Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 170.1
    CW: 171.2

+1.2
  • Cornanda
    This week has been odd. Still a bit of drama, but much less than last week. Yet I ate more. (Darn triscuits!) Also, you know how when you plan to tighten things up, you get a bit of "what the h-ll" mentality.... Like- I'll just eat this one thing now before I start the challenge and then I'll be really good. I think that crept in too.

I plan to start the challenge on Monday. I'm NOT going to binge all weekend. It probably will be sort of a soft start since the kids will be here for Spring Break and I have to feed them up a bit while they are here for Mom's cooking. I won't go crazy though.

I've found an exercise plan. I'm going to add an extra day a week of exercise, and change my walks to run/walks. Even with next week being so/so that gives me 6 weeks before the upcoming events, so we'll see what progress I can make.

I'm not going to beat myself up if it doesn't work out. The effort is what counts.

@TeresaW1020 - thinking of you and praying for you and Joe.

Lisa
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19

Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 259
    CW: 259
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 2/23: 225.9

Check in weight (3/4/2022): 225.4

Check in weight (3/11/2022):224.4
    Check in weight (2/16/2022):
    Check in weight (2/23/2022):
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91
    Friday
    PW: 165.0
    CW: 163.4

So odd, last week was a gain, this week a loss, felt like I did exactly the same stuff. I'll take this week over last week though! :wink:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @FushiaKat Let us know how you like the Vanilla Sea Salt Caramel bars! I enjoyed The Institute, it was the first Stephen King I'd read in awhile and it reminded me of a few of his others but not in a way that took away from it.

@Cornanda I definitely know what you mean, like you're having a last hurrah before you crack down again. Have a great weekend!

@gwamajtw91 Some weeks are like that, doesn't always make a lot of sense.

I downloaded a new document program so I can save what I'm responding to, my school Microsoft account expired so I've been unable to use it and that's why I keep losing stuff! I'm trying increasing the anti depressant I take for nerve pain and it's making me super drowsy but it helps so I'm going to play with it a bit and see if the tiredness dies down. I've been waking up a little earlier to get my workouts done in case my nephew needs me but he's been good the last few days. Not much else going on, have an HOA board meeting in the morning so I'll get up and work out before that and head over. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    My Spring Challenge commitment is:
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I will read tonight.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 2452 steps so far today. I'm working on our taxes now so my steps are lower and will be for a few days.
    3) Weigh everyday - 167.3

My husband surprised me today. He gave me $1000 and told me to buy a new wardrobe when I reach my goal weight. I've been moping around a bit all week. 3 bad things happened to me at this weight, and I can't wait to get passed it. That is an incentive for sure, after tonight I will eat closer to 1050 calories a day or try to walk more steps. But if I start not to feel well, I will go back to 1200 a day. It will just take longer to get where I want to go. I really needed that incentive to keep me going, because I thought I might like to eat at maintenance for a month.
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 591 Member

USERNAME: MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO

WEIGH IN DAY SATURDAY (3/12)
    PW: 161.2
    CW: 162.4

GAIN!!! I know why? Birthday Week, eating whatever I wanted , drinking Alcohol! SO, back to more Healthy Choices! I CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Username amioc
    weigh in day: Friday
    Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022)
    All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022)
    PW: 146.4
    CW: 143.8 😁
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    Username: bgame4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW: 131 lbs
    CW: 134 lbs

I believe this gain is due to my big birthday dinner and treats yesterday. It has also been a stressful week, which increased unhealthy snacking.

Phrase of the year: OWN IT!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Cornanda Sorry about the gain. I hope you have fun with your kids. Good luck with the new exercise plan. The effort does indeed count. <3

@leonadixon @gwamajtw91 @amioc Congrats on the losses!

@Katmary71 Good idea. I don't have Microsoft Office, I use Notepad though. It's too frustrating to lose your responses! I'm glad you found something to use. Hopefully, the tiredness does calm down. Have a great weekend, too!

@FushiaKat How nice of your husband! Good luck.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

@bgame4 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hi all. I have a busy day ahead of me, lots of running around and an art opening tonight. Have a great weekend!

1) Exercise 3 days a week - No
    2) Drink 50 oz of water a day - 50 oz drank

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    The March Week 3 Group Challenge is now posted and will begin tomorrow, Sunday, March 12th. Please join us to Work It Out this week! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10858795/march-week-3-group-challenge-spell-your-name-work-it-out#latest

Hope to see you there!

Jessica :blush:
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Starting Weight 258.5
    PW:251.5
    CW:252.5 :/

Let's go get it! B)
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 203 Member
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 219
    CW 219.4

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @FushiaKat How wonderful of your hubby to gift you with money for a new wardrobe. That should be very motivating for you and a great incentive to stick to your plan. Maybe I need to have a talk with my hubby. ;)

@Cornanda thanks for your prayers! <3 I need to get back to the challenge too. I have been all over the place lately and feeling out of control with my eating isn’t giving me the comfort I need. So why do I do it??? Have fun with your kids! :)

Hey everyone! Not much going on today other than a bunch of little projects that needed to be done. Like descaling my Keurig so it would stop blinking that stupid light at me! Joe had his second chemo treatment yesterday and so far, just feeling really tired. His shoulder is doing ok but his leg is still giving him a lot of issues. We think he might have pulled a tendon in his knee/thigh area. I wrapped it in an ace bandage and that is helping a little. Today was a big kids event at the church but we decided to stay home and not crowd into a room with over a hundred adults and kids. Neither of us needs to catch any germs! ;) My eating has been fairly pathetic this week, but I did make a menu for next week and really plan to get back on the wagon. Dang thing is so slippery that I keep falling off! :D I started week 5 of LIIFT4 and upped my weights for my chest and triceps. It was hard to wash my hair!! :o
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    1) Read for 30 minutes a day or use my Scroll Saw - I read today.
    2) Move at least 30 minutes a day or walk 3000 steps - 2052 steps so far today.
    3) Weigh everyday - 168.3, going up, lol this away's happens then it drops by Tuesday. It's ok so long as I'm staying on track, I'm not worried.

My husband said the money gift was not for motivation, but for a prize for when I get to the end because he knows I will get there. He can be really sweet at times. I'm having a lazy day, not doing much of anything.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,533 Member
    @FushiaKat That's really sweet and supportive of your husband to give you money toward your new wardrobe. Glad you're feeling stronger.

@MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO You CAN do this!

@TeresaW1020 Oh no, sore arms from week 4 of lifting, yikes! Sounds like you have a good plan for the next week!

Happy Saturday night gang! I had a board meeting this morning, it was over 2 hours and I felt like I couldn't go to the bathroom being secretary so I couldn't rush home fast enough, geez! I drink a huge glass of water while working out then had coffee and my supplement drink so I was ready to yell at people to hurry up. I have to type up the minutes but I'm putting it off until tomorrow. It was a nice day so the seedlings went outside and I replanted ones that weren't doing well thanks to the gnat attack (sugar snap peas were hit the hardest for some reason). It just dawned on me I was supposed to soak them first, shoot! That's what happens when you have earphones on and just randomly do stuff. My Dad's coming over tomorrow to help with me with my hose, aside of that nothing new is really going on. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Username: Micaroo4
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 3/6: 129.6
    CW 3/13: 129.8
    Maintenance goal range 127-133 (center weight 130)
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @FushiaKat Let us know how you like the Vanilla Sea Salt Caramel bars! I enjoyed The Institute, it was the first Stephen King I'd read in awhile and it reminded me of a few of his others but not in a way that took away from it.

@Cornanda I definitely know what you mean, like you're having a last hurrah before you crack down again. Have a great weekend!

@gwamajtw91 Some weeks are like that, doesn't always make a lot of sense.

I downloaded a new document program so I can save what I'm responding to, my school Microsoft account expired so I've been unable to use it and that's why I keep losing stuff! I'm trying increasing the anti depressant I take for nerve pain and it's making me super drowsy but it helps so I'm going to play with it a bit and see if the tiredness dies down. I've been waking up a little earlier to get my workouts done in case my nephew needs me but he's been good the last few days. Not much else going on, have an HOA board meeting in the morning so I'll get up and work out before that and head over. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sorry for being nosy but is the medication you take for nerve pain pregabalin? (probably didn’t spell it right)
  • Cornanda
    @TeresaW1020 - maybe a soft knee brace would help Joe? Glad he is just tired after chemo. Lol about the wagon being slippery. Just keep holding on tight.

@trooworld - how was the art opening?

It's been a different sort of weekend. Took my son suit shopping since he's graduating. Things sure have changed at the department stores. No one to help you or measure you and don't think they do alterations either. My daughter is having abdominal issues- pain and nausea. She already had two doctor visits at school and had a normal ultrasound and normal labwork. Took her to an urgent care yesterday and the PA was terrible. He asked her one question, poked her belly and told us we needed to go to the ER. I guess he didn't want to bother with us. I argued with him and he agreed not to charge us for the visit. He didn't do a dang thing! No exam! Wouldn't listen to anything we said! Really, I've never seen anything like it. I might even call up the clinic manager and complain about him. So, now I have to figure out how to get her some care before she needs to go back to school. I didn't get much done after that. Will have to try to be more productive today.

Last night we had breakfast for dinner and then we played our favorite card game- became a favorite during the pandemic. It's a group solitaire type game, and it involves plenty of card slapping and trash talking. Enjoyed it!

Our weather here in sunny FL is quite odd. Thurs-Sat morning it rained a couple inches. Then it got VERY windy. Like blowing large plant pots over windy. And then last night we had a freeze. Needless to say, I did not take a walk yesterday and not sure if I will today either.

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.