Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    After a bit of procrastination, I did go to the gym and burned 215 calories. I always feel better after.

Glad to see so many of you progressing towards your goals. You are so inspiring. 🌞🌞🌞
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    @trooworld Thanks for the encouragement. Some of my goals are quite “easy”, but some days I just need the reminder that I did something!

@Katmary71 Thanks!

I just realized that I am almost ⅔ of the way through this challenge and Spring is nearly here!

30 Day Spring Challenge, Day 18 (3/8):
    1. Get up right away ✅
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✅
    6. Exercise ✅ - yoga before work, then circuit training with my class (one perk of creating my own schedule)
    7. Take a shower ✅

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I read today, almost done with the book.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 3387 steps so far today.
    3) Weigh everyday - 165.1

Today was a better day.

Every day we commit ourselves to be better than the day before. It is very inspiring. Thank you for being such in inspiration. We are learning to be better versions of ourselves. I just want to thank the Team for allowing me to participate.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Hi. Not much going on around here. I did some stress eating yesterday and I'm not proud of myself. I'm planning what I'm going to do to challenge myself for the until the beginning of May when my events are scheduled. I did measurements, printed some calendars for tracking things, and chose an exercise video program to follow. I'll finish up today and then I'm ready to get started.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 234.2
    CW: 236.2
  • trooworld
    @FUPA_B_GONE I know, right? Looks so cool and fun lol.

@askewcr I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. To know how to love and do it right is spectacular.

@FushiaKat Congrats on the loss!

@bgame4 It's a great idea to set some easier goals, it's important to make your goals achievable. If you set all hard goals, it wouldn't be very motivating, would it? Great job yesterday!!!

@Cornanda You sound like you are fighting for it. I believe in you, Lisa! Hugs.

Hi all. My head has not been in the game and for that, I apologize. The 2 lb gain is not a surprise. My attention has been elsewhere and if I take my eye off the prize for just one second, I gain. :( I've been all about my artwork and I need some balance.

1) Exercise 3 days a week - No
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 25 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
    18922 Posts: 106 Member
    Good morning everyone,

Hope you’re having a great week

Username: 18922
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 193
    CW: 192.5
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Had to work at home, when my daughter had slight fever yesterday, and I had all sorts of cravings😂actually first time since I started, so not too bad..
    Tried to fix with different stuff that use to work, but felt like that the whole day, so went a bit over.

Can’t complain though.

Back on track today. Just done my workout (and felt great, probably do to the rating yesterday).

• annflaherty1
    annflaherty1 Posts: 76 Member
    Username:annflaherty1
    Weigh in week: Week 2
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 178.2
    CW: 178.4
    Total Loss: 35.6

Good workout yesterday. Today, the damp weather is wreaking havoc with my hips. Dr ordered an injection at the SI joint. Hopefully, it will help.

Question: has anyone taken supplements to combat candida in the body? My daughter went to a nutritionist/nurse practitioner who advised she take supplements specific to this issue. She said that years of eating carbs, sugar, and taking antibiotics can build up an overflow of candida in the gut, creating a difficult time with weight loss. My daughter has been following the plan provided to her and has lost 10.5 lbs in two weeks.

Candida also causes inflammation in the joints.

Going to sprouts this week and will look into supplements specific to reducing candida in the body. I’ll let you know what I find out.
  • lose4me71
    lose4me71 Posts: 36 Member
    Username: lose4me71
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 299.5
    CW:299.5
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    30 Day Spring Challenge, Day 19 (3/9):
    1. Get up right away ✅
    2. Drink a glass of water as soon as I get up ✅
    3. Eat breakfast ✅
    4. Take supplements and brush teeth ✅
    5. 5 minutes of meditation ✅
    6. Exercise ✖
    7. Take a shower ✅

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • FushiaKat
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I read today, finished the book, started another.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 2987 steps so far today. Still time to get in those last few steps.
    3) Weigh everyday - I forgot to weigh

Today I had a NSV I picked out a blouse that I saved that was too small for me. Today it fits perfectly. My husband asked me if I wanted money for new clothes, I told him no, to wait till I lose 25 lbs. more. I'm so close to my goal weight, I added an extra 5 lbs. I want to weigh between 135 - 145, 25 lbs. will put me at 140. I should still reach my goal weight by August of this year. I'm going to look so good for the holidays and our anniversary in December too!! I'm having Taco Salad tomorrow; I think I will call it Taco Salad Thursday and eat it every week on Thursday.

@Cornanda Don't be too hard on yourself. It sounds like you've put lots of plans in place to help you move forward. I believe in you! You got this weight loss stuff in the bag!! Remember to put things in place to help you on those rough days, some go to foods. I use pickles and sugar free candies when I just can't take it anymore.
  • trooworld
    @18922 Congrats on the loss!

@Glombog I hope your daughter feels better soon. It sounds like you had a hangry day. Do you know that term?

@bgame4 GREAT day!

@FushiaKat Woo hoo for finishing the book and a smaller blouse!

Hi all. I'm working from home today and so I won't get into any trouble with snacks. Have a good day.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 134.5
    CW: 134.5
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    edited March 2022
    @FushiaKat – Congrats on the NSV! That is a great feeling, isn’t it?!?
    Hey, all! I screwed up yesterday…daughter and I went to see Death on the Nile (loved it, btw) and I was hungry. I was only going to have popcorn, but we saw those delicious soft pretzels and we both gave in. It was still within my calories, but definitely not an unprocessed food item. But, No Zero Days, right? I kept to my no soda challenge and bought 3 bottles of water instead (movie is 2+ hours). I did end up eating a little more food in the evening (hummus and carrots), so I ended my day over calories, but I’m ok with it. Still within maintenance :smile:
    Enjoying a late lunch right now (lots of meetings today) of a baked tater with nooch, some baby carrots and a spinach/spring mix salad with my home made vinaigrette (Basil Leaf EVOO and Peach Balsamic Vinegar). I adore my local purveyor of EVOOs and Balsamics…I can make so many awesome combinations!
    Have a lovely day and eat (or drink) your veggies!

2022 Mantra: NO ZERO DAYS!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hey Team! I'm just doing a quick check-in to let you know that I'm still hanging in there. Joe is slowly healing from his broken shoulder. He also badly hurt his knee which makes it hard for him to get around. The mornings are especially difficult. Tomorrow we go for round two of chemo and I'm really praying that his body handles it all. Work has suddenly gotten very busy because Easter is next month and along with a few other events, I've been given a ton of extra tasks to get done ASAP. My diet is so so and I'm honestly just trying to do the best I can. I have had some good workouts this week, which are really good for my stress level more than anything else. I will try to check in with you all again soon. :)
  • FushiaKat
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I will read tonight. I'm reading "The Institute" by Stephen King. I like it so far.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 3673 steps so far today.
    3) Weigh everyday - 167.0

Has anybody read the George and Martha Childrens book(s)? It's pretty cute my friend Kendra gifted it to me for my birthday along with a daily affirmation book. I'm not too keen on the daily affirmations, they are jumbled up poetry. Some make sense and most don't.

Wooo I found the Yasso Vanilla Sea Salt Caramel yogurt bar today and I bought 2 boxes. I can't wait to try it tonight. Smoked Paprika is in short supply my market has been out for 2 months, I found some at 2 other markets today and I bought 4 jars. Gas is $5.60 a gallon. I'm trying to stay stocked up on most items, I might need to go to Costco this weekend.

@TeresaW1020 I'm wishing Joe all the best, I hope he does well with his Chemo tomorrow. Poor guy just can't get a break. Maybe you should eat within maintenance for a while. You got a lot going on.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Basil Leaf EVOO and Peach Balsamic Vinegar, sounds scrumptious.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,552 Member
    Hey gang, I'll catch up tomorrow, I was adding something to the very end of my post and everything was just deleted, after an hour of catching up I'm really irritated at my laptop, it deleted everything and won't let me undo it. Sorry!

@annflaherty1 You may want to check out The Yeast Connection, I read it around 1990 and it was very popular, I don't know how it's stood up over time but I did it back then but was trying a lot of stuff at once and don't know what did and didn't help.

@Glombog Those are amazing before and after photos!

@TeresaW1020 Praying for tomorrow for Joe, hang in there my friend.
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all

Username davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:221.3
    CW:220.4
  • trooworld
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Your lunch sounds delicious!

@TeresaW1020 Just hang in there, you've got a lot going on. I'm glad you are doing the workouts. They will help you. Hugs.

@FushiaKat I read "The Institute" and liked it. Great job with the challenge. I have not read the George and Martha books. Yeah, our gas is even higher: $5.79 at Arco (the cheapest place)!

@davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. TGIF. I hope you all have a good weekend.

This discussion has been closed.