• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    ✔️✔️✔️
    0/3pass days used
  • loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. I wish I could tell my younger self to embrace the body shape I have - rectangular torso with high hip bones (which forever look like muffin tops even at my thinnest) I was never happy, no matter my size, because I was comparing myself to a completely different body type.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    March 17 ☘️
    ✅✅✅

☘️ No pass days used so far in March
    ☘️ 45 minutes of indoor/outdoor exercise today
    ☘️ 13,000+ steps

Thanks to everyone who shared today; so insightful! I also wish someone had explained to me how to maintain after the loss.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    A pass day
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    3 x Yes
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    3/17

Exercise: 150 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 0
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Funny story: I stopped by to see my granddaughter and my newest great-grandbaby Ivory Rose after work yesterday. It was so nice outside that we sat out on the porch for 20 mins or so just chatting (while I held the baby, of course!). She talked a little about her weight gain since having the baby and she said "grandma, I don't know how much you're into apps, but I found this cool one where I can log my food in a food diary, and keep track of how many calories I'm eating! It's called myfitnesspal!" I just laughed out loud! I told her I knew about it, LOVED it, and have been on it (off and on) since 2012. She said "oh wow!"

We then talked about how much easier it is to lose 20-30 lbs rather than 50-100 lbs.... but that we all have to start somewhere. I was able to talk to her about learning how to "maintain" and KEEP the weight off once we get to our goal - something that I never really understood or learned about in any diet books that I read when I was young. It would be wonderful if I could help her to understand (at age 24) something that I didn't learn/understand until I was 60!!!!!

What is something that YOU wished that you knew about in your 20s or 30s as far as weight loss or food? Or something that you would go back and tell your younger self now if you could?

U r so right @mrs_hoffer like u I wish I knew about the above in my 20s. How lucky is she to hve u to give her that valuable life changing info. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Yes x3
    March has been really interesting for me I hve learnt that 3 months at a deficit is too long for me personally. I am going to switch to maintaince on the 23rd of March and if i decide to take a deficit in the future I will only do it for a month at a time cos any longer only causes me to feel deprived and over eat etc. Its been a really good and valuable experiment but not a very successful one weight loss wise! Xo
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    Thurs March 17

I did not post yesterday, though I did read. Wednesday was a pass day.
    Way over pass days in my learning month
    Yesterday was not a pass day for the first time in a long time
    Exercise - 20 minutes walk (no stretching or MommaStrong)
    Tracking - tracked EVERYthing
    Calories - Exactly on my revised higher target
    Weight gain - 0.9 pounds. I think some of my estimates for things I didn't know the calories for were off. There was a restaurant ginger sauce leftover from takeout friday and a hamentashen cookie for my bedtime treat - those were probably the culprits.

Re: what I would tell myself in my 20s - I actually think I got a pretty good grounding in this stuff from doing weight watchers at 24. They've changed the program many times since and I think it's gotten kind of weird. (I don't like the idea of magic zero points foods). but back then, 20 years ago, it was pretty straightforward. Maybe a bit more emphasis on low fat than is best for my body but I figured that out pretty quickly - and moved towards calorie counting rather than points counting. There was a lot of emphasis on maintenance and I was focused on how to maintain -lost 25 pounds in less than a year and kept it off until I got pregnant. My diet was fairly healthy in terms of not too many processed foods too, though I had occasional treats.

I did not realize how much harder weight loss would be when I was older, but I don't think it would have helpful to know that then :)
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,496 Member
    Options
    ~🍀~ 3 / 17 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 230+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 27,640 +.......... 200 = walking ......... 30 cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17

💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success In March 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,688 Member
    Options
    Late post all three done even 43 minute lunch time walk.

If I were younger again I would have followed my career dream I could be retired now, but my career has and still teaches many things today,maybe I would be bored if I didn’t work. I would also place more time and structure into my exercise patterns and food choices there would be no Mac and cheese with chicken nuggets when the kids were little because it was quick and easy while dad worked a late shift I would focus on whole food real food. I guess they call these shoulda woulda coulda
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    So many of your posts about what you would tell your younger self are SPOT ON!!! Thanks for sharing!

March 17: ✅✅✅ exercise was riding my bicycle to the chiropractor's office (and back home after!) approx 13 miles. It took an hour each way because there were hills that I just had to stop and walk. Biking uses inner thigh muscles and abdominal muscles that you just don't use when you're walking or running!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    yesx3
  • VickiSLaw
    VickiSLaw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I didn't exercise, nor did I stay in my calorie range, but I did track and was barely over. I also did well not eating in the evening after an early dinner, when everyone else was snacking.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,498 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    UAC:
    🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
    🍀 P 🍀 P 🍀 🍀 🍀
    P -🍀 🍀 18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28-
    29-30-31
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise, and a neighborhood walk
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    2 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-P-6-7-8-9-P-11-12-13-14-15-16-17

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,904 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Tracking yes
    Calories no
    2 pass days used for the month