Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

jugar
jugar Posts: 10,015 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
jql00y8t5urf.png

Here is your Team chat room for March 2022. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed!

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @TheMrWobbly

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @peng123 & @MeowScout
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71 & @trooworld
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28

HOW IT ALL WORKS: March runs from February 27 - April 2nd! F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard!

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Username:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hello Team Mission Slimpossibles!! Welcome to all our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am so glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with Mark (@broncobuddee) The Mission Slimpossibles also have two wonderful motivators, @trooworld and @Katmary71, who help keep our team supported and chatty!

:star: Stuff you need to know! :star:
    PLEASE read the opening post so that you know the format to use when recording your weekly weight. Our team captain, @broncobuddee will be putting your weight into the spreadsheet so please tag him if you need to move your weigh-in day or have other weight logging questions. Also please feel free to post your all-time losses as well and that way we can celebrate with you when you hit a big milestone.

2) Check-ins
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community and we are stronger together!

:star:Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I will be turning 56 in just a few short days. I live in Georgia with my incredible husband, my mom, and our fur baby Maggie Mae. I am the church secretary for my small church as well as their janitress. I also volunteer to teach with our children’s ministries, and I co-lead our women’s ministry.

I’ve been striving for a healthy weight for most of my life and am determined to never give up on my dream of getting to a healthy goal weight and staying there! I’m a huge fan of Marty Kendall of Optimising Nutrition and plan to follow his approach to eating by doing a high protein, low carb, and moderate fat diet. I also enjoy working out using Beachbody on Demand. My favorite workout programs are the ones that do a lot of weight-bearing exercises.

As your captain, I promise to remain available and supportive! This group means so much to me as does the success of each one of you. Please feel free to add me as a friend and message me any time. <3

OK…your turn to share! :)

yqgfz0in4fnm.jpg

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    Week 1 Group Challenge for March is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb. 27th. Hope to see you there, helping us celebrate our NSVs (Non-scale victories)!

Here's the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10857561/march-week-1-group-challenge-nsvs#latest
  • annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    Hi All,
    My name is Ann. I am originally from Boston and now live near Sanford, NC. An artist, writer, and curator, my art has been exhibited and published nationally and internationally. An activist by nature, my work often responds to situations, both personal and public, with a special emphasis on the many cultural influences interacting throughout our world.

I’ve spent most of my life battling weight. I had COVID in February 2021 and it left me with Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR) in both hips and wrists. After refusing 2-3 years on a steroid treatment, I went to physical therapy, then a two month ‘Exercise as Medicine’ program and reduced my pain significantly. At my highest weight I was 217. Now, I’m at 178.8 and seem to have plateaued there.

I’m hoping this challenge, along with the American Cancer Society 40 Mile March (walk 40 miles in the month of March) for colorectal cancers will help me overcome this plateau.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thank you for providing this opportunity.
    Ann F.

• MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 593 Member
    Username: MOUNNTAINMERMAIDCO
    Weigh In Day: SATURDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 02/19 165.4
    CW (Current Weight): 02/26 161.2

My weigh Day is Saturday , Today!
    So posting early , We All start tomorrow?
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,900 Member
    Hello Team Mission Slimpossibles!!
    I am currently maintaining my goal weight of 130 (127-133 range) for nearly 3 years. From my top weight of 220 in 2001, it took me about a year to lose the weight. I've bounced up and down (like 20-30 pounds up/down) over the years but since 2019 I have been finally able to maintain in a really tight range.
    I'm 65, I work full time as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory, I walk every day on my lunch hour and in the summer I commute to/from work on a bicycle (about 11 miles round trip for the shortest route). My daily tasks for the Fat2Fit March challenge are
    • Track Food & Stay in Range (1450-1600 calories)
    • Walk an average of 5.5+ miles/day for my Walk The Year goal of 2022 miles this year
    • Do 5+ virtual miles every day on the stationary bike (until I can ride outside on the REAL bike)
    • Eat 5+ servings of freggies
    • Stretch for at least 10 min
    My "official" weigh in day is Wednesday, but I weigh myself every day so I can post on Sunday if that is easier for team record keeping.

Username: MICAROO4
    Weigh In Day: WEDNESDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 02/23 129.4
    CW (Current Weight): 02/27 129.4
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    Username: MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    Weigh In Day: SATURDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 02/26 161.4
    CW (Current Weight): 02/27 162.8
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hi everyone, my name is Laurel. I am 64 years old and live in Alberta. I am a mom of 5: 4 adult kids, one fur baby who is super active and helps me get in my daily steps and I have two amazing grand kiddos ♥️.
    I have been on a weight loss journey for what feels like forever! In the last 12 months I have lost 26 lbs and I have about 5 pounds to lose, to get to goal weight. Really hoping to get this last bit off in the month of March!
    Throughout this journey I have discovered that I absolutely love working out at the gym, spin classes are my favourite but I do get in a couple of weight classes a week too! I typically work out at the gym four days a week, the other days I try to maintain at least 10,000 steps and with my little pup that usually isn’t an issue lol.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@tammymccrady6278 I hate when the scale does not reflect my hard work. I feel cheated. Just keep doing what you are doing and I bet next week you will have a great loss. Hugs.

@kkay2345 Welcome to the team!

@laurelfit57 Yes! And yes to first thing in the morning...no excuses that way. Yeah, I stop at about 3:30-4:00 but still am up all night running to the bathroom lol. Oh gosh, do you think you should go to the doctor? Head injuries are nothing to mess with. I'm sorry that happened.

@bgame4 I'm glad you had a nice low-key day. My Sunday is going to be like that, I hope. Nice work on your goals!

@FushiaKat Great job with the goals! Yes, I find the Zero-Sugar PB cups either at Walmart in small bags or I just bought a 2 lb bag on Amazon which made it cheaper. You don't get many in the Walmart bags. They are really good and you can't tell they are sugar-free, which kind of makes them dangerous lol.

@annflaherty1 Hi Ann. I'm an artist, too, although my work has just been exhibited in Southern California. I would love to see your work, do you have a website? I'm glad you found something to reduce your pain.

@MOUNNTAINMERMAIDCO Congrats on the loss!

@micaroo4 Those are great goals. Way to maintain your loss!

@19shmoo69 Congrats on the loss!

Hello Slims! I am one of your Team Motivators along with the lovely @Katmary71. I live in Southern California along with my husband and pampered pug. I am on WW and track my food via that app but love to come here and visit with the MFP community. I am in my early 50s but have not been overweight all of my life. I gained weight in my mid-20s and have had a hard time getting it off, mostly due to my poor choices but I'm working on that. In my spare time (the little I have lol), I like to make art, do photography, read, and hang out with friends. I look forward to interacting with all of you.

My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Exercise 3 days a week - No
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 25 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2022
    Username: walela617
    Weigh In Day: SUNDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 165.0 (02/20/22)
    CW (Current Weight): 163.0 (02/27/22)

Hello, fellow "Slimpossibles"!

My name is Carole. I grew up in Cambridge, Massachusetts and have worked mostly in Boston but now I'm back in Cambridge less than a mile from where I grew up! I am currently working for Mass General Brigham Corporate after looking for a job for over 21 months. My 64th birthday will be August 18, 2022. I live in an apartment in the metro Boston area with my 15 year old female tabby cat, "Mimichou". I have one son who is 38 years old and married (living in Cambridge).

My all-time highest weigh-in was February 29, 2008 at 217 lbs. I have lost and gained literally hundreds of pounds since then (more in my profile), but now I am feeling highly focused and positive. I believe that Fat2Fit and Mission Slimpossibles will be a great fit for me! Stronger TOGETHER!

I am so grateful to share this journey with you!

Have a great week!
    0c81hpon9egh.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    @laurelfit57 - Oh no! The aftereffects of your fall sound painful. Hope you are better today.

@TeresaW1020 - maybe re-post the 30 day challenge we are doing in case any new members want to join us?

I'm Lisa, in my 50s, live in NE FL with my husband. Our two kids are away at college. We also have a fur baby, a little poodly guy name Mojo who has been in poor health since Jan. I've been up and down with weight since the freshman 15 and losing at this age has been the most challenging ever. I've been part of this group for well over a year and I could not do without the support and encouragement! My favorite exercise right now is step aerobics. I like to read and enjoy nature.

Welcome all new members- looking forward to you being here!!!

Spring challenge is going OK. Attitude is good. Level of snacking a bit too high, level of veggies a bit too low over the weekend, but not anything too crazy bad. I'm very proud that I have not gone off the rails with eating and exercise due to the stressy situation with the dog. He is doing OK still. A friend told me "he's just not ready to go yet". I think she's right. I didn't expect him to fight this hard. It's impressive.

Happy Sunday!

Lisa
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hi Team,
    My name is Kathryn I go by Kat for short. I've been overweight since puberty. It's been a struggle, I did reach my goal weight of 145 11 years ago, then I got sick and gained 100 pounds, my highest weight was 245. I have not been able to maintain any weight loss and I'm learning how to do that using MFP. I love counting calories. I've been married 32 years and I just turned 62. We have 7 Rescue Cats that are a handful to take care of. I am Chronically ill with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and the occasional migraine and brain fog thrown in for good measure, I'm doing my best to lose weight with what little exercise and movement I can do.

Since joining MFP last August I've lost 47.3 pounds. I love being on this team, the support and suggestions are awesome. I feel blessed to be here.

I'm posting yesterday's Spring Challenge and last week's weigh in so it's easier for me to keep up.

My Spring Challenge commitment is: (Yesterday's Update)
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw = I read All Creatures Great and Small today and I used my Scroll saw for a little while too
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps. 3650 steps today so far.
    3) Weigh everyday - 170.7

(Last week's weight 2-22-2022)
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW. 173.2
    CW. 170.7
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    results-design-power-name.gif

Can't believe I'm typing this, but we've completed yet another month of our F2F challenge! You can find all of the results from the previous week, as well as the full month, below:

Here's a sneak peek of how your team did...

Last Week -
    zhb9mueizyhk.png

Month of February -
    qlhparj250p2.png

• MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    edited February 2022
    HELLO TEAM!

I'll be 70 years young on 03/07. I've been over weight All My Life! I struggle everyday!
    I live in North Central Colorado! I Co-own a small Contract Sewing Company ( 25 years). Our biggest client is a Veterinary Supply Company, we sew for them, Dog Muzzles, Cat muzzles, Cat restraint Bags, Surgical Drapes and Wrappers, All sorts of products a Vet would use. I am blessed to be Healthy! with just now in my old age , blood pressure causing a minor hiccup!
    I have a furbaby MAX short for Maxine! and Brother Husbands Paul & Sylvan.
    I Love walking, and was an avid Stepper until the damn Covid, and cancellation of classes!
    I would Kill to weigh 155 and learn to Maintain that weight! I'm close! All things are Possible!

LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

won8rmcf4fy3.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 141.4
    CW. 140.2

Super happy with this after eating out 5 days last week! At best I was hoping I would stay the same, but I really thought I would’ve gained a pound last week.
  • laurelfit57
    @micaroo4 I am excited to hear that you have reached and maintained your goal weight for three years! I am about the same age as you and am only about 5 lbs away from my goal weight. I was very interested to read your info as I have been yo-yo dieting most of my adult life and I have no idea what maintaining looks like. May I ask, did you figure out your daily calorie intake or was it suggested through MFP?

@cornanda my hat is off to you for doing step aerobics! I am so uncoordinated and offbeat, half the time I feel like I am going to fall off the step even though I have it on the lowest level🤣. Your little Mojo sounds like such a strong little fellow, but these little poodle types are definitely determined♥️.

Can I just say how much I love Sundays! I don’t get out of bed until about 8 o’clock, I am having a super chill day this Sunday so I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I used my foam roller for about an hour this morning and it really made a difference, I think I will do it again before I go to bed tonight.
    On Sundays, it is not a free-for-all day, I do try to stay within my calories, but I definitely eat more carbs than I do the rest of the week. I have figured out that for me cutting back on carbs is essential for weight loss. I typically have a bowl of oatmeal every morning, except Sundays. I had a couple of my lovely egg Muffins with toast then for lunch I had a Greek pita with tzatziki and fresh veggies.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@laurelfit57 I love Sundays too and yours sounds very lovely! Today is cold and rainy and I’m hoping spring returns soon! :)

Hi Team! Today was a good day. Church was wonderful, which is always a good way to start a new week. Hubby and I went on the hunt for a new quilt for our bed. I had bought one at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and then decided I hated it. So we took that one back and went to Khols and TJ Maxx. I found one, bought it, and now I hate it. :/ It will go back tomorrow. I think I found the perfect one on Amazon, but I’m not holding my breath! It will be here on Tuesday, so stay tuned! :D The scale was up this morning and I’m doubtful it will be down much by weigh-in day tomorrow. I gotta get a grip! but next week is my birthday and my mom is taking me out to Jason's Deli and hubby has some sort of surprise that could involve cake. Oh and I'm having lunch with one of my friends next Friday. This really means I just need to buckle down on the other days and do some extra good workouts.

30 Day Spring Challenge
    Day 10: 191.4 Ugghhhh enchilada chicken chili and cornbread did me in! I had no sugar or snacks, and my workout was walking in and out of stores. :D2022 Word: INTENTIONAL
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 203 Member
    @micaroo4 that is awesome that you have got to your goal aNd maintained it. That is my dream.

@laurelfit57 great job on the los😉
    @FushiaKat awesome loss this week!
    @laurelfit57 oh my I hope you feel better after that fall. Winter sucks that way. I have fell myself this year with the ice.

Well guys I can’t believe it’s the end of February already. Crazy how fast life seems to be moving sometimes. My Sunday is just starting as I’m nights on the weekend. So all I have managed to do is get up have my coffee and read all the posts. I do plan to get my steps in at work. And meet all my spring challenge goals.
    Last night at work I ended up walking up and down the work driveway to get my 6000 steps in lol.

So alittle about me. Well I’m Tammy and I’m 54. I am a Personal Support Worker and have worked privately for over 5 years for the owner of Burnbrae Farms which is the largest egg producer in Canada. I love my job and have worked in several areas of healthcare. My favourite being hospital. I worked on the stroke unit and found it truly inspiring.
    I’m married to a wonderful man who is a chef and have 2 pups and a kitty. I have 2 children and 2 grandkids. Anyway I had better go get my day started so chat later.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    There was not much time for relaxation, I was helping hub with a project most of the day. I did get in some housework. Hub surprised me with a box of Bath Bombs he was going to give me on my birthday but forgot about them. I'm having some anxiety today; hot flashes give me bad anxiety and I've been having a few of those lately maybe that's the reason why. I'm feeling a bit off, I need to find my happy positive self again.

My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw = I used my Scroll Saw today.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps. 2900 steps today so far. I will make 3000 before bedtime.
    3) Weigh everyday - 169.5

@TeresaW1020 it can be hard to find a suitable bedspread, there are so many to choose from. I hope you like the one arriving on Tuesday.

@laurelfit57 Sleeping in is the best. I'm glad you're having a really fun Sunday. Congrats on the loss too and coming in second last week, and third overall for last month. Well done!

@Cornanda Your pup loves you and wants to be with you for as long as possible. Your friend is right, he's not ready to leave you just yet. I'm glad you're not too far off tack, with all the stress you are under it would be easy to just throw up your hands and give in.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO and @walela617 Welcome to the team.
  • annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    Where did the habit tracker go? Went to fill in and it is only for team downsizers. Please advise. Thx.
This discussion has been closed.