Welcome to Fit 'n' 50+

Options
Please share your fitness tips, recipes, remedies for aches and pains, hacks for leading a healthy lifestyle, and motivational quotes. Here's mine: Win the morning ... win the DAY!

Replies

• ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't been back to Myfitnesspal for more than a year, I'm happy to be back- I was 60 back in July and have thyroid from way back. So, struggling with no weight loss, even did really well with the holiday eating. I'm happy to be here- Big trip in May and wedding in July so time to get busy
  • JulesNaka
    JulesNaka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I am back from taking a break too. Worked really well for me a year ago and kept me accountable. I'm ready to get back to it. Glad you're here for the ride!!
  • SomeMFPuser
    SomeMFPuser Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dropping in to say hi.

Halfway through my 50's. Been ups/downs since I first joined in 2014. Fortunately, mostly ups.

I've had a few different accounts over the years.

If anyone wants to add me to their list, please feel free.
  • CyndiLynnGrant
    CyndiLynnGrant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm creeping up into my mid-50s, and it hurts. I have recently been diagnosed with RA and have just started taking methotrexate. I have lost 19.5 pounds since the end of December, hoping that I am heading to a weight that is gentler on my joints. I have sixtyish pounds to go. The pain I endure taxes my mental well-being as much as it has my physical body. I hope that the MFP app keeps me accountable. I have to see what I have eaten in correlation with what that means in calories to stay on track.

• SomeMFPuser
    SomeMFPuser Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm creeping up into my mid-50s, and it hurts. I have recently been diagnosed with RA and have just started taking methotrexate. I have lost 19.5 pounds since the end of December, hoping that I am heading to a weight that is gentler on my joints. I have sixtyish pounds to go. The pain I endure taxes my mental well-being as much as it has my physical body. I hope that the MFP app keeps me accountable. I have to see what I have eaten in correlation with what that means in calories to stay on track.

RA is challenging. My wife is on monthly injections for it. Her losing weight had helped somewhat as well.
  • ellenecoxcox75
    ellenecoxcox75 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dr. jumped up my Thyroid meds to try and jump start my metabolism. Having a few side effects, but not seeing any results as of yet. Need to get some movement going to help. Start logging regular, then more.