March 10

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    2hpemfebpyzi.jpg

Enjoying A Healthy Lifestyle

The last few topics have really reminded me how important it is to find the things you truly enjoy along your "healthy lifestyle journey".

Speaking of that journey, and the image I chose, I can't help but have a little fun with it. I mean, what IS that journey? What is the destination? What does it look and feel like when you get there?

I suppose from the picture it looks like ecstatic leaping high into the air and being carried by brightly colored balloons over fields of gold amid even cloudy skies! How dreamy it must be to get there! It must feel so amazing!

Ok, enough of that.

What I am trying to talk about is the long term nature of this "journey to health". Similar to how @biketheworld showed that despite ups and downs, you can trend downward by not giving up (at least not for long if you do give up). Also motivation, similar to yesterday's topic from @SummerSkier . As well as habits, be they regular or otherwise some preparatory thing you keep on your "tool belt" to use when appropriate.

Ok, I can already hear the snoring so I'll get right to it (which for me probably means several more paragraphs, apologies in advance).

Despite my own many ups and downs, by finding healthy foods and activities that I truly enjoy during "on track" cycles, I find myself able to maintain some of those healthy foods and activities to some degree even during the "off track" cycles. Some of these you can call habits, but not all of them are habits. They're just things I enjoy eating or doing in general.

The best part is that when I get back "on track", I already have a number of foods and activities at the ready to implement into whatever plans I am starting up. And each cycle finds me learning/discovering even more things.

While I understand it is not as simple as Googling "healthy things I will find enjoyable", it is something that I feel is very important to do for yourself. If you are only following some other plans, just to hit goals, and not truly, and I mean truly enjoying those things, then stop doing that, search for things you will enjoy. Maybe that means looking at things from a different angle.

For example if you can't find a perfect lasagna replacement that is healthy, maybe you should stop looking for lasagna and instead find foods you find delicious that are also healthy. Perhaps after a while of eating truly enjoyable foods that are healthy you won't care as much for lasagna any more? Just a thought. 🙂

It's harder to go "off track" if you are enjoying what you do. And even if you do go "off track", surely you will still do some of the enjoyable healthy things which will reduce the setback.

So, now a question.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (and be brutally honest) how much enjoyment do you get from your chosen exercises and foods? If it's not a high score, do you have any thoughts why it might be that way, and how you might be able to make your healthy journey more enjoyable?
  • LindaGB1975
    LindaGB1975 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thursday, March 10

Exercise: Yes - 40 minutes Body FX Figure 8 - Disco; 38 minutes DDP Yoga - Stand up
    Tracked all: Yes
    Calories under: No

1 pass day used
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,551 Member
    Options
    All three done.

My favorite exercise is spinning as I can slap on some headphones or crank up the tunes rattle the windows and ride away. Or I can chill with some nice classical girls a leisurely ride
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    March 10 - 2 pass days used
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 30 minutes of recovery stretching this morning. Yesterday's leg workout was intense
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I decided early in my weight loss journey that I would find workouts on YouTube. I started with Pahla B Fitness, it's moderate and was 20 to 25 minutes. I do it right away in the morning. I am going to rate this type of exercise a 10 because I consistently work out, I see results. I have recently added HASFit and Fabulous50s and Shine Dance Fitness. The weather varies where I live in Montana makes it very difficult to walk outside. For instance today it was 12 degrees and the wind was blowing 30 miles per hour. I will put walking a 7 because of the weather and safety.

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,893 Member
    Options
    Date: 03/10/22

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31

March goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (4 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge
    https://youtu.be/g83v1m2P4_g[/spoile]
    6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging