Options
    February 23, 2022 2 pass days used.
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 minutes Shine Dance Fitness
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    ✔︎ 20+ mins exercise (1hr 11min walk and also made time for a few shorter walks throughout the day)
    ✔︎ Within calorie budget
    ✔︎ Log everything

Consistency Tracking (🔥=3 ✔︎'s, 🏴‍☠️=pass):
    🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🏴‍☠️-🔥-🔥
    🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥
    🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥-🔥- 🏴‍☠️-🔥
    🔥-🔥-
    Passes used = 2 / 3

Other habits I’m tracking this month:
    ✔︎ Morning meditation
    📿-📿-📿- ✘ -📿- ✘ - ✘
    📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿
    📿-📿- ✘-📿 -📿-📿-📿
    📿-📿-
    ✔︎ Drink >64oz water
    💧-💧-💧-💧- ✘ -💧-💧
    💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧
    💧- ✘ -💧-💧-💧- ✘ - ✘
    ✘ -💧-

Love all the shares on the mindset/thoughts topic!
    @jjjcat I love your use of "I am" statements. I use them in my meditation mantras, too. So empowering!
    @stayFITTer sounds like we share a lot in common in our mindset approach. I like that you mention being kinder and gentler with yourself, too. One of the mantras I use in meditation is "I treat myself with lovingkindness and compassion." Thanks for sharing the root before fruit quote!
    @lesdarts180 thank you for sharing💗 Thich Nhat Hanh is one of my favorite authors who opened my mind to the concept of mindfulness a few years ago. I'd recommend either the "The Art of Living" or "The Miracle of Mindfulness" if you're looking for a place to start. I also use the free Insight Timer app for meditation. There are hundreds of free guided meditations on the app and also courses on many topics.
    @Mrs_Hoffer staying positive and knowing how to ground yourself sound essential to making those mindset adjustments and great point about this being an ongoing process in life!
    @TerriRichardson112 thank you for sharing! Sounds like positive mindset is a theme😁🧠
    @snowshoe072 I love how you stated: "I have decided that I will work on me I will help you get there also but I can not do it for you." This has been a tough lesson for me with my partner, personally, but I'm finding the more I focus on my own mindset/progress, the better the results are in my life and my relationships, too.
    @ideas2 Thanks for sharing - mindset really has been key for me with my weight, too. Your hobbies sound fun! (I make kombucha and garden myself!)

Thanks everyone for engaging posts on the topic! I really enjoyed reading them.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Feb 23:

✅✅✅ exercise today was cleaning house and doing laundry! I was glad that I had taken today off work as well.... I need a day off when I come back from vacation just to catch up! Lol. Back to work tomorrow!
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Lower body strength.
    I read through all the great responses while at my sons pickle ball lesson, but now I’m in bed and too tired to add my thoughts. I really appreciated all the insight on the topic!
  • rashel1
    rashel1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    2/23, 2/22, 2/21

Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    0 passes remain
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    another pass day
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    Wonderful opening post today @makattack220 🌷
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,111 Member
    Options
    Wednesday February 23

Pass day #3
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    2/23/2022
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -
    Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    2 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-P-7-P-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    2/23

Exercise: 55 minutes weight training, 45 minutes elliptical, 50 minutes stretching and PT exercises
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 2
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    Thank you @makattack220 !!

🧠Do you have established habits or are you working on any habits that involve changing your mindset or thought patterns?

Yes, established habits, gradually identified, practiced, and honed over the past 6 years 2 months. No new ones currently.

🧠Have you found that mindset work has been important in your health/wellness/fitness journey?

Yes, absolutely. Identifying my “Big Why?” was instrumental. That led to “Health First”
    That led to losing weight, walking 10K daily, only eating home-cooked, sleep, ending worrying, develop interests that “fill me”, macros/micros. And tons more.

So yes, having an overwhelmingly powerful reason for WHY (ie a mindset)!we are doing all this was/is key for me. I am a person who loves my daily hikes and my delicious, healthy meals. I am a person who creates daily & celebrates life/nature. I am a person who doesn’t worry, but takes action or relaxes instead. I am a successful maintainer. [1st time I’ve ever said that.]

As I was walking to get my every 2 month labs today, I thought “Well, congratulations, you’ve done everything you could have.” And smiled. I have made astounding changes in the past month.

And, lo & behold, the results of the lab tests showed every. Single. Improvement.

Best kidney function I’ve had since transplant. Always good, but this was stellar.

Lowest cholesterol numbers ever. Ditto triglycerides. Plus losing 6 lbs. plus eating Tons of freggies. Slashing saturated fat is helping along with low dose statin.

#HealthFirst

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,027 Member
    Options
    Exercise - no
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - no, but close.
    Passes: all used
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Feb 23
    Exercise: 40 minutes walk in a beautiful spring-feeling day!
    Tracking: Did not plan ahead because we didn't decide dinner plan the night before. But I tracked ahead of each meal and got to a total that worked.
    Calories: Under

Mindset.

I think I have lucked into a usually positive mindset. My main work at the moment is trying to strike the balance at work between doing my best to bring things forward and not making myself obnoxious and/or frustrated by trying to change things that can't change (or not yet). Probably at home too, same thing. "I am a person who makes things happen for the better" can actually be a problem sometimes, I am learning. Sometimes you need to be a person who steps back and lets things not happen.

For food, I think I am also lucky that the weight I need to lose did not come from patterns of emotional eating that I am needing to untangle. That sounds like a real challenge. I ate pretty healthily until I gained over half my body weight during a pregnancy with hyperemesis. I could only eat white foods or I would vomit, and if I didn't eat every 2 hours I would vomit. That was over 10 years ago (my daughter is about to turn 10).

I think since then the mindset has been prioritizing myself enough to take the time needed to eat lower calorie - which really does take some time. But, I honestly think I was in that mindset earlier, and it took kids getting older, switching jobs, old dog dying to have the bandwidth to actually put it into practice.

Just writing this out has reminded me what a gift it is to be able to prioritize myself in this way, and that is a mindset shift - not that I "have to" eat healthy and don't "get to" eat whatever junk the kids are eating. But that I don't "have to" eat whatever junk the kids are eating, but I "get to" make myself a nutritious meal that moves me towards my goals.

Hey, thanks, @makattack220 ! Great topic.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    ~💖~ 2 / 23 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 210+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 26,070 +.......... 180 = walking ......... 30 cleaning

foot feeling much better... so gonna try getting back to my normal walking
    routine of 180 min. a daily during the week & 150 min on weekend
    Still using a slower pace tho...

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1 = ( P )

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-( P )-20-21-22-23

💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,714 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3!
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    What a terrific post @makattack220 ! I turned 60 this year, and during my lifetime, I have also had to adjust my mindset quite a few times. I've learned over the years not to dwell on negativity - it doesn't do any good..... and it only brings ME down! ;)

Whenever I begin to feel "out of sorts", I find that spending time in prayer and reading my Bible helps me to feel grounded again.

Same here- prayers and reading my Bible has really help my mindset.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    February 23, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No(18 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (18 days)

Pass day 4/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    love💗love💗 these shares!
    Thank you @makattack220 !!

🧠Do you have established habits or are you working on any habits that involve changing your mindset or thought patterns?

Yes, established habits, gradually identified, practiced, and honed over the past 6 years 2 months. No new ones currently.

🧠Have you found that mindset work has been important in your health/wellness/fitness journey?

Yes, absolutely. Identifying my “Big Why?” was instrumental. That led to “Health First”
    That led to losing weight, walking 10K daily, only eating home-cooked, sleep, ending worrying, develop interests that “fill me”, macros/micros. And tons more.

Amazing, inspiring post @MadisonMolly2017 ! Thank you for sharing. I especially love the "gradually identified, practiced" habits as I very much identify with this part of the process in my own journey right now. So encouraging to hear from those who have been/are going through the same!

@Caroline_slowandsteady love this: "have to" vs "get to" and striking a balance. Thanks for sharing!!

We really have such an amazing group of people here - thank you all for sharing!💗🧠