Introductions!

Options

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa. 43 and this is my first challenge. While I have been incorporating more activity and exercise into my life and trying to eat fewer calories, I struggle with consistency: I work out with a trainer there days a week, but I do very little on the off days; or I stick to my calories during the week but the wheels come off the wagon at the weekend. So I am happy to find a forum to keep me accountable every day for the whole month. Good luck to everyone!

@Cowphilosopher WELCOME Lisa! I think we have a few people who have the same struggles that you mention.... For me, I've found that I HAVE to have some kind of "routine" on the weekends (albeit, a little less structured than my weekday routine), because weekends do seem to be more difficult. Pre-planning and pre-logging my weekend meals and snacks (especially!) seems to help me. Good luck to YOU!! We can do this!! ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    It's always nice to see so many of our regulars popping in to introduce themselves! WELCOME BACK!
    I'm glad that you're here as well!

@jmu1965
    @TerriRichardson112
    @enlightenme3
    @BMcC9
    @ideas2
    @donna25trinity
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    It's always nice to see so many of our regulars popping in to introduce themselves! WELCOME BACK!
    I'm glad that you're here as well!

@jmu1965
    @TerriRichardson112
    @enlightenme3
    @BMcC9
    @ideas2
    @donna25trinity

Aww shucks thanks boss. @Mrs_Hoffer Xo
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm Caroline. My first weight loss effort was post-college, losing the weight I had gained from my school's truly excellent dining services desserts. I did weight watchers and learned a lot about nutrition. I lost ~25 pounds in about 6 months and kept it off for ~10 years by weighing myself daily and tracking calories whenever I reached the danger weight (weight watchers changed their rules several times during that time and they no longer made sense to me).

Then I got pregnant and was very sick during pregnancy - the only way to keep from vomiting was to eat every 2 hours and the only things I could eat were white foods and fatty foods. I gained over half my body weight. After having my daughter, who is turning 10 this month, I fairly quickly stabilized at a weight that was 45 pounds above what had been my danger weight pre-pregnancy. I dealt with a miscarriage, infertility treatments, another pregnancy with my son (during which I was better medicated and gained a more reasonable amount of weight). After that pregnancy I again stabilized at that same weight.

I'd been really wanting to lose the "baby weight" but with little kids and a sick older dog, unable to make the time. The kids got older and the dog died. Finally, almost 3 years ago, May 2019, I had a break in between jobs and took some time to reset my life. I started a 15 minutes a day fitness program, MommaStrong, which I am still doing. I developed an eating pattern or routine to lose weight (not willing to count calories yet). By the end of 2019, I'd lost 16 pounds.

The weight loss began to slow and then plateau at 21 pounds lost. In Feb 2021 I decided it was time to try calorie counting and I joined MFP. In August (I think) I joined UAC which has been so inspiring and I've learned so much. With all that I've lost... another 5 pounds.

I think I am currently at the most difficult part of my weight loss journey (though the time when I was pregnant and gaining the weight was definitely the hardest part). Weight loss has become SO hard this last year, and I am not sure why or what I can do to bust through this plateau.
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers!🎉 I joined the UAC on the tail-end of Jan 2022 and just completed my first full month in Feb. This group is a gem: an active, supportive, insightful, encouraging accountability group! I am a long-time MFP user (2012; many periods of daily use to get to goal and then would stop using MFP) but only recently started using the community platform and am so happy I did.

On my most recent MFP reset: I lost 15lbs Feb to July 2021, gained back 10lbs July to Oct 2021 (did not handle the loss of a loved one well and a month later severe ankle injury; truly was struggling emotionally and physically), and pulled myself together in November. Since Nov 2021, I've focused on “the basics”: sleep, water, movement, daily calorie deficit, and mindset/habits. In particular, I’m focusing on my mindset and habits more than ever before. I'm now 17lbs down from SW (which was also all-time high) with 35lbs to GW. I've lost 20lbs and 35lbs in the past, but didn't make sustainable habit or mindset changes in the process either time. My goal now is to get to my GW in a steady, sustainable way for permanent lifestyle change. I'm focused on changing my mindset and being kind with myself whereas before I'd always try to shame and deprive myself into weight loss. I look forward to another month with this incredible group of people!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I've been here since December 2020. This group has helped me do a better job of getting into consistent exercise. Food and loggings aren't much of an issue for me. Unfortunately, I've not done very well the last month due to a couple of unanticipated trips. I should be home until the first of April at which time I have a vacation planned.

Goal for this month is to have zero pass days. I've managed to maintain from March of last year until mid January but my weight has creeped up a few pounds over the last six weeks or so. Not planning to weigh myself until Friday as some of the uptick is likely due to all of the restaurant food this past week.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Julie and this will be my eighth month in the UAC. I am Canadian, and live with my husband on the prairies. 🇨🇦 Our 18 month old standard poodle Beauregard is a hoot and keeps us all laughing (well, except when he is destroying throw pillows or shoes).
    5101ptrzl84k.jpeg

I love to cook and bake and enjoy finding and modifying recipes to create healthy alternatives. My focus for months has been on increasing my protein intake without using supplements. As a person who rarely eats any meat at all, I have found this challenging. I am working on becoming more open to using a protein supplement. Now to find one I can stomach. Any recommendations would be very welcome!

Personally, I am looking forward, every day, to the return of spring. 🌼 I am not great with the freezing cold temperatures and the ice. I walk 10,000+ every day (outdoors is preferable but I am all set up with the treadmill and use it if needs must). I have been adding strength and core training routines to my weekly exercises and don’t yet enjoy any of them. Sticking with it until I do… 😉

Looking forward to the March UAC Challenge.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Chris you are inspiring, as always :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning Chris, I agree that your story is very inspiring! And dont ever feel like you are too "wordy". You have so much experience and insight to offer, especially to newbies..... I always appreciate your input!
  • makattack220
    Options
    I loved reading your post @WhatMeRunning - so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman He is a prince of the Universe :) My DH used to call our dog so
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @jamcnewman He is a prince of the Universe :) My DH used to call our dog so

@Winner_in_Life
    He prefers “Mr Handsome” (given by our training class leader) but will add this new option to the list of ways we lovingly name him. He is off at the groomers this morning (preventative to the disaster we ended up in with him in dreadlocks after two cancelled appointments (Covid)…)

Have a wonderful trip to your husband’s birthplace and stay with friends. It looks like a beautiful city.
  • makattack220
    Options
    I am so excited for this group, I was invited by my friend Mak, “Hi Mak!”

Yay!! Hi Amber! 👋🤗 I am so happy you're here, my friend! This is such a great group of people and I think you'll love it!💗
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @Solagratia25 WELCOME Amber!! We look forward to getting to know you better, and we think that you'll love it here too! And thank you @makattack220 for inviting your friend! <3