Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,016 Member
    What a cold day for Valentine's around here! Brrrrrr - even I am feeling extra cold today. I walked to the mailbox instead of snowshoeing today. The snow is so crunchy right now that snowshoeing is really loud, and that makes it less lovely, for sure. So I decided to do the mailbox run - it's a couple of miles round trip that I extended by forgetting the mailbox key and having to backtrack a good half mile. It was windy and really cold, so it was head down, scarf up, and wishing I had put a pair of those little handwarmer packets into my mittens! Got the steps in for the day, though, and they were fast.

@ashleycarole86 don't worry about splashing a little bit of red into the week, especially if you have planned it as a maintenance week anyhow. We just aim to average 1 pound each - and it looks like several people have already done their extra to keep the average up! Next week you'll be doing payback :wink:

I hope everyone is well or recovering, able to spend a few minutes with the feet up, and finding something to smile about.
  • jugar
    Monday night reminders - a nice short list :smiley:
    @kdblpn
    @Kali225

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Happy Tuesday all.

I am irritable - I can't find the brackets for a blind that was supposed to be put up in the bathroom today and will need to order replacements. The two living room blinds (well, one full blind and one bracket!) will get fitted, but the remainder of the painting is paused due to the weather not allowing them to make the frame outside for the stairs. We have fitted the other blinds ourselves, but OH dislikes drilling into the lintels. We'll be able to make the roman blind for the living room this weekend as the bracket will be up, so that's progress at least!

We crammed a lot in to today's workout; after warming up we did wall-supported handstands. They were easier than expected with the main challenge being confidence walking my feet up the wall as I didn't have a lot of grip, but really it's just there for support. Shoulder stability was good! Then we did some resistance band work, deadlifts (up to 60kg) just because, overhead press where I managed 30kg - I had a mental block on the 35kg as my wrists/grip was fatigued by then - followed by unpleasant massages of the hip flexors and right shoulder. I told C we couldn't be friends, and that he was much kinder to OH than me. :D

We had crepes for tea last night which were lovely. Whilst it looks like quite a light meal, I was full afterwards and (partly due to still being ill, I think) didn't snack at all which is unusual, though I'm very hungry this morning. Tonight we're either going to have BBQ ribs or breaded haddock, both from the freezer - I suspect OH will want the ribs and they're higher calorie so I'll allow for those.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hey Liselyn, can you move me to the maintenance zone ( Range would be 172 lbs - 177 lbs)? I am not eating in a deficit these days, will reevaluate beginning of March. Thanks!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    2/14 exercise: 9986 steps + 60 minutes Orangetheory (15 minutes treadmill and 45 minutes rowing, weightlifting, stretching. Fitbit gave me 3516 steps).
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,121 Member
    2/14 exercise:

7687 steps + 11 minutes Peloton + 29 minutes strength

Will have the step report later today :)
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Happy Tuesday!

@ashleycarole86 I would be happy to share what I did to find friends as an introvert during the pandemic. As soon as the pandemic hit I organized a weekly zoom check-in for friends and people in the community. I posted the meeting on social media and asked people to share it with others who might be interested. That immediately introduced me to a lot of people, and I kept this up for a few months until I realized that the people in this group were not really like-minded. Some of them were my dear friends, but I saw that they weren’t really “my people” (you learn a lot about your friends during a pandemic, for sure). So, I starting looking for like-minded folks. I contacted some friends who I knew were, and they connected me with more friends. I met a woman at a kids’ birthday party who I suspected was like-minded and come to find out, she had a group that meets once a week. I began to network and now I am in 8 local groups (I’m not kidding). I have never in my life, ever, had so many friends. I try to go out once or twice a week, and I do virtual meetings, too. One of them is here in MFP, believe it or not. I also feel that I truly manifested what I wanted. I affirmated that I would meet my people, and I envisioned it…and the universe brought it to me quickly. Very quickly. It was amazing. Sounds woo-woo, and it was.

@jugar Congrats on exceeding 10k every day! What an accomplishment!

@eggfreak Sending you some healing energy. Sounds like you’ve had a rough few days here. I found that punishing myself and trying to scare myself has not worked; I hope that you find a compassionate way forward that does work for you!

For the super bowl we had a super hero movie party (we don’t really watch sports), and my daughter loved it. For Valentine’s Day, my husband got me some sparkling water…ha! I said I didn’t want anything, and he listened. The water was good and reminded me to stay hydrated!

I have a work meeting in a few minutes and then I am looking forward to getting in some cardio. Cardio seems to be what my body craves in the winter (usually I am a weightlifting kind of gal). Crush those goals, team!

2/13: 56 minute elliptical + 9550 steps
    2/14: 40 minutes indoor cycling + 2898 steps (my fitbit is broken so that’s the readout I got)

Jenn
  • jugar
    Wild Wednesday Women! Are you ready? Your day is coming :smiley:

@PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @AshenMoon

See you there!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hi! I’m still here. Was feeling bad today fearful something was wrong. But I did some exercises to rest my nervous system and it helped. I don’t think I have a kidney infection or appendicitis. It seems much better. Hope it stays that way. I hate having a feeling of massive stress. Like, stop body!!!! Get yourself together. I will be so glad when I’m on the other end of this. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Took the little one to the playground today. It was good to get out.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    CW: 145

I gained this week due to overeating after I lost weight last week. This is why I avoid weighing myself: I self-sabotage when I see that I am losing weight. Oh well! I got in plenty of exercise. I am not going to avoid weighing in any longer; I am going to keep addressing my fears and triggers. Have a great week!

Jenn
  • jugar
    I gained this week due to overeating after I lost weight last week. This is why I avoid weighing myself: I self-sabotage when I see that I am losing weight. Oh well! I got in plenty of exercise. I am not going to avoid weighing in any longer; I am going to keep addressing my fears and triggers. Have a great week!

Jenn

This is a great moment. I almost always do the same thing - a good loss=freedom! time to eat more! yay! I'm such a good girl! But that sure does not work. ONE free day maybe. One lovely little moment of loose (well planned!) and then back to what works. You know you feel better then, right?

Last night my niece celebrated 2 years clean with her NA group. It was online, so I got a chance to see her speak to the group, and it was amazing. She said one thing (among many!) that we all need to remember. Just because you want it, you don't have to have it. She put it way cooler than that, but the power of not having to cater to your every want is one that helped her a lot. Live with the want for a bit, and it passes.

So weigh yourself, live with the number for a bit, ask what the information means and what is the best action. Then the wanting rules a bit less hard. Hugs to you! I love your reflections on this - addressing fears and triggers is something we all keep working at. :heart:
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    I had a new soup at lunch time today. I wasn't 100% sure I was going to like it but it was very tasty! I couldn't get mixed pulses, so used half chickpeas and half lentils.
    Chillied Sweetcorn Soup

Prep: 0:15
    Cook: 2-3 hours
    Serves: 4

1 tablespoon sunflower oil
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 orange pepper, cored. deseeded and diced
    100 g frozen sweetcorn, thawed
    1 garlic clove, finely chopped
    Large pinch of crushed dried red chillies
    ½ teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    410 g can mixed pulses, drained
    400 g can chopped tomatoes
    150 ml vegetable stock
    2 teaspoons brown sugar
    Salt and pepper

Preheat the slow cooker if necessary. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes, stirring, until softened.

Stir in the orange pepper, sweetcorn, garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute.
    Add the pulses, tomatoes, stock, sugar and a little salt and pepper and bring
    to the boil.

Pour the mixture into the slow cooker pot, cover with the lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until cooked through. Spoon into bowls and serve.

The two living room blinds are up (one is still brackets only until the weekend) and the brackets for the bathroom blind are here for when they come back. They've also said that they'll do any bits of touching up so that saves me a job and I will pass them my list. ;)

I was supposed to be running with a friend this evening but stormy weather has hit so I've suggested we try the morning instead. The forecast looks better and hopefully it will stay that way. Instead I'll get a few extra bits done at home; there's plenty to be getting on with. I did make it out for some fresh air at lunch time so I don't feel too guilty.
This discussion has been closed.