday! after my conscientious beginning - posting here - my day went to hell. Can't even explain how or why, just my expectations for the day to spend some time for me working on a years long sewing project got derailed by others. Was so frustrated I could've screamed or cried. Ate poorly. Texted with a good friend who helped turn things around to a laugh. Today I'm going to just put away the project for another time, take a page from @happimess01 and CLEAN and another page from @Kali225 and PREP for the week. And try to return to just shrugging and laughing about the day to day chaos... it's not forever. The food story here: Dad needs help with all meals, Mum on a feeding tube but needing to supplement & eat 1000 calories a day (fortunately she's now taking ownership of that and I don't have to chase her) and the blasted cat needs very specific food due to allergies and I discovered yesterday that what I thought was one remaining box is something else...running around to find his food today. And the laugh here too is monitoring everyone to ward off constipation - even the cat!!! Happily another food story is feeding the birds (& squirrels)...a pair of ravens have joined the feast this year...they come for the suet I toss on the ground for the gang of 7 crows.
    @jugar glad you made it home safe and you've got snowshoes to play with!
    have a good day to all of you.
  • jugar
    Happy Sunday!

We might not have had our most spectacular week as a team, but we still squeaked into the top 3! I guess the whole group had a bit of the February doldrums.

@eggfreak I'm amazed that you are here at all with so much to take care of - and I'm also glad that you are here and hope it helps. I hit the post-helping-take-care-of-dad skids yesterday, and thought of you as I indulged in ice cream :grimace: and cheered your courage and power. Today is CLEAN and PREPPED. And there is lots of snow to get out and play in. I hope you get a good day too!

@lonestarbabe thanks for getting Week 2 off to a great start! Sunday people reminder is late, but better than never :sweat_smile:
    @YinxFed
    @twdempsey
    @graceojo999
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @deniners2 (congrats on hitting the leaderboard for last week's loss!!)
    @Terytha
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,052 Member
    Sunday weigh-in:

PW - 187.3
    CW - 188.1

Ashley @ashleycarole86 Do you mind if I skip out of this week's step/exercise report and start again with tomorrow's tally?
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @happimess01 Hey - that's okay, you inspire me on maintenance too! I take weeks like that too where I eat at maintenance (or days of it) and I think it's a good skill to be able to transition between the two while you're losing.

@YinxFed Absolutely, not a problem at all. Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. The loss of a beloved pet is so hard, and a sidelining injury doesn't help with the January doldrums. I like your upcoming plan for tomorrow and I hope it keeps up for you.

@metaphysicalstudio I checked out the blog.. neat!

Brad is making some breakfast for us and then we're off to Kananaskis for a snowshoe day. Weather is back to gorgeous here!

2/4 exercise:
    8313 steps + 31 minutes Peloton
    2/5 exercise
    10606 steps + 79 minutes Peloton + 20 minute boxing footwork (counted in steps) + 30 minutes total body strength
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    7nK2.gif

We've made it through the first week of February! Click on the link below to see this past week's results -

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

dcx0j7yq187m.png
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    2/4 exercise: 11444 steps + 60 minutes Orangetheory (25 minutes treadmill and 35 minutes weightlifting, rowing, stretching. Fitbit gave me 4229 steps for it).

2/5 steps: 16117
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Steps
    Sun 8,076
    45 min lift
    Mon 13,178
    Tues 15,236
    Wed 13,204
    Thurs 15,877
    30 min Barre
    Fri 6,239
    Sat 8,081
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Did not get in as much movement as I hoped this week. Oh well!

Wednesday: 48 minute walk + 6384 steps
    Thursday: 2444 steps
    Friday: 51 minutes elliptical + 15 minutes weightlifting + 10186 steps
    Saturday: 65 minutes elliptical + 12796 steps
    Sunday: 6476 steps

Jenn
  • jugar
    deniners2 wrote: »
    PW 151.5
    CW 150.5

I had a calorie deficit all week, but this is all my body pulled off. But I’ve lost over 10 pounds this year.

I am getting to my goal of spending 75% of the year under 148.

Wonderful! You followed up a week of being in our top 3 losers to still losing again! Fabulous job - and keeping up the consistency that will get you to your goal! :smiley:
    Pw 180.8
    Cw 177.4

There's the Vikki we all know and love! Yes!!!

@YinxFed sorry you have been off track for a bit - it is so good to see you back and ready to pull the stupid wagon back onto the track and head off in the right direction. Good plan, now execute! Hugs to you.

@ashleycarole86 Please leave me off the step/exercise roster for last week because my tracker died and I had no charger with me. Now I'm home, back on the snowshoes and will be updating all the info for this week!

Monday lineup! Get ready to hit the scales -
    @Waifer003
    @DD265
    @kdblpn

Still waiting for a couple of Sunday people:
    @twdempsey
    @graceojo999

Be sure to keep the plans and goals in mind - adjust and tweak as needed! This week's looking back/going forward challenge is a good chance to recalibrate.
This discussion has been closed.