Trying to restart

Options
gruiz21
gruiz21 Posts: 10 Member
Hi. I am 74 years old and want to lose 50 lbs. I had lost around 30 lbs with My Fitness and this last year it has all gone to Hades. My 20 year old grand niece, who just moved out, spent a year and half with me and I followed her diet of high carbs and sugar. I want to get back on track but am having a hard time focusing on healthy eating. Hope if I keep checking in I will embarrass myself into better eating and lifestyle.

Replies

• Sunshinegal19
    Sunshinegal19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 61 and had put on over 30 pounds when my parents passed (within 1 week) in 2016. I finally got serious about shedding the extra pounds as my inflammation was soaring. I've now lost 32 pounds. I think the key is healthy eating (plant based) and taking care of yourself through daily exercise. I have a 21 yo and two 16 yo's....so I know about being around the tempting food. Although exercise does not really shed pounds, its key for toning and for me ....fighting inflammation. I also know that on days where I do some exercise, I have better restraint. I think its because I've invested time in myself....and don't want to waste it.
  • YvonnePM
    YvonnePM Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 76 years old. I lost 70 pounds on MFP in the past year. I also joined a Diabetes Prevention Program through the hospital. It was a 12 month program and it ended last week. Still have at least 50 more pounds to go and don't want to go it alone. Exercise is absolutely my problem. Hoping the better weather will assist in that.