Is this group still alive??

Options
summerkissed
summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
Hey is anyone here?? It's time I took control of my life but it's hard and I find no one understands the struggles I face daily! I'm 38 mum of 2 step mum of 3, was diagnosed with ADD at age 27 I was medicated with Dex but hated it so I stopped taking it!! I know I'm smart, I know I can do things but I just can't do it....you know what I mean....people I'm struggling atm I want to be successful but I just never get there! I've been trying to finish my personal trainer certificates now for 19 years I re started them so many times I've paid over $3000 for them but the end result has eluded me.....help I'm sick of being a failure my mum once told me "Rachel you need to stop setting your goals so high...your just not that smart" I'll never forget those words....is that it does everyone just think I'm dumb :(
Help please!!!

Replies

• imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been way off of my healthy journey, so I have ignored MFP for quite a while. I believe you are smart, and quite capable of reaching your goals. Being a mum is very distracting, and so is work, and everything else! I find I have the best success when I set mini goals, and keep on going. You can do it!
  • debnjk
    debnjk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey is anyone here?? It's time I took control of my life but it's hard and I find no one understands the struggles I face daily! I'm 38 mum of 2 step mum of 3, was diagnosed with ADD at age 27 I was medicated with Dex but hated it so I stopped taking it!! I know I'm smart, I know I can do things but I just can't do it....you know what I mean....people I'm struggling atm I want to be successful but I just never get there! I've been trying to finish my personal trainer certificates now for 19 years I re started them so many times I've paid over $3000 for them but the end result has eluded me.....help I'm sick of being a failure my mum once told me "Rachel you need to stop setting your goals so high...your just not that smart" I'll never forget those words....is that it does everyone just think I'm dumb :(
    Help please!!!

Don't know if you'll see this as it's 5 years later, but I just joined.

Your post made me so sad for you and simultaneously livid that your mum would say that to you. You are capable of so much more than you (and especially they) know. If you're still around and see this reply, I'd love to help any way I can. ❤️
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Help please!!!

Don’t know if the group is. But I am. Happy to help. Maybe we help each other up out of this pit of repeaters failures and misery.