Waistaways Team Chat - February 2022

Options

Replies

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods sorry about all the stress! Great that you are getting some movement in and trying to adjust for the tough streak.

@ashleycarole86 to quote Adriene of Yoga With Adriene on youtube, "the hardest part is showing up!" Always!!! Once I/you/we get started, it's off to the races.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    2/7 exercise:
    9015 steps + 46 minutes Peloton + 20 minutes boxing basics (included in steps)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    @Kali225 Falling on your butt because of ice, and into a puddle - yikes!! Thursday is the 1 year anniversary of the surgery I had on my butt because of a fall on an icy stair, so I'm glad you are not badly hurt - or at least hope so :grimace: I think your neighbour needs a good talking to... or the weather gods. or both
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    2/6 steps: 13867
    2/7 exercise: 11403 + 60 minutes Orangetheory (25 minutes treadmill + 35 minutes weightlifting, rowing, stretching. Fitbit gave me 4327 steps).

I'm dealing with some pretty bad foot pain from switching over to the zero drop shoes. It's got me pretty discouraged - I don't want to switch back to other shoes and I really enjoy pushing my speed on the treadmill when I'm sprinting. But things aren't getting better, so I'm going to have to do something 😫
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,082 Member
    Options
    @kellie_erin don't give up on the shoes, but be sure to stretch a LOT and start with maybe 10 minutes on the treadmill, then put your old shoes back on for the rest of the time. After a few days, go up to 15 minutes, etc. It is quite an adjustment, but I think it is worth it for sure. It sounds like you may have started with too long at a time - you'll get there!

@Kali225 - I want to hear reports of some violin sounds at your house! It is a hard instrument, but so beautiful. I have a Scottish friend who runs amazing "slow sessions" for learning traditional fiddle tunes. She is amazing - and you just play along without being heard by everyone at the session. Give it a try at insideoutmusician.com - the slow sessions are in the list of courses and they run quite frequently. Even if you don't aim to play that kind of music, she gives all kinds of ideas and encouragement so that you'll just want to play a lot more :smiley:

I had a great snowshoe round today - on the fabulous new (used) snowshoes my sister gave me. I'm getting used to their ways now and love them! I hit the "top of the world" (highest spot on the property) - and was treated to a sparkling view of the nearby lake, and one of those spectacular large bird take-off prints in the snow - all the wing feathers make their mark as the bird lifts off, and they are gorgeous. My own photo did not come out so well, but this is a lot like it -
    b0elezlqljut.png

So let's all take off into the rest of the week! Wednesday is always a big day for us, and here are the folks who make it roll:

@PlaneMonkey
    @MoStacy
    @metaphysicalstudio
    @MandiSaysHey
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @AshenMoon

No beating your wings for lift while you're on the scale, now :wink:
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    2/7: 32 minute walk + 23 minutes elliptical + 27 minutes weightlifting + 11160 steps
    2/8: 80 minutes therapeutic yoga + 2846 steps

Jenn
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Fantastic weigh-in @metaphysicalstudio ... take it and run :)
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Finally! My body got with the program, Cw: 228.2!

I've been trying a tactic for treats and such via scheduling them for once on specific days. It's really helped with my emotional eating and cravings in general! We're also two weeks clear of fast food! Though with Superbowl coming we'll probably be having pizza, which I'm a little excited for 😁
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    AshenMoon wrote: »
    Finally! My body got with the program, Cw: 228.2!

I've been trying a tactic for treats and such via scheduling them for once on specific days. It's really helped with my emotional eating and cravings in general! We're also two weeks clear of fast food! Though with Superbowl coming we'll probably be having pizza, which I'm a little excited for 😁

great weigh-in and great strategies!

i also make sure I plan in foods that I know I want so I don't feel deprived and go hunting for them later
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    2/8 exercise:
    10055 steps + 35 minutes shadowboxing (included in steps) + 31 minutes Peloton
This discussion has been closed.