March 20

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,618 Member
    Options
    3/20
    Exersised yes
    Caleries yes
    Logged yes
    I drink lots of water. Pretty much all I drink. I sleep regular hours,especially now that I'm older.
  • jmu1965
    jmu1965 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Nothing for me today. I have a stomach virus. 🤢
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @jmu1965 Take good care — lots of it going around.

Super opening post today 💡@makattack220 — will respond a bit later today.

@donna25trinity Well done on the loss of inches (no easy feat!) and on recognizing it is time for a period at maintenance. Wishing you (and your family) well as you return to the workplace tomorrow. 💛

Great job today @stella7x7 ✅✅✅

Welcome @RBnorth66 — it is wonderful to have you here. 🥰
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,292 Member
    Options
    March 20, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (18 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (19 day)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,814 Member
    Options
    ✅✅✅
    2 pass days used.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,142 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @makattack220

Love these two habits, and I definitely work on both!

Water:
    I used to be in the camp of people who "didn't like water". While I do prefer sparkling water, I mostly can't be bothered to make a Sodastream bottle these days over just plain water. When I didn't drink water before, I wasn't necessarily drinking loads of other liquids. It just wasn't a priority to drink much of anything.
    I don't have massive goals in this area. Every day I ensure I drink at least 64 oz water. I don't count anything else towards that (but track all other liquids in my diary). If I am thirsty and have bigger days, great.
    I can't honestly say I notice a ton of direct impacts of staying hydrated, though I know logically they must be happening. I just do it because I know a minimum amount of good hydration is important.

Sleep:
    For a long while on my journey I actually found I was losing sleep to achieve my goals. I was getting up before work to exercise but wasn't trying to get to bed any sooner.
    Two months ago I set a habit to focus on this and started aiming for a minimum of 7 hours. This month, I'm trying to hit 7.5, and finding I'm doing so on average so I'll move up to 7.75 next until I get to 8.
    One thing I found at first was that consciously paying attention to it was making me sleep less because if I wasn't falling asleep right away I'd be thinking "oh no- you'd better hurry or else you won't get your x amount of sleep". So this is another area where I've had to let go and not let focusing on something become a fixation. I also don't have a specific routine to get there because my schedule changes so I'm currently tending to set my alarm based on when I get to bed.

I return to office most days next month and have a longish commute so this flex will go away and all of my healthy living habits are going to be put to the test. I feel confident I'm up for the challenge and I'm ready to put my well being first above all else.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,735 Member
    Options
    20/03/2022

Exercise – yes, bike ride, walking and cardio.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    3 pass days used

Interesting opener today @makattack220 – I’ve noticed lots of people making a big thing about drinking water. Personally, I don’t track water (or any fluid) consumption. I drink when I’m thirsty.
    I have a fitness tracker that attempts to track sleep but it doesn’t do it very well. I tend to have a broken sleep pattern, and often take a long time to drop off. As @ashleycarole86 found, if I worry about it I sleep less well.
    I can’t say that I have any keystone habits that I worry about.

• LeanMe_28
    LeanMe_28 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Exercise ✅
    Calories ✅
    Tracking ✅

Pass days 2/3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,139 Member
    Options

✅ Exercise: 68 mins
    ✅ Calories: under goal
    ✅ Tracked

Remaining pass days: 3️⃣

Keystone Habits:
    Currently on maintenance
    1. Track, and keep CI < CO
    2. Balance Macros/micros
    3. A variety of daily exercise
    4. Adequate sleep/hydration
    5. Weigh daily

From 18 March Theme
    This is my identity based March Tiny Habit.
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of body, mind, and spirit.
    I will refrain from eating after 9pm to allow my body to concentrate on processing CI
    LNS: 0 ~|~ Me: 20 (Streak = 24)

This has definitely worked for me. My CI have reduced this month.

I know some people believe that all calories are equal. However, I was checking my macros today and I realised that my Fat%age has been creeping up, which I do not think is healthy for my body.
    For the next 14 days:
    I will prelog my CI first thing in the morning to ensure that I am within 2% my daily specified goal for Fat%age
    👌🏻👌🏻
  • Caramel_Apple
    Caramel_Apple Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Sunday

Exercise: 30 min
    Calories: under goal
    Tracking complete

pass days used 1/3
  • RBnorth66
    RBnorth66 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Exercise met - hike down the mountain to the bench and back up. 45 min. yay!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    All my goals met today.

Every evening I bring a large bottle of water at least 40oz upstairs with me. I would prefer no tv but one must be accommodating to their spouse so at least he turns down the volume😊!
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Logged all today, but I did go over. No exercise today; it was a beautiful day for a walk but I had a bad night's sleep and saved my energy for food prepping, cleaning up the kitchen afterwards and folding & putting away laundry.

I try to stay hydrated by drinking herbal tea throughout the day (I don't like plain water). I will add cold water to a fruit tea bag and drink it cold sometimes for a change of pace. I have trouble sleeping so I go to bed ridiculously early most nights in order to get enough broken up hours of sleep in order to function for an 8 hour work day. I take sleeping medication Sun - Thurs nights and then take a break on Fri/Sat nights. My insomnia started when I got pregnant with my daughter 26 years ago (my first sign); my sleep issues are hormonal. For the last 4/5 years, they are better than they used to be so I'm grateful. I try not to complain because it's beyond my control. It does affect my energy level though.
  • yrc_pr
    yrc_pr Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

3 Pass Days Used
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Exercise: Yes
    Tracked : Yes
    Calories : Yes
    (0 pass days used)
  • Jan1936
    Jan1936 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Nope!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Pass Day #1
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,977 Member
    Options
    Date: 03/20/22

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    [UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15 -16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31]

March goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (4 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge
    https://youtu.be/g83v1m2P4_g[/spoile]
    6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
    [/quote]